HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #106
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah.. 2nd timer 0% so heartless lo. 5% also very kelian liao leh hahaha
last SOBF, I never even get ticket. some more stay within my parents residence. I wonder which 5% got it. make my blood boil!

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/MacHaniff[/url]
flea_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #107
Supremacy Member

If they don't charge higher, people will take the first phase of BTO for granted. Why apply for BTO when sobf is the same? Other than getting better units, there's no other benefits. Hence the price difference as well.
are u saying the good units are snatched up during BTO so pple should be charged during SBF for the leftover undesirable ones?

Last edited by busterkid; 15-11-2017 at 06:21 PM..
busterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #108

Hahaha i know how u feel... when it was my turn i also felt that second timers should be allocated 0% hahaha

last SOBF, I never even get ticket. some more stay within my parents residence. I wonder which 5% got it. make my blood boil!
CherryBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #109

are u saying the good units are snatched up during BTO so pple should be charged during SBF for the leftover undesirable ones?
no he isn't saying that. people who buy at launch are locked in, opportunity cost is there without getting the flat immediately, hence the price is lower. there are also risks that is involved in buying a flat early in advance, especially with stringent conditions that come with HDB flats.

HDB or developers are not charging a premium for leftover units, they are charging you for the time that you "save" waiting for a new flat. if 2 flats of the same quality and location costs $500k, one is available now and one is available 3 years later, which will you choose (assuming that you can move in right away)? my guess is most people would choose the immediately available one, and developers (including HDB) have priced their flats to match this demand.
duameatball likes this.
gigglygrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #110

hahah! i have been boiling lots of blood already. MCPS doesn't guarantee anything
Leebe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #111

Apply SOBF is like buy lottery
No need put too much hope due to low chances

If tio happy loh if never then move on
Leebe- likes this.
tivo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 07:05 AM   #112

Are there different levels for rate of chances for the various priority schemes? For example, if u under PPS, chances are higher, or are these schemes lumped together with no difference?
bmboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #113

5% is really insanely low for second timers who need to upgrade due to kids.
putumayam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #114
Arch-Supremacy Member

If that isn't good enough, you'll see the same unit appear over a few rounds of SBF. That'll make you vaporize .
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #115
Honorary Member

very hard to tio siol
Old 16-11-2017, 08:50 PM   #116

No harm to try, as long as you try, there is a chance.

We oso first time apply for the SBF May 2017 K/W, we only have choice units abt 20 yet our Q is 50+, we thought we sure cannot get it, in the end, we still make it.

So dun give up hope, so long as you try, there is still a possibility.

Jia You and All the best !
mssynice168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #117
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone knows if the queenstown 4 rooms are they also put up during the May 2017 SBF exercise? i saw some familiar ones.
Old 17-11-2017, 02:39 AM   #118

anyone knows if the queenstown 4 rooms are they also put up during the May 2017 SBF exercise? i saw some familiar ones.
I have a HLE applied in August which will expire in January 2018

Since the result will only be out in Feb 2018 will I need to apply for a new HLE in Feb 2018 ?

If yes , then the max loan is base on my HLE loan amount during application or at the point of flat booking ?
Old 17-11-2017, 06:58 AM   #119

No need to apply in feb... best is to apply only when u know the dates for ur selection.. ur hle needs to be valid until key collection.
Apply 3 weeks before unit selection, more than enough time, unless u wan to appeal for more then a bit more time will be better.
Since it’s gona be a new application, ur loan amount will be based on the documents u have provided for the new application.
U need to have a valid hle when booking ur flat.

I have a HLE applied in August which will expire in January 2018

Since the result will only be out in Feb 2018 will I need to apply for a new HLE in Feb 2018 ?

If yes , then the max loan is base on my HLE loan amount during application or at the point of flat booking ?
CherryBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #120

No need to apply in feb... best is to apply only when u know the dates for ur selection.. ur hle needs to be valid until key collection.
Apply 3 weeks before unit selection, more than enough time, unless u wan to appeal for more then a bit more time will be better.
Since itís gona be a new application, ur loan amount will be based on the documents u have provided for the new application.
U need to have a valid hle when booking ur flat.
Alright thanks for the info
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.