November 2017 SBF

Apricot

Reaction score
i dont understand why ppl ballot and gives up their chance if their dream unit is taken...its like they are balloting to get their dream home..

this is so unfair to the ppl who desperately in need of a house...
i had frds that balloted so many times never get a Q number with range

I think you are referring to me and maybe I can explain my stand.
Not everyone who ballot under sobf is desperate for a unit and everyone has the right to decide how they want their ballot chance to be used. I’ve balloted 4 times without a queue number prior to this exercise and I do understand the frustration.

However, having stayed in this estate for my SO and my entire lifetime, there’s definitely a reason why the remaining units doesn’t appeal to us, thus giving up our chance.

semblady123

Reaction score
Lol... thanks.. but then i balloted yishun.. but the area i wanted all like gonna take up soon.. so i can only pray..

Try to have a backup list..go for a few site visits.. what u didn't like earlier u may end up liking during ur site visit... go during day as well as night...:)

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont understand why ppl ballot and gives up their chance if their dream unit is taken...its like they are balloting to get their dream home..

not trying to be rude but just curious

are u 70%?

genovian

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind reply .
Despite being sick I went site visit again justnnow and first time passed by sun Breeze
Looked so bright there but didn’t enter there cos scared to get confused again hehe
Sun natura is good enough for now I Guess

Hey semblady the other day I went walk walk at Sun Natura which is the estate you mention opposite the MRT track.. Discover the walking path from the car park entrance between Natura and Breeze got direct path to Ark@Gambas.. Level 1 got one canteen.... So it's not as bad as I thought. Although I don't know when the shops gonna open, at least the industrial factory still got canteen so you guys can still go there buy food.. But it's not open on weekend though. :o

genovian

Reaction score
Lol... thanks.. but then i balloted yishun.. but the area i wanted all like gonna take up soon.. so i can only pray..

Hi bro, I think you same as my cousin. He's also balloting yishun and he 14X.. Aiming the ring road area but he tell me no chance liao. Same feeling? He has to get a house soon as his newborn coming out year end or next year early Jan and the baby's ah ma (my aunt) is nagging for them to have their own house...

ylk0427

Reaction score
Hi bro, I think you same as my cousin. He's also balloting yishun and he 14X.. Aiming the ring road area but he tell me no chance liao. Same feeling? He has to get a house soon as his newborn coming out year end or next year early Jan and the baby's ah ma (my aunt) is nagging for them to have their own house...
3room or 4room ?

semblady123

Reaction score
Wow cool la. I didn’t know got through road to Ark. nice
Also they will open Fairprice and eating place in between 362A and 363A
The small building there.. so that area not bad also will develop well soon..
Just that sun natura is more spacious than Breeze
But Breeze is brighter at night cos of the park lights
But soon thy gonna open park in front of 362A also ..

Hey semblady the other day I went walk walk at Sun Natura which is the estate you mention opposite the MRT track.. Discover the walking path from the car park entrance between Natura and Breeze got direct path to Ark@Gambas.. Level 1 got one canteen.... So it's not as bad as I thought. Although I don't know when the shops gonna open, at least the industrial factory still got canteen so you guys can still go there buy food.. But it's not open on weekend though. :o

semblady123

Reaction score
Hi all
For FF flats I know it’s floor finish
But it’s the finish that the previous owner selected during their flat selection is it?
We can only check the floor once we got the keys right ?

talberry

Reaction score
Hi all
But it’s the finish that the previous owner selected during their flat selection is it?

Yes, that's right. Its the one selected by the previous owner. And ya, will only be able to check once you get your keys :)

Did the unit you chose have floor finish already?

Regretus

Reaction score
Hi all

I think someone mentioned before in another thread that you can check when booking with the officer. I'm not sure though, the units that were offered in RoF didn't come with any OCS components.

semblady123

Reaction score
Oh I seee....
Cos our exercise also I saw some units had FF some had OK some had OF or something like that.
Just happen the unit I booked is FF hehe
Just curious abt the design that’s all

I think someone mentioned before in another thread that you can check when booking with the officer. I'm not sure though, the units that were offered in RoF didn't come with any OCS components.

semblady123

Reaction score
Yeah
As I was aiming for unit beside mrt and had 2 units left for that and I chose the one of higher level and after booking I realised it had FF so I’m happy cos it’s like a bonus and I hope it’s some nice design hehe.. even if it’s not I will still keep it as a souvenir from the previous owner :))

I’m not so picky about the units just had one condition beside mrt cos morning taking a feeder bus to mrt always costs me another 20-30 mins extra travel time 😶😶😶

Yes, that's right. Its the one selected by the previous owner. And ya, will only be able to check once you get your keys :)

Did the unit you chose have floor finish already?

Amex^1234

Reaction score

Same feeling la.. my appointment next week @ que 8x i already feel no chance.. dont say que 14x.. lol..

semblady123

Reaction score
Same feeling la.. my appointment next week @ que 8x i already feel no chance.. dont say que 14x.. lol..

Don't give up. Miracles happen la.

Like my case it was so close to all Canberra units getting taken away...and I even prepared backup list for semb side.. end up some ppl dropout and some booked the other side... eventually I had 5 units to choose from for Canberra side itself on my selection day...

so u wont know what happens till the actual day.. so just keep calm and pray:D that's what I did

aoraki

Reaction score

I don't think its unfair. Given that everyone has equal chances of balloting, unless under special schemes. Besides, SBF doesn't cater to just people who are desperately in need of a house. It could be for people who doesn't want to wait too long for BTO & etc.

As for me i've given up in an exercise because the remaining units location were inaccessible for my grandparents thus i had to give up. There are many reasons why people give up their chance.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Don't give up. Miracles happen la.

Like my case it was so close to all Canberra units getting taken away...and I even prepared backup list for semb side.. end up some ppl dropout and some booked the other side... eventually I had 5 units to choose from for Canberra side itself on my selection day...

so u wont know what happens till the actual day.. so just keep calm and pray:D that's what I did

really is finger cross lo... anyway you go selection that day still need take number one anot ah? need go earlier than appointment timing?

semblady123

Reaction score
really is finger cross lo... anyway you go selection that day still need take number one anot ah? need go earlier than appointment timing?

Yes once u reach there for self-service kiosk scan IC/appointment letter take queue number.

Mine was 3rd one for the day for semb area. I went one hour earlier and took queue number wait.

BUT no matter how early u go, they only call ur queue number exactly at the appointment time they give you:s22:

So I assume if u r late.. u still have time to get queue ticket, till the next appointment time for the one who is next in the queue..of course.. once they called the next one in, u have to wait for 12pm or 4pm time slot to get called.

Whatever it is, go get a queue number as soon as u reach la

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Yes once u reach there for self-service kiosk scan IC/appointment letter take queue number.

Mine was 3rd one for the day for semb area. I went one hour earlier and took queue number wait.

BUT no matter how early u go, they only call ur queue number exactly at the appointment time they give you:s22:

So I assume if u r late.. u still have time to get queue ticket, till the next appointment time for the one who is next in the queue..of course.. once they called the next one in, u have to wait for 12pm or 4pm time slot to get called.

Whatever it is, go get a queue number as soon as u reach la

ohhh.thanks for the info.. like that dont need go so early lo.. i thought need go very early there to wait one.. lol...

talberry

Reaction score
Haha, I also went 1 hour earlier to wait XD
But if you go early, you can also go to the ya kun outside for a drink to calm yourself down. haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.