(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

mesmeriz3

Suspended
Reaction score
Foregoing on tengAh after much consideration as we wont be able to handle the construction noise and dust that will continue on for years around the tengah estate. Good luck to those bidding for tengah!

fotoudavid

Reaction score
Foregoing on tengAh after much consideration as we wont be able to handle the construction noise and dust that will continue on for years around the tengah estate. Good luck to those bidding for tengah!

First batch I 💭 is OK... Maybe wait for the central one.. Market place.

jameskuwe

Reaction score
Clementi, Commonwealth and Queenstown also have tens of thousands of units but there are also a few one million dollar flats sold there

TOPMAN89

Reaction score
My humble opinion,

The govt has all eyes on Tengah right now.
I've been living in cck for all my life.
Numerous efforts have been made to increase the prices of CCK flats.
At CCK, with a MRT, Lot 1 shoppers Mall, Int, Community Centre & Upcoming JRL line,
5 room units less than 500m away are just 500k plus.
Rental for 5 rooms are 2.1k for a nicely renovated unit.

1) If you realise, Tengah is surrounded by CCK, BB, Jurong,
CCK, BB, Jurong west have transacted the lowest 4 & 5 room flat in the resale market.
Due to Tengah's location, its prices will tend to be on the lower side.
Hence, the way I see it the prices for this very first BTO is set high to give it its "premium estate" aura so that prices do not continue to decline in the future.

2) Once the JRL line is up, it does not necessarily mean its convenient. Think about getting to the east, or even central. I have personally experienced the struggle for 27 years and its crazy. With the JRL line, it doesn't change a thing. The JRL is concentrated within the west. Unlike the other line which cuts across SG, JRL is pretty concentrated.

3) Yes Duxton is a HDB, but it is a DBSS project. I don't think we can compare the prices of any upcoming BTO to those. Most of the DBSS flats have good resale price : The peak at TPY, Bendemeer Light, etc. Due to the layout of the house and security benefits.

4) Look at Punggol, their resale prices have not picked till now. WHY? Not necessarily cause its in the outskirts. But cause there are still upcoming projects. As a buyer, would you buy a older (resale) unit or a brand new BTO. Anyone would go for a BTO unless they are in a hurry. This decrease the demand which in turn decreases the prices. Tengah's plans are for the next 20 years. Always do remember HDB saves the best plot for the last. When better plots are available, do you think a buyer will buy your flat at a high price?? By the time the demands steadily starts to increase, your flat being pioneer will be much older than surrounding flats and that's a turn off for buyers. New units built towards the Market place will be in demand compared to the Pioneer batch.

I was intending to use my last ballot chance on Tengah since I live within 4km of this project. Solely cause I saw in as an investment. I was expecting the price to be much lower, close to SRX predictions. However, with MND price, its nothing close to an investment for me. If you love the nature, it might be a good place for you to stay, but don't get this project in the hopes of an investment. Not the kind of project to flip.

PS for my Typos. I couldn't care less to check my post. As long as it benefits someone in a confused state or someone that has a misconception about this project I'm happy.

alalakam

Master Member
Reaction score
My humble opinion,

The govt has all eyes on Tengah right now.
I've been living in cck for all my life.
Numerous efforts have been made to increase the prices of CCK flats.
At CCK, with a MRT, Lot 1 shoppers Mall, Int, Community Centre & Upcoming JRL line,
5 room units less than 500m away are just 500k plus.
Rental for 5 rooms are 2.1k for a nicely renovated unit.

1) If you realise, Tengah is surrounded by CCK, BB, Jurong,
CCK, BB, Jurong west have transacted the lowest 4 & 5 room flat in the resale market.
Due to Tengah's location, its prices will tend to be on the lower side.
Hence, the way I see it the prices for this very first BTO is set high to give it its "premium estate" aura so that prices do not continue to decline in the future.

2) Once the JRL line is up, it does not necessarily mean its convenient. Think about getting to the east, or even central. I have personally experienced the struggle for 27 years and its crazy. With the JRL line, it doesn't change a thing. The JRL is concentrated within the west. Unlike the other line which cuts across SG, JRL is pretty concentrated.

3) Yes Duxton is a HDB, but it is a DBSS project. I don't think we can compare the prices of any upcoming BTO to those. Most of the DBSS flats have good resale price : The peak at TPY, Bendemeer Light, etc. Due to the layout of the house and security benefits.

4) Look at Punggol, their resale prices have not picked till now. WHY? Not necessarily cause its in the outskirts. But cause there are still upcoming projects. As a buyer, would you buy a older (resale) unit or a brand new BTO. Anyone would go for a BTO unless they are in a hurry. This decrease the demand which in turn decreases the prices. Tengah's plans are for the next 20 years. Always do remember HDB saves the best plot for the last. When better plots are available, do you think a buyer will buy your flat at a high price?? By the time the demands steadily starts to increase, your flat being pioneer will be much older than surrounding flats and that's a turn off for buyers. New units built towards the Market place will be in demand compared to the Pioneer batch.

I was intending to use my last ballot chance on Tengah since I live within 4km of this project. Solely cause I saw in as an investment. I was expecting the price to be much lower, close to SRX predictions. However, with MND price, its nothing close to an investment for me. If you love the nature, it might be a good place for you to stay, but don't get this project in the hopes of an investment. Not the kind of project to flip.

PS for my Typos. I couldn't care less to check my post. As long as it benefits someone in a confused state or someone that has a misconception about this project I'm happy.

Good read, thanks for the insight.. so where are u using ur last ballot chance for?

cashec

Reaction score
While BTO prices are still lower than resale prices, there have been clear moves by HDB to reduce this gap over the years, as evidenced by the slow increase of BTO prices over the past few years in spite of resale prices remaining constant. This readjustment might be more apparent in some towns (e.g. Yishun) as opposed to others such as Punggol.

Nevertheless, one thing is clear, BTO flat owners now stand to gain less when they sell their flats upon MOP, which means that buyers must be more discerning when they apply for a BTO flat in the first place, and consider carefully whether a given location suits them and their family as opposed to just looking to snap up a unit on the cheap (because it’s no longer that cheap).

From Aug BTO article. www.99.co/blog/singapore/bto-prices-aug-2018-hdb/amp/ I believe so for the higher BTO prices.

jameskuwe

Reaction score
Cck has at least 2 Dbss projects. One is next to Yew Tee MRT And the one is at 296-297. They are selling for around $400k. Relatively cheap

TOPMAN89

Reaction score
Good read, thanks for the insight.. so where are u using ur last ballot chance for?

I guess for now, I'm just waiting for something good to come by.
I strongly believe, the days of flipping (Pinnacle@Duxton) is over.
If you realise, there aren't any DBSS projects ahead.
Now its about EC as the profit margin for the land is higher.

However, in the recent years I feel like projects like Biddadari & Dawson projects were good. In terms of location, living and investment wise.
But the top of those projects are too soon for me :(

Any particular place you are looking at??

As for DBSS at Yew Tee, maybe 400K should be the smaller units I guess.
5 room should be atleast 600K plus as 5 rooms surrounding Yew Tee point demands (480k to 520K). They are relatively young too, probably about 25 years old.

jameskuwe

Reaction score
the cck dbss units are 1323sqf. selling ard $400k for low floor. the ones at yew tee are 1442sqf, going for around $450k

@Bill@710

Reaction score
the cck dbss units are 1323sqf. selling ard $400k for low floor. the ones at yew tee are 1442sqf, going for around $450k

That is bloody cheap 1442sqf is 134sqm..for 450k is a good deal..

Tengah 5 room I think is only 110sqm..

Leehom

Reaction score
My humble opinion on Tengah...

Location: geographically, Tengah is located 'near' to Jurong Lake District.

It is 'not too far away' from Jurong East, where the highly accessible MRT station, bus interchange and major shopping centres are (JEM, Westgate, IMM, Jcube).

Transport:
Accessibility via major expressways eg PIE, KJE is good. Those driving will find it convenient. The roads at Bukit Batok Road have widen over recent years, hopefully this will alleviate traffic bottlenecks.

The JRL is major pillar supporting transportation in Tengah. We need to wait 8 - 10 years for it to be ready (provided there's no delay).

'New' residents (at least over the next 8 years) at Tengah will have to find alternative transport in the meantime.
Public transport will be lacking as the current Plantation BTO is served by only 2 buses 180 & 160. 180 goes to Chinese Garden and Bukit Panjang MRT. 160 goes to Jurong East bus interchange, Bukit Panjang mrt, Kranji mrt.

A further 5 mins walk down bukit batok west allows residents to take bus 944 to Bukit Batok interchange. A further 10 mins walk gives option to take bus 991 to Bukit Gombak mrt and Bukit Batok Interchange. Note that the bus rides will take about 10 - 15 mins to reach Bukit Gombak or Bukit Batok Interchange.

I believe transport is one of the biggest concerns for us to think about before applying this BTO.

Amenities:
there is a small market and some shops across at Blk 440 West Ridges@bukit batok. Further down, Le Quest condominium offers Ntuc finest and eateries eg food court. Access to sports facilities require moving to bukit batok stadium. Public health care would be Bukit Batok Polyclinic. The nearest hospital is Ng Teng Fong Hospital at Jurong East.

Schools:
Princess Elizabeth Pri, Bukit Batok Sec, Dazhong Pri, Dunearn Sec are the nearest schools. Not sure about childcare facilities though.

Other inconveniences:
residents would need to bare with noise, dust and possible traffic delays with increasing construction over the years. Bukit Batok Road will be a major avenue for many construction materials to be transported to Tengah worksite.

Until the official launch and details comes out (could it be today?), I'm keeping an open mind about Tengah.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.