(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

iidi0ts

Reaction score
where to find page 10 for tengah flats ah?

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eap001.nsf/0/13NOVBTO_pdf_selection_1113/$file/WestRidges@BukitBatok.pdf

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where to find page 10 for tengah flats ah?

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eap001.nsf/0/13NOVBTO_pdf_selection_1113/$file/WestRidges@BukitBatok.pdf
need to wait till they open selection, about 2 months down the road maybe.

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My humble opinion on Tengah...

Location: geographically, Tengah is located 'near' to Jurong Lake District.

It is 'not too far away' from Jurong East, where the highly accessible MRT station, bus interchange and major shopping centres are (JEM, Westgate, IMM, Jcube).

Transport:
Accessibility via major expressways eg PIE, KJE is good. Those driving will find it convenient. The roads at Bukit Batok Road have widen over recent years, hopefully this will alleviate traffic bottlenecks.

The JRL is major pillar supporting transportation in Tengah. We need to wait 8 - 10 years for it to be ready (provided there's no delay).

'New' residents (at least over the next 8 years) at Tengah will have to find alternative transport in the meantime.
Public transport will be lacking as the current Plantation BTO is served by only 2 buses 180 & 160. 180 goes to Chinese Garden and Bukit Panjang MRT. 160 goes to Jurong East bus interchange, Bukit Panjang mrt, Kranji mrt.

A further 5 mins walk down bukit batok west allows residents to take bus 944 to Bukit Batok interchange. A further 10 mins walk gives option to take bus 991 to Bukit Gombak mrt and Bukit Batok Interchange. Note that the bus rides will take about 10 - 15 mins to reach Bukit Gombak or Bukit Batok Interchange.

I believe transport is one of the biggest concerns for us to think about before applying this BTO.

Amenities:
there is a small market and some shops across at Blk 440 West Ridges@bukit batok. Further down, Le Quest condominium offers Ntuc finest and eateries eg food court. Access to sports facilities require moving to bukit batok stadium. Public health care would be Bukit Batok Polyclinic. The nearest hospital is Ng Teng Fong Hospital at Jurong East.

Schools:
Princess Elizabeth Pri, Bukit Batok Sec, Dazhong Pri, Dunearn Sec are the nearest schools. Not sure about childcare facilities though.

Other inconveniences:
residents would need to bare with noise, dust and possible traffic delays with increasing construction over the years. Bukit Batok Road will be a major avenue for many construction materials to be transported to Tengah worksite.

Until the official launch and details comes out (could it be today?), I'm keeping an open mind about Tengah.
it is a town of the future.

autonomous buses will replace feeder bus, imagine a cheap uber-like minibus to the town centre instead of waiting 10 minutes for a crowded feeder. this "LRT" is literally at the doorstep and gets to CCK and JE in three stops.

the neighbourhood centre directly opposite Plantation Grove looks four or five storeys high, should meet daily shopping needs.

tg_photo10.png;wa9704acfffcf90d1b

eatingtunic

Reaction score
Apply for 3room 2nd timer. Will choose the lowest price unit, pump in all cpf & loan balance be about $60k if my calculations are correct. But as usual, wont get nice 2 digit q number...

bukseller

Reaction score
What will happened if Tengah BTO are fully booked? I am currently overseas and I can't gain access to Singpass. Any advice on that?

@Bill@710

Reaction score
What will happened if Tengah BTO are fully booked? I am currently overseas and I can't gain access to Singpass. Any advice on that?

Not first come first serve.. U got till 19 Nov to apply..

Yeah tengah bto is filling up..

bluesoundz

Reaction score
How come got ppl said only 4room got balcony? 5room don’t have? 4room guarantee have balcony?

bluesoundz

Reaction score
Just wondering why got ppl said only 4room have balcony, 5 room don’t have. Is depends on your q number see whether got chance to choose balcony unit not

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.