HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official November 2018 BTO

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #31

Both Garden and Park would be much closer to town centre.. also worry that plantation being the first development for the area, you will definitely experience lack of amenities for quite so time.. but i may end up considering plantation since no idea when the other phases will launch

Last edited by footi3; 29-08-2018 at 06:14 PM..
footi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #32

Same here, aiming for plantation as I can't wait any longer. In addition to str8 road to CCK and BP where me & my gf stays. Some more near MRT.

But one qns is, why that small area has so many proposed church n petrol stations?
Yes there will be a straight road and future bus services so it’s pretty good location wise. The proposed churchs, temples and petrol stations are stated there so that people can’t complain in the future when they build those there. Most people don’t like to live near places of worship, columbarium and petro kiosks. End of the day only 1 or 2 will be built when they decide which is the most suitable
Milo Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #33

Usually for SBF the units offered is how many years ago BTO?
I saw the thread for SBF in May, seems like still have people not called up for selection..
mantou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #34

No. You can only choose on. If you going for bto and then apply for sbf, they will take sbf.
tough choice to make...
mantou27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #35

To be enveloped by two schools, most likely primary and secondary just next to the site...

Canberra estate is getting crowded, and it is not even 50% occupied yet with EastDelta and EastCreek still under construction.

3-4 bus stops to SBW or the future Canberra Mrt, with only one overwhelmed bus service in the area.

But it’s cheap, in fact the cheapest, so there’s a plus there.
I am wondering if the sembawang is walking to canberra mrt anot. haha
ottotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #36

I am wondering if the sembawang is walking to canberra mrt anot. haha
Still possible to walk, I would say around 20 mins?

It’s 3 bus stops away from the future Canberra MRT if you are taking 883.
Sainté is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #37

Still possible to walk, I would say around 20 mins?

It’s 3 bus stops away from the future Canberra MRT if you are taking 883.
I read somewhere 883 bus frequency is bad.
Old 31-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #38

I read somewhere 883 bus frequency is bad.
yes, really bad. sometimes need to wait more than 15mins during end work timing.
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #39

the best launch shud be tengah! maituliao!
Scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #40

To be enveloped by two schools, most likely primary and secondary just next to the site...

Canberra estate is getting crowded, and it is not even 50% occupied yet with EastDelta and EastCreek still under construction.

3-4 bus stops to SBW or the future Canberra Mrt, with only one overwhelmed bus service in the area.

But it’s cheap, in fact the cheapest, so there’s a plus there.
Means there are still areas for BTO if i miss this nov BTO? Because planning to BTO for Canberra but not so soon.
kaisennn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #41
Master Member

Tengah is supposedly car-lite right?

those with car jialat?
notical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #42

Means there are still areas for BTO if i miss this nov BTO? Because planning to BTO for Canberra but not so soon.
If u really like canberra u shld apply nov bto.. i think that area not bad.. got pri n sec sch build nearby.. if high floor.. consider quite unblock view i feel la
Old 02-09-2018, 02:09 AM   #43

Should have but not so soon since I don’t see any piling around here other than the Nov plot. I remember reading news article stating the land along Canberra Link will be public housing. (Edit: URA Masterplan indicates 3 more plots left, and 3 sites for educational institutions.)

I always recommend people to apply early. BTO need to wait 3-4 years anyway. And for unpopular sites like Sembawang, early birds are almost guaranteed high floors at cheap prices.

Once Canberra MRT is up and running next year, HDB will confirm plus chop increase the prices for future BTO.
Mr.Canberra likes this.

Last edited by Sainté; 02-09-2018 at 02:15 AM..
Old 02-09-2018, 02:17 AM   #44

If u really like canberra u shld apply nov bto.. i think that area not bad.. got pri n sec sch build nearby.. if high floor.. consider quite unblock view i feel la
Yeah the Nov plot got one side is facing the school, confirm unblocked with garden and longkang view also. If get high floor sure shiok, direction facing morning sun somemore.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:42 AM   #45

Yeah the Nov plot got one side is facing the school, confirm unblocked with garden and longkang view also. If get high floor sure shiok, direction facing morning sun somemore.
Hey bro what you think of the Nov Canberra launch as compared to the current Aug Yishun Glen launch? Can't decide between the two.

Ya Canberra MRT coming up but I went there to see, really very few amenities all residences around. But Yishun Glen near Junction 9 and 3 bus stops away to Northpoint City.
Eternit is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.