HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #3301

That's a huge saving!!! ID quoted you the flooring for how many rooms flat? How come to ex? Should be vinyl right?

The kitchen cabinet also very cheap leh.... Mine is a open kitchen concept, so I still have not decide what to do to seal up the entrance to make it smaller. Maybe will have a built-in cabinet all the way to the ceiling with oven and another slot for microwave oven. Save space too.
4 room vinyl excluding kitchen and toilet as I don't overlay. I went to many flooring companies and ID - all vary in quotes. But ID average is around 6-10k. After I told them I will cut flooring, some bo layan me and don't want to take my project

The cheapest quote was from China (obviously) at $2.5/psf? But I did not take from the contractor as the place looked abit shady.. like can anytime close down and ACRA showed they just open in Aug 2018 despite claiming been in this industry for 10 years. My sixth senses tingling liao.

SO and I were really contemplating the China vinyl until we came across the Swiss one at $2.8/psf. They were having NDP promo at 53% off. Showed us past works, bring us site visit, ACRA checks out good and customer service was top notch. So just top up a couple of hundred dollars and we feel like we got the best deal to date

The most expensive one was actually from Korea. The salesperson really give me sales pitch - say eco friendly, pet friendly, sound proof etc and charge $7.50 psf. But I did not like the material as I find some vinyl really feel very grainy. I grew up on tiles so this transition from smooth to not so smooth is abit difficult la.

Lucky you to get OKC. Mine comes with the wall so I am planning to hack half. I don't see the point in hacking full then putting a bar counter. I find it quite uncomfortable to have dinner on it
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #3302

4 room vinyl excluding kitchen and toilet as I don't overlay. I went to many flooring companies and ID - all vary in quotes. But ID average is around 6-10k. After I told them I will cut flooring, some bo layan me and don't want to take my project

The cheapest quote was from China (obviously) at $2.5/psf? But I did not take from the contractor as the place looked abit shady.. like can anytime close down and ACRA showed they just open in Aug 2018 despite claiming been in this industry for 10 years. My sixth senses tingling liao.

SO and I were really contemplating the China vinyl until we came across the Swiss one at $2.8/psf. They were having NDP promo at 53% off. Showed us past works, bring us site visit, ACRA checks out good and customer service was top notch. So just top up a couple of hundred dollars and we feel like we got the best deal to date

The most expensive one was actually from Korea. The salesperson really give me sales pitch - say eco friendly, pet friendly, sound proof etc and charge $7.50 psf. But I did not like the material as I find some vinyl really feel very grainy. I grew up on tiles so this transition from smooth to not so smooth is abit difficult la.

Lucky you to get OKC. Mine comes with the wall so I am planning to hack half. I don't see the point in hacking full then putting a bar counter. I find it quite uncomfortable to have dinner on it
I won't dare to purchase from the China Vinyl too. From what I heard from you, company just started, etc... sound like a scam. Better dun

$2.80/psf from Swiss sound like a good buy. $7.50/psf will be over budget for us too.

Since my new unit will be ready in another 1-2 years time, I will look at our saving and do the necessary first. Dun wanna take up reno loan at first, I think we left with no choice but to take some too.

I was at first very hesitate with the OKC unit. Then hub explained to me that we can make a whole row cabinet from floor to ceiling, it give me a better idea what we can make use of the empty space. Since hub is a giant, he needs more space at the entrance, we will leave more space for him. I am more concern about the 2 mini walls in between kitchen and laundry area. To hack or not to hack. House already very small still wanna divide them. Another headache is master bedroom is side by side with my daughters' room, but MIL room is after the living room(not connected to the rest of the room). How am I going to install the air-con??... Dun install for her, later she nag we unfair..... many issues to solve.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #3303

Small things like those toiletries accessories, clothes hook, etc can buy from Taobao and ship via EzBuy via Buy-For-Me service. Air freight is $1.69 per 500grams, Sea Freight is $1.20 per 500 grams + 7% GST. If items, damaged, can still ask them to refund or one to one exchange. For those not so rushing stuffs

I ever bought this type of clothes hook from a shop along Whampoa, cos my $85 each.

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000000164300.html
my toilet accessories also bought a lot from taobao and use sea shipping.. nowadays ezbuy is extreme SLOW.... but my lights mostly bought from JB ... Cos i scare china voltage different... lol...
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #3304

my toilet accessories also bought a lot from taobao and use sea shipping.. nowadays ezbuy is extreme SLOW.... but my lights mostly bought from JB ... Cos i scare china voltage different... lol...
My ID told me she can help me get lights from a shop in Singapore at around $40+ per piece. If really not much different compare with buying from Taobao, think I will get it in Singapore. Faster this way. Did you purchase those simple ceiling lights from JB? Roughly how much per piece?

If you are a EzBuy Prime member, you can use their air freight service to Singapore. Faster this way.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #3305

My ID told me she can help me get lights from a shop in Singapore at around $40+ per piece. If really not much different compare with buying from Taobao, think I will get it in Singapore. Faster this way. Did you purchase those simple ceiling lights from JB? Roughly how much per piece?

If you are a EzBuy Prime member, you can use their air freight service to Singapore. Faster this way.
hmm.. my down light i purchase each piece at 24RM, kitchen LED ceiling light 186RM. Toilet / store light 68RM .. i didnt buy those normal ceiling light.. lol.. cos room i got do Cove light .. then 1 common room i bought ceiling fan with light.
Erinlmh likes this.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #3306

Yup, that's what I am doing now. Just some examples of the savings:

1) ID flooring 10k (Korea source) vs Contractor flooring 3k (Switzerland source)
2) ID hacking of 2 walls 3k vs Contractor hack $900
3) ID kitchen bottom cabinet only 6k vs contractor kitchen bottom cabinet only 2.7k
Yea same as mine

ID vinyl flooring 10k vs contractor 5.6k
ID Window grilles 2.6k vs contractor 1k
ID electrical works 2k+ vs contractor 850ish

I'm going for ID kitchen only.. only cimb is kind enough to lend me money now
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:24 PM   #3307

No worries
I collected key last wed
I still haven even check defects
Now only visiting IDs
Haven even seen any furniture yet also
So many things
I really so lazy
I wish everything is done up and I can just move in 😪😪😪

Wahhh congrats!.... everybody seems to have collected keys n doing reno already. I sure last one lahhh... 😅😅 my crm on leave since last week. Will be back today only. Hopefully she faster approve my appeal lahh.
Monday21 likes this.
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #3308

No worries
I collected key last wed
Now only visiting IDs
So many things
I really so lazy
IKR!!!! When want to wait for keys like so anxious but when the keys are on hand like so slack already hahahahah...
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #3309

No worries
I collected key last wed
Now only visiting IDs
So many things
I really so lazy
Lol.. like that you at least need 3 more months to move in.. Funiture hor.. i suggest u see early if you are buying sales item.. i bought a recliner sofa at sales price end up was told that the next available delivery date is 6-8weeks time.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #3310

Yes tell me about it 🤧🤯😓🤣
With no lights and all no point going to the home in the evening after work also so didn’t bother going .. hmmmm

IKR!!!! When want to wait for keys like so anxious but when the keys are on hand like so slack already hahahahah...
Monday21 likes this.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #3311

Yes exactly la.. sigh.. hope I can move in by nov.. by this week will confirm one ID.. they said my renovation can finish in 4-6 weeks.. Reno loan only will take 3 weeks additional to settle

Lol.. like that you at least need 3 more months to move in.. Funiture hor.. i suggest u see early if you are buying sales item.. i bought a recliner sofa at sales price end up was told that the next available delivery date is 6-8weeks time.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #3312

Amex, u got a pm.. urgent!
Old 04-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #3313

Amex, u got a pm.. urgent!
orh.. replied liao... My house going to finish reno in 1-2weeks time.. grab him before too late.. lol..
Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #3314

Yes exactly la.. sigh.. hope I can move in by nov.. by this week will confirm one ID.. they said my renovation can finish in 4-6 weeks.. Reno loan only will take 3 weeks additional to settle
try not to get psycho by the ID to put deposit... some ID really very pushy to make u put deposit and sign agreement.. careful ah.. and good luck on your RENO!
Old 04-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #3315

try not to get psycho by the ID to put deposit... some ID really very pushy to make u put deposit and sign agreement.. careful ah.. and good luck on your RENO!
My id told me to find others if we find her too expensive.. she quoted me 8k - 9k for 20ft kitchen..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.