HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #526

If I were to select a unit in a block thatís already built with ppl living in it, roughly how long later will I be issued with the key after unit selection?
Slinky85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #527

After 1 BTO and 4 SoBF applications as a first timer, I finally got a number within the units available. 87/191 4 Room Yishun. Hopefully there's decent high rise ones for me by the time its the selection day.
Apricot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #528

anyway mine is 73 / 52 units , selection starts april .. i think within a mth of selection can know whether have units for me already right .. hate the wait and feb bto launch doesnt interest me
sapherix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:48 AM   #529

Awesome and congrats Benzene! That makes us immediate neighbours in a few years time. Iím sure that place is love at first sight for you.
I got a feeling it will be ready by end of this year or early next yr.
Block 79 is already very high up.
benzene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #530

My thought was that if unit available is 100. 95 for first timer 5 unit for 2nd timer .

Then they randomly select 300 people out of all the application. 285 will be first timer, 15 will be second timer.

This 285+15 will then go thru the second round of random q no allocation. Where 95 first timer and 5 second timer will be allocated Q 1 to 100 . Then the remaining first timer and 2nd timer will be assigned to Q 101 to 300.

But maybe I m wrong. Hopefully someone from HDB can explain.
That is quite interesting to look at it, thanks @thepoorone and @sapherix.

I had gone for 2016 SBF and my number was very much out of the available units. Surprisingly got called for an appointment and I saw that the last served unit was 92 and bear in mind I was in the 500 range.

So, honestly don't know how this even works bcs I do not believe there is 408 drop outs or so right? I guess it just boils down to your luck. Some hit and win, some hit and miss.

Last edited by zidmosby; 04-02-2018 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: mistake in number
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #531

anyway mine is 73 / 52 units , selection starts april .. i think within a mth of selection can know whether have units for me already right .. hate the wait and feb bto launch doesnt interest me
Actually now BTO quite appealing bcs most will be ready 1-2 years, almost the same as some SBF units. Maybe can consider la because playing this lottery game gets very exhausting at some point of time.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #532

I had gone for 2016 SBF and my number was very much out of the available units. Surprisingly got called for an appointment and I saw that the last served unit was 92 and bear in mind I was in the 500 range.

So, honestly don't know how this even works bcs I do not believe there is 408 drop outs or so right? I guess it just boils down to your luck. Some hit and win, some hit and miss.
hi mind sharing which area was it but ya the dropout rate is unusually high
sapherix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #533

Is that anyway to expedite the selection of flat? 4 mths waiting is quite a long period
Weeli85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #534

Omg if this is true, you are giving me (a last few queue number person) hope! Hahahaha

Old 04-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #535

Is that anyway to expedite the selection of flat? 4 mths waiting is quite a long period
Ummm.. Don't think you can change organisation planning? Just need to wait out whether you like or not lor, like the rest of us
Old 04-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #536

If I got a number that is out of range, will I be informed when the selection exercise for my area has ended?

If not like wait and wait don't know if still have chance or not
standing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #537

Ummm.. Don't think you can change organisation planning? Just need to wait out whether you like or not lor, like the rest of us
Funny is buying resale is only 2 mths to collect the key due to family with kid, but for SBF with kid cannot expedite.. tml try to call the officer see how they can help
Weeli85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #538

If I got a number that is out of range, will I be informed when the selection exercise for my area has ended?

If not like wait and wait don't know if still have chance or not
yes, they will notify u if ethnic quota filled or not more flat available
The Poor One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #539

@zidmosby, could it be due to ethnic quota issue?
The Poor One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #540

Funny is buying resale is only 2 mths to collect the key due to family with kid, but for SBF with kid cannot expedite.. tml try to call the officer see how they can help
The MCPS is to increase your chances of getting a number, but it does not help expedite HDB's process or lets you have priority in moving in. Of course if your number is good, you'll be one of the first few to select once they have started the appointment process and that helps you move in quicker if you choose the flat with ready keys.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.