HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #3271

Yes that someone is me. Always blur hehe..
When is ur due babe? Good luck la

Hi !! Long time no visit this thread hehe. Busy with work and pregnancy pain hahah. Anyway, I saw someone asking bout the return of the deposit right? It took mine bout... 3 weeks..
Monday21 likes this.
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:07 AM   #3272

Where to find contractors ?
Google lor. That's the only way to find things these days
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #3273

Important is to do flooring la imo. No flooring = cannot even move in. I went to IDs and they quote me 10k. I went contractor, got less than half price with better material.
Contractor sure cheaper.. but cannot loan ma..further more contractor do things u really need to be there to supervise lo, where got so much time...lol.
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #3274

How come your reno not approved? If you cannot taking ID like I am, I suggest you look for vendors who have in house loans or those that accept credit card instalments.

My SO and I not keen to take loan as we feel we should not start our future together in debt (aside from the monthly CPF la). Furthermore ID really anyhow charge leh. I ask many different ID and some give me itemised quotes and some just quote me 70k off hand

Think I will only take ID for coordination works like hacking and light works around the house. Cut down the cost significantly. Flooring and kitchen I save about 4k in total by taking contractor instead of ID.
We got rejected by ocbc because me and hubby got no credit rating.. anyway, we have decided to take up cimb reno loan.. they are offering the loan at a higher interest rate due to our rating so we just take the minimum amount @ 10k coz dont want to repay so much every month.. so we have decided to do kitchen with the id and the rest will get contractor to do it.
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:13 AM   #3275

What u mean rejected cos of no credit rating?
If I have many credit card bills my loan will be rejected ? Hmmm

We got rejected by ocbc because me and hubby got no credit rating.. anyway, we have decided to take up cimb reno loan.. they are offering the loan at a higher interest rate due to our rating so we just take the minimum amount @ 10k coz dont want to repay so much every month.. so we have decided to do kitchen with the id and the rest will get contractor to do it.
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:01 AM   #3276

What u mean rejected cos of no credit rating?
If I have many credit card bills my loan will be rejected ? Hmmm
Means we dont have credit cards and they dunno if we are reliable enough. If you have been a good girl repaying your cc bills on time then no problem
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #3277

Can anyone share bom shelter cabinet feature wall dimension drawing. Iím would like DIY by myself ( my bom shelter locate just main door area)
william lek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:31 AM   #3278

Yay !!!
Finally collected my keys today!!! Wooohioo

Now need to start contacting IDs and sourcing for one.

Anyways how Long u all took to get the 2K credited into ur bank account ? Thanks

Wahhh congrats!.... everybody seems to have collected keys n doing reno already. I sure last one lahhh... 😅😅 my crm on leave since last week. Will be back today only. Hopefully she faster approve my appeal lahh.
LynR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #3279

Yes that someone is me. Always blur hehe..
When is ur due babe? Good luck la
Hehe.. Baby suppose to pop out ard 10 October. I hope he'll arrive at 10am/pm too hahahaha. Anyway, to those having difficulties securing bank loan, you may wanna try seeing what TCC can help you with... Downside is they need sureties with certain income requirements depending on your loan amount... But i heard from someone here that CIMB loan interest for those without credit ratig is 5%. TCC offering at 4%...

https://www.tcc.org.sg/Renovation-Loan
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #3280

Can anyone share bom shelter cabinet feature wall dimension drawing. Iím would like DIY by myself ( my bom shelter locate just main door area)
116cm x 210cm.... However please have your own measurement will be much safer.. every project dimension is different.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #3281

Hello my fellow friends. It's been a long time since I last chat here. Miss you all with all the information.

1) Someone mentioned about the new rules for people to be able to keep 20K inside our CPF. No need to clear out our OA for the house. I did that when I took up bank loan with HSBC. We borrowed 276K. It's been 6 years. Interest paid is closed to 40k. Do you think it's worth it?

2) With regards to the option fee. I heard from the CS from HDB, it will takes around 4-6 weeks. I also need the money back asap leh....

3) I will be going to HDB this weekend for the 10% downpayment. Since no keys available as yet, I will just sit around and gain more experience from you all.

4) Waiting for Nur.Azie to revert on the updates for the floor screeding appeal. Since I failed to get the flooring from HDB, left with no choice but to use vinyl for bed rooms and living room. If HDB can do floor screeding, can save at least 1k ba. Anyone has any of such experience to share with us?
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #3282

wa 70k.. is either you really do a lot or those ID wanna chop you.

My ID was quite reasonable pricing..

kitchen: Hack semi open + do window + kitchen door + 25ft cabinets in total
all 3 room with at least 5ft wardrobe
master room high storage platform bed
master + living feature wall
Living + 3 room Vinyl overlay
2 toilet with fix glass panel + Vanity
Dining area: false ceiling
living + master room: coves lights
Full height 5ft shoe cabinet
whole house painting: 6 colors

My reno done up is about 40k + - only... + my ID drove me to JB purchase lighting and toiletries..

i think his price is really reasonable and he did quite a great job for my unit.
Hi Amex,

Think you did quite a lot of things leh

What I need is

1) Vinyl flooring for 3 bedrooms + living room (5K)
2) 5ft wardrobe for 3 bedrooms (5k)
3) Kitchen cabinet (5k)
4) Paint the whole house (2 -3 colours) (1.5K)
5) Window Grills (1k)
6) Lightings and electricity installation (1K)

The price is estimated by both my ID. If by the time when I got my unit and have spare cash, I will ask the ID to make a custom made bed for my 3 girls. Saw a design which they like on FB. The one with 2 beds on top and 1 at the bottom. At least they will have their own space. Won't fight. If not enough money then just buy a metal bunk bed for them which cost around $250 from Forty-Two. This one sure fight everyday

https://www.facebook.com/smartparent...246398?__xts__[0]=68.ARDh69Qv1MyxqXu_YdtEg13nv2r1ZNrESxFLz9PL_nxWy1hlz2GZu5GYFBj2Qy3UCS7bl9D7Z9pKVVxuUkZtvvcTBtqbiur_k6sC0AKIUJm_LxUbo6eaEEjymRLeZyRIB1RDu5zL1k_p00vsBvQPKqn4T0PhVE_J3lVSs9i3HkPuWVRdZ4WmhfU&__tn__=C-R
Old 03-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #3283

How come your reno not approved? If you cannot taking ID like I am, I suggest you look for vendors who have in house loans or those that accept credit card instalments.

My SO and I not keen to take loan as we feel we should not start our future together in debt (aside from the monthly CPF la). Furthermore ID really anyhow charge leh. I ask many different ID and some give me itemised quotes and some just quote me 70k off hand

Think I will only take ID for coordination works like hacking and light works around the house. Cut down the cost significantly. Flooring and kitchen I save about 4k in total by taking contractor instead of ID.
70K is really alot leh.... If have time, can become the co-ordinator and get direct contractor to do the reno. That will really save alot.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #3284

Hi Amex,

Think you did quite a lot of things leh

What I need is

1) Vinyl flooring for 3 bedrooms + living room (5K)
2) 5ft wardrobe for 3 bedrooms (5k)
3) Kitchen cabinet (5k)
4) Paint the whole house (2 -3 colours) (1.5K)
5) Window Grills (1k)
6) Lightings and electricity installation (1K)

The price is estimated by both my ID. If by the time when I got my unit and have spare cash, I will ask the ID to make a custom made bed for my 3 girls. Saw a design which they like on FB. The one with 2 beds on top and 1 at the bottom. At least they will have their own space. Won't fight. If not enough money then just buy a metal bunk bed for them which cost around $250 from Forty-Two. This one sure fight everyday

https://www.facebook.com/smartparent...246398?__xts__[0]=68.ARDh69Qv1MyxqXu_YdtEg13nv2r1ZNrESxFLz9PL_nxWy1hlz2GZu5GYFBj2Qy3UCS7bl9D7Z9pKVVxuUkZtvvcTBtqbiur_k6sC0AKIUJm_LxUbo6eaEEjymRLeZyRIB1RDu5zL1k_p00vsBvQPKqn4T0PhVE_J3lVSs9i3HkPuWVRdZ4WmhfU&__tn__=C-R
6) Lightings and electricity installation (1K)??? no need think.. lol.. i at first tot so too.. i did very minimal relocation and extra socket liao.. my electrical quoted me near 3k liao.. including installation of lighting/ceiling fan.

You no need shoe cabinet ah? Tv console buy off shelves?
Old 03-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #3285

Contractor sure cheaper.. but cannot loan ma..further more contractor do things u really need to be there to supervise lo, where got so much time...lol.
I didn't intend to take loan in the first place, so it's fine with me to go contractor and save costs. I'm not a 9-5 person so I have time
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.