HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #3481

My cousin got all her furniture from Taobao... She asked her China colleague to help her order... I think its really worth the $$$...

Im planning to have dark blue cabinets with white quartz.. If those marble-inspired quartz are not too ex, then it would be awesome...

Omg i love tht cabinet. But super expensive lor. Have to top up another 1.5k for tht type of wood. Blergh
LynR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 08:02 AM   #3482

Pls do update if furniture from Taobao is good or not. Im quite skeptical abt it since its super cheap.
I'm not ordering any furnitures from Taobao cos I simply dunno how to hahahaha... But my cousin's dining table, chairs and sofa still seems to be in good condition after a year plus...

If you have the time, do read up reno blogs.. These bloggers will usually share the supplier links... But on arranging forwarder portion, im really not so sure...
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #3483

anyone taking white quartz for their kitchen tops? i love the look but being malay, I can never run far from turmeric, soya sauce and curry hahahaahha hooooooooooooow
My current flat is white quartz. It's very pretty, but the hassle of cleaning up and seeing the stains.... drives me crazy
Monday21 likes this.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #3484

I already signed with cozyspace. Price not bad. U cn check their fbpage.
Thanks for the information. I'm still waiting for HDB to revert to me with regards to the flooring issue. Just wanna pester them until I reach the highest level
Old 17-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #3485

hahahaha i youtube-d so many stain tests on quartz. I like the patterns of granite but seems leceh leh... They say need to seal every few years cos granite is porous. I'm so envious of its ability to withstand high heat unlike quartz. my cousin is using kompac plus and she loves it...

i like those marble-inspired quartz... so pretty!!!

@zidmosby you very daring man... i dont dare to take white cos i scared i myself will dirty the cabinet doors hahahahaha

@semblady i thought of black too but haiyaaaaaaaaah my soul is screaming for white!!!! hahahahah im not really worried bout my kids dirtying the kithen tops... im more worried about my husband... he cook like champion but when it comes to cleaning up.............

anyway i saw on fb bout some epoxy painting service. Apparently they lay epoxy on your countertops to make it stainproof... but it's so ex!!! prices start from 1.5k onwards....
I love white too, but totally regretted after using it for 6 years. For new house, I just want some shade close to grey. Then the stains won't be too visible.

my current house before moving in 6 years ago

Old 17-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #3486

im not using hood for the time being... i want a chimney hood but cos of tight budget, im completing those must-haves for now...

My cousin got me a new hob from her fren who works as an EC contractor... Most owners dont want what the EC offer them so they throw out the stuff...

Furniture wise, im using whatever i have now... Maybe just polish the wood or varnish to make them look nicer... Once move in already can slowly save money for more stuff... The only first hand thing i need to buy is bunk beds for the kids which im planning to buy from ikea and sink plus tap for the kitchen...
I plan to make a custom bunk bed for them if budget allows. Looks like this but take about the cabinet for the bottom bed, they need space to stretch.

but if no budget, then I will just get a metal bunk bed from forty-two
Old 17-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #3487

I'm not ordering any furnitures from Taobao cos I simply dunno how to hahahaha... But my cousin's dining table, chairs and sofa still seems to be in good condition after a year plus...

If you have the time, do read up reno blogs.. These bloggers will usually share the supplier links... But on arranging forwarder portion, im really not so sure...
I can help.... I love to buy things from Taobao and ship via Ezbuy. What you do is searching for the items you like from Taobao then copy and paste the links at Ezbuy website and buy under buy-for-me. I used to have the Prime membership from Ezbuy, not renewing now. Cos the price for the same item at the same store, for example

Buy-for-me : around $1 (you will have to calculate the shipping cost). For bunky items, shipping under seafreight then arrange direct delivery with some charges applies.
EzBuy or Prime will cost me around $2 (shipping rates also the same under Ezbuy but if you have Prime membership, you will only have to pay $2.99 per orders (as many as you can combine). Please ensure that you compare the price using Buy-For-Me service and Ezbuy service.
All shipping charges can be seen on EzBuy website.

I does this quite often cos I buy things for my company from bubble wrap to CNY stuffs. For myself too. You may take a look at some items below and comments too

We bought these metal bed frames from Taobao and shipped via EzBuy Prime membership 1 and a half year ago. Very easy to fix cos it's all about screws and nuts. So far to good. No complains at all. They used to sleep on the floor and we found too dusty for them. So decided to buy these beds for them. The bed sheets also from Taobao. Very good material the only problem is they dun sell bolster case. Good buy. But realized that forty-two also selling these type of bed frames, kinda cheap too.

Item 2. Bought this TV cabinet from Taobao via EzBuy Prime too. I don't have confident buying wood item from them again cos fix can be a real issue. We don't have the right tools at that time (must use electric tools). Spend whole day fixing it and the doors couldn't not close properly. Lasted for a year and change to Ikea Metal cabinets. Combined 3 together and make it into a TV console. Cheap and good. The girls keep their school books inside. No need to fight

Old 17-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #3488

anyone taking white quartz for their kitchen tops? i love the look but being malay, I can never run far from turmeric, soya sauce and curry hahahaahha hooooooooooooow
I took creamy color for table top

Lol babe. My Husband also when he cooks... 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I like to clean. As he spills, I keep wiping. Just that too much smoke when he cooks so sometimes I can’t stand beside while he cooks👺😪

I was thinking of Tiffany blue with white tops. And TOP cabinets all white.
He wants blue.
So I may choose blue with blue quartz if they have it. Today I will check out
Then update what I eventually chose 🤣

Where u all buying oven, fridge, washing machine?

I have yet to check our furniture

And any nice places for Victorian kinda design sofa but at cheap price?😬😬😬
Washing/fridge/tv i bought from harvey.. that time got LG bundle.. so i took back total $250 grocery voucher + tefal food steamer + digital antenna. Dont forget to ask for "bundle price"

Pls do update if furniture from Taobao is good or not. Im quite skeptical abt it since its super cheap.
Taobao..... now dont know how long can deliver liao.. typhoon...
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #3489

U all can check out HipVan also got nice furniture. Coming weekend onwards gonna go see furniture shops.

Yes I want tabletop white but Husband won’t let sucks
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #3490

U all can check out HipVan also got nice furniture. Coming weekend onwards gonna go see furniture shops.

Yes I want tabletop white but Husband won’t let sucks

Omg talking about reno n furnitures makes me excited. Then go in hdb site n check still no date to collect keys. Sian lah like this.
LynR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #3491

Omg i love tht cabinet. But super expensive lor. Have to top up another 1.5k for tht type of wood. Blergh
what wood exactly is this?
Old 17-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #3492

Lol babe I understand.. hehe. I was excited too before collecting keys. After collecting took me 2-3 weeks to get excited again for Reno & furniture dunno why 😪😪😪

Omg talking about reno n furnitures makes me excited. Then go in hdb site n check still no date to collect keys. Sian lah like this.
Monday21 likes this.
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #3493

Lol babe I understand.. hehe. I was excited too before collecting keys. After collecting took me 2-3 weeks to get excited again for Reno & furniture dunno why 😪😪😪
hahahahhaah same here!!
Old 17-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #3494

hahahahhaah same here!!
hahah then after reno you will be excited to start cleaning and funiture + electrical appliances coming in..

i'm at the last stage already.. excited to move in Tomorrow!!
Erinlmh, heybuddy and Monday21 like this.
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #3495

hahah then after reno you will be excited to start cleaning and funiture + electrical appliances coming in..

i'm at the last stage already.. excited to move in Tomorrow!!
Congratulations 🎊 😉
haogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.