HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #3556

I open my doors today, oh my god, 4 room so small.. Then I am stunned like vegetable when I knock on the walls.. Sounds like partitions.. Inside hollow, now have to think where to drill my TV holder and wall mount racks.. Really face palm..
LOL welcome to bto

Congrats though! Yes, those that are non load bearing walls will be partition walls. I had a nippon painter come over and they recommended paint a sealant layer before normal paint color to help make the wall more "sturdy". Not that expensive if I recall correctly; especially if you take the paint package with them.

I had a foreigner colleague was questioning me why I need to do flooring. I told her how to move in with raw cement on the ground. She was stunned when she discovered we're in lifetime debt for a non-functioning space
Erinlmh and Monday21 like this.
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #3557

I open my doors today, oh my god, 4 room so small.. Then I am stunned like vegetable when I knock on the walls.. Sounds like partitions.. Inside hollow, now have to think where to drill my TV holder and wall mount racks.. Really face palm..
My nephew was playing around with a trolley and crashed into an edge of my bomb shelter. The crash was soft but was enough to chip off my wall. This is really scary man..
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #3558

My nephew was playing around with a trolley and crashed into an edge of my bomb shelter. The crash was soft but was enough to chip off my wall. This is really scary man..
be careful of the vacuum cleaner too.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #3559

be careful of the vacuum cleaner too.
i guess we got to treat our house like an infant.. with tender loving care..

just heard from my id that end of oct can handover .. finally!!
Monday21 likes this.
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:00 AM   #3560

LOL welcome to bto

Congrats though! Yes, those that are non load bearing walls will be partition walls. I had a nippon painter come over and they recommended paint a sealant layer before normal paint color to help make the wall more "sturdy". Not that expensive if I recall correctly; especially if you take the paint package with them.

I had a foreigner colleague was questioning me why I need to do flooring. I told her how to move in with raw cement on the ground. She was stunned when she discovered we're in lifetime debt for a non-functioning space

Lol.. I painting myself.. Brought sealants and paint from Nippon.. Think most likely I paint 2 coats of sealants and see if the wall is more sturdy.. Haha.. My concern, will the stupid dry wall break or studs kanna ripped off if I put heavy staff on the rack on the wall and if next time my relative cames stay, what we talk in one bedroom, I think they can hear.. My mum so angry with the walls, she wants to go hdb and complain.. Haha..

My flat got flooring, but I wonder why the previous selector didn't opt for bedroom door, toilet door, toilet basin.. Now my dad looking for his old Reno friends to help put in DIY my house..
viccom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 12:03 AM   #3561

Wonder will the new bto stay strong if we experience earthquake from Indonesia if their earthquake are strong..
Monday21 likes this.
Old 29-09-2018, 03:47 AM   #3562

Congrats!! So excited to see everybody moving in soon and of cuz some moved in already. Im waiting for my HLE results now. My neck very long already waiting for key collections date.

Last edited by LynR52; 29-09-2018 at 11:50 AM..
LynR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #3563
High Supremacy Member

Jun Contractor returned my call just now. He verbally quoted me at $960 for whole house window grille plus service yard windows.
So ex..

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT
Laoyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #3564

I found a defect which I need hdb to rectify, how should I go about it? My 7 days ends on this coming Tuesday..
Old 01-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #3565

I found a defect which I need hdb to rectify, how should I go about it? My 7 days ends on this coming Tuesday..
You submit before 7 days is fine. I asked my BSC; they say after 7 days also no issue but importantly is to be done before renovation starts.
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #3566

please share with us the window grille reviews after you had installed them. Thanks ya
I just installed the window grills I bought. Not hard to install, just need to turn a few screws with Alan key (all provided). However, the hook part need to customised to 6mm as our window grill frame quite thick. Need a bit of strength also but I female was able to install myself too. Total cost S$300 including shipping for living room and 3 bedroom. I tried pulling and pushing out and also hit with my palm. Can sustained with no problem. No dent etc.
Erinlmh likes this.
Sticker1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #3567

Congrats!! So excited to see everybody moving in soon and of cuz some moved in already. Im waiting for my HLE results now. My neck very long already waiting for key collections date.
Same same.. Waiting for key collection but so far no news 😨
123Agi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #3568

Hi, I had just gotten my keys and would like to check if HDB still does screeding?
lengish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #3569

Hi, I had just gotten my keys and would like to check if HDB still does screeding?
Hi! Congrats on your new home! You may proceed to your area HDB Branch to submit for an appeal. Goodluck!
Nur.Azie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #3570

Hi! Congrats on your new home! You may proceed to your area HDB Branch to submit for an appeal. Goodluck!
Thanks thanks! May I check how long will the appeal takes?
lengish is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.