Official Punggol BTO Aug 2018 2-Room Unit

punggolbto

Reaction score
Received sms notification today for flat selection on 21 Feb. My queue number is 10XX.

Last queue number today for 2 room is 404.

:s13:

punggolbto

Reaction score
As of today, 895 offered, 633 available, last queue number 404.

895 - 633 = 262 selected so far

404 - 262 = 142 rejected so far

142/404 x 100 = 35% rejection rate

Last edited:

DarkAngel17

Reaction score
Received sms notification today for flat selection on 21 Feb. My queue number is 10XX.

Last queue number today for 2 room is 404.

:s13:

Same here..my appointment date is on 21 Feb.. just hope that can get the unit I want when is my turn.

punggolbto

Reaction score
"Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 2-room Flexi flat in Punggol under the August 2018 BTO exercise as at 24 January 2019 00459"

617 units available.

Last edited:

punggolbto

Reaction score
"Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 2-room Flexi flat in Punggol under the August 2018 BTO exercise as at 28 January 2019 00524".

575 units available out of 895.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like sea facing is still the most wanted after so many years, nice update.

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend got appointment for this project. Exceeded number but got appointment date.
I put down the units in a list to track.

What are your opinions on the roof gardens.
Avoiding those or don't mind.

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
Videos of 2-room showflats at HDB Hub level 3.

36 square feet metre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9vnqQebao

45 square feet metre:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=VafZoL-P8Is

I want to highlight that the show flats - punggol floor plan does not match it.
Cove: the toilet is accessible from living room.
Woods: toilet is accessible from kitchen n bed room.
Note that the household shelter placement is totally different. I've not seen floor plans for yishun or etc be like that. It's always in the middle of living room making the living room smaller.

Last edited:

punggolbto

Reaction score
Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 2-room Flexi flat in Punggol under the August 2018 BTO exercise as at 11 February 2019 00730

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do u know if you are likely to get a flat allocated? Anyone applied for August2018 bto and going for the Feb2019 bto too?

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious why ppl here chose to buy 2 rm bto over resale flat? Izzit due to big family too squeezing to stay in parent’s house? Those who bought 2 rm how much do you all earn?
Many ppl encourage singles to buy resale so that can rent out for passive income.
I actually quite like this 2 rm small space for self stay.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to highlight that the show flats - punggol floor plan does not match it.
Cove: the toilet is accessible from living room.
Woods: toilet is accessible from kitchen n bed room.
Note that the household shelter placement is totally different. I've not seen floor plans for yishun or etc be like that. It's always in the middle of living room making the living room smaller.
Access from living room is the smaller type.

punggolbto

Reaction score
Just curious why ppl here chose to buy 2 rm bto over resale flat? Izzit due to big family too squeezing to stay in parent’s house? Those who bought 2 rm how much do you all earn?
Many ppl encourage singles to buy resale so that can rent out for passive income.
I actually quite like this 2 rm small space for self stay.

One reason is cheaper to finance over the years. The price difference between BTO and resale can be very drastic depending on the location.

BTO is brand new 99 years, resale already have some "age" in them. Plus, if you don't like the internal decoration, may need to spend more money in renovation fees. Whereas for a BTO, you can have some control over the internal decoration and fixtures the first time round before it is even built - i.e. no need to tear down stuff and rebuild stuff again.

Just like buying anything, always buy within your financial means and don't over extend your finances. Else everyday worry about ability to pay mortgage for the rest of your life can be very depressing and stressful. What's the point of living in a big fancy house close to many amenities but under so much financial stress everyday? How is that adding to one's quality of life? :)

punggolbto

Reaction score
Last Queue Number invited for selection of a 2-room Flexi flat in Punggol under the August 2018 BTO exercise as at 15 February 2019 00907

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.