November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #3571

Cement screeding carried out today for my unit. Here's my timeline:

- Appeal on 4 Sep
- Appeal approved on 6 Sep
- HDB contractor informed ready to start work on 24 Sep

I wanted to do last week but I had to do hacking first so delayed by one week. Top up needed $800
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #3572

Cement screeding carried out today for my unit. Here's my timeline:

- Appeal on 4 Sep
- Appeal approved on 6 Sep
- HDB contractor informed ready to start work on 24 Sep

I wanted to do last week but I had to do hacking first so delayed by one week. Top up needed $800
Thank you for your reply!

As i just collected my keys and went to check with HDB branch office. I was told that West Rock - Bukit Batok, they are not providing screeding! OMG.

Any help on how to write appeal letter?
lengish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #3573

As i just collected my keys and went to check with HDB branch office. I was told that West Rock - Bukit Batok, they are not providing screeding! OMG.

HDB officially did stop cement screeding in 2014. What I heard from hdb approved contractors was that it is still carried out based on demand.

So for example, if the particular project has more than 30-40 new tenants scheduled to move in, HDB will carry out the free cement screeding. If you’re the last few person to move in to the building, then they will reject you.

I’m not sure if your project is completed yet since West Rock was only launched in 2015. But the other “rule” to take note of is that buildings built before October 2014 will more favorable in the appeal. My project was just nice launched in July 2014 and I’m quite sure this played a major part in why I managed to get the free cement screeding.

There is no appeal letter to write. When you collect your keys, just ask the hdb officer if your estate is still eligible or not. If not, bundle it with your flooring vendor. It should. Cost around $2000 for 4 room.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:03 AM   #3574

Anyone knows where to get fridge, washing machine, oven at the best / cheapest price? Thanks
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #3575

Anyone knows where to get fridge, washing machine, oven at the best / cheapest price? Thanks
Audiohouse, they will match the cheapest price outside. And throw in discount during roadshows.
Sticker1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:50 PM   #3576

Seeing MP will help?
Let us know on your outcome.
Celery02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #3577

I had already checked with HDB liao and seems like they are not going to assist. Their reply as follow:-

'We empathise with your situation but we are unable to accede to your request for the smooth floor rendering as HDB had announced that we had ceased the provision of goodwill smooth floor rendering (SFR) service for all new flats with effect from 1 Oct 2014 and also contracts which Sales Launch from Sep 2014 BTO. Flats in West Rock Precinct do not qualify for smooth floor rendering.

As you have booked the flat on Nov 2017, which is after the date of announcement, hence we are unable to provide smooth floor rendering to your flat. The flat owners in West Rock precinct will not qualify for smooth floor rendering to their flats.

Therefore, owners would require to engage their own renovation contractors if they intend to carry out smooth floor rendering on the floor or lay floor finishes.'

I think see MP also will not help anymore because HDB putting a stop to it. West Rock happen to be after 2015 BTO some more.

At the same time, can i check if the renovation cost below is expensive?

Cement screening $2300
Vinyl flooring $4750
Shower kerb and kitchen base $600
Plumbing $500

Carpentry include the following @ total $10K
Kitchen cabinet
Wardrobe (Master Bedroom and 2 Common Room)
Platform

Total at $18,150.

Thank you!
lengish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #3578

Yo YO how is everyone here.. been MIA for quite sometimes... everyone should got their keys and midst of reno-ing now??
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #3579

I had already checked with HDB liao and seems like they are not going to assist. Their reply as follow:-

'We empathise with your situation but we are unable to accede to your request for the smooth floor rendering as HDB had announced that we had ceased the provision of goodwill smooth floor rendering (SFR) service for all new flats with effect from 1 Oct 2014 and also contracts which Sales Launch from Sep 2014 BTO. Flats in West Rock Precinct do not qualify for smooth floor rendering.

As you have booked the flat on Nov 2017, which is after the date of announcement, hence we are unable to provide smooth floor rendering to your flat. The flat owners in West Rock precinct will not qualify for smooth floor rendering to their flats.

Therefore, owners would require to engage their own renovation contractors if they intend to carry out smooth floor rendering on the floor or lay floor finishes.'

I think see MP also will not help anymore because HDB putting a stop to it. West Rock happen to be after 2015 BTO some more.

At the same time, can i check if the renovation cost below is expensive?

Cement screening $2300
Vinyl flooring $4750
Shower kerb and kitchen base $600
Plumbing $500

Carpentry include the following @ total $10K
Kitchen cabinet
Wardrobe (Master Bedroom and 2 Common Room)
Platform

Total at $18,150.

Thank you!
I think your vinyl is quite expensive personally. But it depends if you overlay the whole house or this is only for bedroom+walkway. I got mine for $2800, Swiss brand.

Cement screeding between $2000-$2500 though after intensive search, I manage to find one who quoted $1850 (while waiting for HDB appeal outcome).

I think the rest all more or less standard price. Carpentry will cost a bomb but it's always good to shop around. If your requirements are more or less fixed, send the same list to different IDs to get a better comparison.

Be sure to remember these are excluding lighting installation and expect around $1000-$2000 more on top of what has been quoted.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #3580

Where is the best place to get fridge/ washing machine/ oven/ heater / sofa all under one roof?
Best card to use to buy furniture with good rebates? Thanks ..
Old 11-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #3581

Where is the best place to get fridge/ washing machine/ oven/ heater / sofa all under one roof?
Best card to use to buy furniture with good rebates? Thanks ..
I got my bundle deal (TV,washing,fridge) from Harvey in any Fraser mall where they have event like spend $150 get $10 voucher mall.. so everyday u just go down pay very minimum and get $10 voucher till ur item deliver. with cash rebates credit card + sign new card with min spend get free luggage.

Aircon - Gain city (fraser mall too)

Sofa/Dining - i bought from NOVENA (sungei kadut)

Heater - JB
Old 11-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #3582

Heater roughly cost how much? Wah Jb. Any good shop? I need for 2 toilets

Which cc best to sign up for furniture ? Hmmm
I will go check out Harvey Norman

I got my bundle deal (TV,washing,fridge) from Harvey in any Fraser mall where they have event like spend $150 get $10 voucher mall.. so everyday u just go down pay very minimum and get $10 voucher till ur item deliver. with cash rebates credit card + sign new card with min spend get free luggage.

Aircon - Gain city (fraser mall too)

Sofa/Dining - i bought from NOVENA (sungei kadut)

Heater - JB
Old 12-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #3583

I bought the panasonic newest model(digital) @ RM 610 (jet pump) https://www.panasonic.com/my/consume...h-3ndp1ms.html
You can purchase at YES Electric or Tampoi(lighting shop)

If not SG one now got sell those comes with rain shower set.. but i think not cheap.. prob 300+ SGD.

I use the Maybank one cos got 1.6% cashback no cap. CIMB/HSBC/Standchart/Amex i think also quite ok got 1.5%.
CIMB - min600 get $80 cashback
The rest get luggage.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #3584

Not really support and trust m'sia stuff... cheap is cheap but troublesome during import and not reliable also.... 便宜没好货😅😅😅
Weeli85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #3585

Not really support and trust m'sia stuff... cheap is cheap but troublesome during import and not reliable also.... 便宜没好货😅😅😅
hahaha.. can giv me use 4-5years i'm happy already.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.