HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #2941

high five! i just completed my ITE bridging course so im taking mine next year too! hope can juggle with 6 kids...
Wow i was just thinking if i can manage with 2 kids lol.. which poly u applying?

Wanted to take a part-time diploma course which is about 18 weeks. Using the Garment given fund. Like dat can beautify my cert But my girl take her PSLE this year, so I shall wait and wait....
I also want to beautify my cert, will be using psea and skillsfuture credits which means this diploma will be free lol.. when i apply for jobs in jobstreet.. 99% of people got higher education than me.. so sad..
Erinlmh likes this.
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #2942

Yes 🤣🤣🤣 the missing line was since yest .. after 9am, the grant letter was attached before the missing line with the amount of grant amount mentioned inside the letter 😇😇😇

So the next thing to look out for is missing grant status line
hashbrownz likes this.
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #2943

Better make a will to avoid any issue in future after we passed away.
Wait our will HDB dont accept how lei. Hahahaha nvr buy HPS for our kids means if both me n husband dies...house HDB take back lor. If HDB accept will...now i will ask my husband to write will put my name. No need buy HPS. 😂😂😂
LynR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 01:31 AM   #2944

If they give you the grant, just take. Stay and dun sell liao. When got money, buy ang mo house. Rent out this flat to service your ang mo house expenses
Actually it’s best if you don’t sell house. Nowadays house also not an investment. Buy cheap, finish paying and rent out. If you sell, need pay this and that. End up will be possibly out of pocket.
Erinlmh likes this.
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 01:34 AM   #2945

I think polytechnic can pay school fee via CPF OA account depends on income ba. Not too sure too. I will update you in another 5 years time after my eldest completed her studies and also provided she can advance to that level.
Can use cpf for full time poly studies. But take note it’s a loan hor, not “free money”. Got interest some more hahahaha
Old 27-07-2018, 01:43 AM   #2946

My second daughter studied Diploma in baking n pastry at shatec. The course fees is 4k over. Her PSEA acc only have 1.9k...i wanted to pay for the balance using my edusave account also cannot. Only cn use siblings PSEA account. Hahahah.. too funny lah. My edusave acc 15k park there for more than 25yrs also cannot use for my daughter's educations. Cannot trfr to my cpf acc also. I must die die go back to school then cn use edusave acc i think.
Omg really? Our PSEA cannot use for kids one ah? Siao leh like that your 15k collecting dust. But MOE website states that PDEA should go to your cpf once you turn 31 though. Yo should check that out, will be useful for housing repayment.
Old 27-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #2947

Omg really? Our PSEA cannot use for kids one ah? Siao leh like that your 15k collecting dust. But MOE website states that PDEA should go to your cpf once you turn 31 though. Yo should check that out, will be useful for housing repayment.
Cannot use for my kids lor. Im wayyy over 31 already but my edusave still there lor collecting dust. Not sure if i hv to do anything to trfr my edusave fund to ordinary cpf acc.
LynR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #2948

This is interesting. Mind keep us posted on your update?

Levy part I understand, you don't need to paid until you buy another subsidiary house. That's the game rule not they main busuk. It have to be in cash.

But I not quite understand why you can't use your HLe for your 34k. Unless you already hit the life time limit that you can use for your housing.

In short: Gov don't want us to continue taking housing as a sure win investment, change house for the sake of getting the cash capital gain.

If you sell ur house and got a cash profit more worse😂. Hdb will ask u to pay for ur current balance purchased price in cash.

Like mine example... i sold my resale flat and got 60k cash 10yrs ago. Now i want to buy this sbf right...the unit cost me 184k. Both our cpf is 150k. Balance 34k, i cant use HLE to pay. They want me to pay it in cash even tho i got 218k HLE amount. On top of 34k...my levy is 20k. So in short they want 54k cash frm me. Thats why im appealling to let me use my HLE to pay for my balance right now.
haogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #2949

Wow i was just thinking if i can manage with 2 kids lol.. which poly u applying?

I also want to beautify my cert, will be using psea and skillsfuture credits which means this diploma will be free lol.. when i apply for jobs in jobstreet.. 99% of people got higher education than me.. so sad..
Im not going to poly... I'm taking private... SIMM... Actually wanted to take diploma last January but with no 'N's or 'O's, I was required to that ITE bridging course... 6 months zzz but finally finished... My initial plan was to take up part-time diploma in poly but i cannot commit 2.5 years... maybe five years down the road can, but not now...
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #2950

Yes 🤣🤣🤣 the missing line was since yest .. after 9am, the grant letter was attached before the missing line with the amount of grant amount mentioned inside the letter 😇😇😇
You gotten the letter for your grant approval? Both AHG & SHG? Congrats!!!
Monday21 likes this.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #2951

Wait our will HDB dont accept how lei. Hahahaha nvr buy HPS for our kids means if both me n husband dies...house HDB take back lor. If HDB accept will...now i will ask my husband to write will put my name. No need buy HPS. 😂😂😂
We are currently having issue with house no will. My grandfather passed away 5 years ago and left the house to my uncle who had been staying with him his whole life. Recently, my uncle also passed away. My dad has to go through many obstacles. He recently just received the leftover CPF amount from my Uncle's account (his elder brother, without any kids, not married, next of kin is my dad). Now comes the house... As you can see, CPF board already approved my dad is the only executor. For HDB side, we are pending for high court approval. Have to engage lawyer. Now, best thing is they asking for my grandmother's death certificate. She passed away 60 years ago in Malaysia. I wrote to the government body which is in-charged of the death certificate in Malaysia. Still.... going thru lots of issue. Now still pending. I wonder need to wait for how long....

We are married and have kids, still not so bad cos our children will be the one who take over our CPF and flat(after sales). Then again, HDB always change rules... I better draw up a will before I die
Old 27-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #2952

Can use cpf for full time poly studies. But take note it’s a loan hor, not “free money”. Got interest some more hahahaha
Ya lor. My cousin using my Uncle's CPF for her nursing course. When she finishes the course and start making money, CPF board will deduct part of her salary to return back to my Uncle's account. Pros and cons. Nowadays, cannot depends on kids to feed us when we are old. I better depend on my own. Told them liao. When they grow up and give me attitude(if they give me monthly allowance), I will go to work at McDonald and earn my own living
Old 27-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #2953

Cannot use for my kids lor. Im wayyy over 31 already but my edusave still there lor collecting dust. Not sure if i hv to do anything to trfr my edusave fund to ordinary cpf acc.
I didn't know we have PSEA account. Maybe I'm too old to have this. It's stated on the website that after you turn 30, the outstanding amount will be transferred to your CPF account.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #2954

I didn't know we have PSEA account. Maybe I'm too old to have this. It's stated on the website that after you turn 30, the outstanding amount will be transferred to your CPF account.
whats PSEA account? i login my CPF no see this lehz.. or is it mine already transferred to my CPF account.. lol.. i'm over 31..
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #2955

whats PSEA account? i login my CPF no see this lehz.. or is it mine already transferred to my CPF account.. lol.. i'm over 31..
I also don't know leh. I don't think I have since I stop studying after O. I think it's more for ITE, Poly, Pre U, University usage.

https://www.moe.gov.sg/education/pos...cation-account
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.