HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official May 2018 BTO

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #31

Not exactly true. Looking at URA's Master Plan, there are still good plots for HDB BTOs, namely:

Caldecott
Mount Pleasant
Dakota
Ghim Moh

I think projects at these locations might be rolled out within the next 3 years.
Caldecott -- expect in 2021 after the Caldecott TEL MRT interchange opens

Mount Pleasant a.k.a. Bukit Brown - first of all we don't even know if govt plan to build HDB there, that place is full of bungalows. Even if they build, it will be at least year 2030 since if they follow Bidadari cemetery they will exhume then wait 10 years before construction

Dakota - will probably see a few more launches soon.

Ghim Moh - no guarantee they will build BTO but if so earliest next year, since they just built finish Murnane pipeline and they are going to do Rail Corridor enhancement soon
Old 09-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #32

The TPY plot is so near the expressways. Won't it be noisy 18 hours a day?
For someone like me that had been staying directly beside TPE (Sengkang) for more than 15 years, the noise isn't really as bad as what other people think it is. I am on the 9th floor.
and nowadays a lot of people doesn't open the door or windows, so the noise level is even lower.

while my current place is quite deep in from the main road, but it is fully sheltered all the way from the Compassvale LRT station/bus stop which i think it is convenient because no need umbrella.

Looking at the Sengkang plot, it is still okay. although at the edge but still within walking distance to malls.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #33

my friend already put downpayment for EC, can she still submit BTO application or not?
Scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #34

My Guess is 15-18.. what others think? 540 units. My Guess is based on the plot I saw in street directory, it doesn’t look small. But is facing expressway!!! So near to it.
It could be higher. Cos beside it there's 2 room studio that is 25 floors tall (if not mistaken)
evelyn0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:55 PM   #35

How to check each areas connectivity? Is there any tool or website I can use for this info?

That's about right for both malls.

In Singapore's context, when people say bad to a BTO plot, it usually means bad public transport connectivity. For plots with MRT or LRT within walking distance, data shows that it's acceptable.

For this SengKang plot, it's really right at the edge of all those factors. However, prices will be pretty attractive judging from the past BTOs nearby.
lindseymin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #36

How to check each areas connectivity? Is there any tool or website I can use for this info?
There's this pretty cool website on the internet called Google Maps you can use...
gigglygrape and zidmosby like this.
catlover24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #37

aiyo catlover, I also know old fashion way = read map and determine. But thanks anyway.

I am actually asking if got any more advanced tool that will give statistical data analysis for each estates connectivity in comparison by ratio/rating to each other.

There's this pretty cool website on the internet called Google Maps you can use...

Last edited by lindseymin; 10-02-2018 at 11:30 AM..
lindseymin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #38

As someone who stays in the toa payoh region, the plot is pretty accessible to the mrt by a few buses. Hopefully the blocks are going to be high enough to filter out some noise. If u really want convenience to the city, this plot isn't too bad. (is there even any remaining land to build more btos in tpy? )

Tampines North is up and coming, and there are plans to turn that part of the estate into a commercial area. There are also going to be a few parks that will be built in that area. Not to mention that tampines have also been a hot place to stay for many!

The plot in SK is too far from any mrt station from the map by distance, but if u really like the NE region this isn't too bad. The yishun area is quite peaceful though, and hopefully there will be more buses serving that area and to punggol. Also if u love shopping, Northpoint is now the biggest mall in the North.
Your physics wrong. Noise travels upwards. Go to any flat next to the expressway and find out yourself.
catlover24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #39

The SK one not bad wat, near Jln Kayu prata place. Near Lower Seletar Res also. Pass by there before, gave off a peaceful vibe, that area.
Lots of aviation companies a short way north at Seletar, good for those working there.
Far from MRT? Take bus lor, MRT breakdown also not your problem alrdy, good old combustion engine
hairyfatboy likes this.

Last edited by Hot_Dog; 26-02-2018 at 12:19 PM..
Hot_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #40

The SK one not bad wat, near Jln Kayu prata place. Near Lower Seletar Res also. Pass by there before, gave off a peaceful vibe, that area.
Lots of aviation companies a short way north at Seletar, good for those working there.
Far from MRT? Take bus lor, MRT breakdown also not your problem alrdy, good old combustion engine
actually there is lrt and the timing is more predictable than bus.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 12:06 AM   #41

How many minutes is Fernvale LRT away from SK MRt ah?

And will the LRT be jammed once SengKang Hospital builds up? I forgot where the hospital is but the least i want is to fight with patients visiting the hospital on the LRT.

I personally love Tampines plot the best though. Tampines always gives me the good vibes.
Ieatonlycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

The tpy plot is shiat.

Good luck with 1000 cars on weekends coz of Temple. And it is not walkable to mrt.
jerichoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:59 AM   #43

wonder how the price will be. Tpy is still tpy. Hopefully it can be decently priced.
Ieatonlycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #44

Ya ard when will the prices be released ah?

wonder how the price will be. Tpy is still tpy. Hopefully it can be decently priced.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:05 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

When BTO is launched for application.
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.