(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

culepico

Reaction score
I wonder how big is the balcony. You see the skyline project at bukit batok. The balcony design so weird. I want to put high chairs and table at the balcony to enjoy life like in a bar like that. If the balcony sqft is so small ah i think i put my husband sleep there can le. Hahaha..,

From the floor plan that I am given during my flat selection for 5-room balcony unit, the dimensions of the balcony is 3.2m x 0.9m. FYI a single bed's width is 0.91m. That's how narrow the balcony is lol...

WhiskYOLO

Reaction score
Booked my flat today and asked about the centralised cooling system. HDB staffs themselves do not have much info about it yet (pricing, how it works etc). What they know is that every unit in Tengah will be built with the capability of centralised cooling (it is not an opt-in option). You can then decide to either activate it or not during the collection of keys. The pricing and details will be corresponding to SP group, and not HDB themselves. Hence there is no need to decide whether you want the centralised cooling now and there are no extra charges to your unit if you want to activate this technology (unlike OCS) since all units are built with it. The only thing you need to pay are the electricity bills.

I see. Thank you very much!

WhiskYOLO

Reaction score
From the floor plan that I am given during my flat selection for 5-room balcony unit, the dimensions of the balcony is 3.2m x 0.9m. FYI a single bed's width is 0.91m. That's how narrow the balcony is lol...

Hahaha... you get high level or mid level?

culepico

Reaction score
Hahaha... you get high level or mid level?

I got block 119A level 7. Considered mid floor ba. The 2 balcony units in that block is quite popular I'm considered lucky to get 7th floor already. I think quite alot of ppl dropout even at this early stage, because only 34 units are booked before me even though my queue number is 48...

Mr.mrskyle

Reaction score
wondering if anyone knows what no. in the que it is for 4room now..even tho mine 4xx que no....seems like sooooo long to receive an appointment date ::s11: really hoping to score this time for a flat.

WhiskYOLO

Reaction score
I got block 119A level 7. Considered mid floor ba. The 2 balcony units in that block is quite popular I'm considered lucky to get 7th floor already. I think quite alot of ppl dropout even at this early stage, because only 34 units are booked before me even though my queue number is 48...

Blk 119A is also one of my ideal block. Good that you can get 7th floor. I want to get highest unit one so I can bbq on weekends hahahaa..

WhiskYOLO

Reaction score
wondering if anyone knows what no. in the que it is for 4room now..even tho mine 4xx que no....seems like sooooo long to receive an appointment date ::s11: really hoping to score this time for a flat.

Save money for resale if you can. My backup plan is to get resale also.

Mr.mrskyle

Reaction score
Save money for resale if you can. My backup plan is to get resale also.

that's my husband's initial plan, lol. but we are going back and forth with the debate of 'old house, new house' i want a new house(BTO) definitely haha. resale for now, cannot afford laa. 2-3 years, ok. haha

WhiskYOLO

Reaction score
that's my husband's initial plan, lol. but we are going back and forth with the debate of 'old house, new house' i want a new house(BTO) definitely haha. resale for now, cannot afford laa. 2-3 years, ok. haha

Yes definitely. You can look for old "new" flats like BTO flat already passed 5 years that kind. Dont have to be now la, save money lo. Unless you are urgently making baby hahaha.. else can wait abit. Anyway baby also need time to grow up. Consider abit at your end.

Mr.mrskyle

Reaction score
Yes definitely. You can look for old "new" flats like BTO flat already passed 5 years that kind. Dont have to be now la, save money lo. Unless you are urgently making baby hahaha.. else can wait abit. Anyway baby also need time to grow up. Consider abit at your end.

haha, TRUE! the 5 years kind of BTO also good. we have 2 kids.. and staying in HDB rental flat. 4 years already still no luck with BTO sia. they really just want our money since paying rental with cash =.=

Mr.mrskyle

Reaction score
Last queue number is 60. Sounds like a lot dropout hor?

last que no. is 60 for 4 room? anyway for us to know or not. haha, everyday been seeing if the units we want have been taken. if really no choice, low level also we just take lor, anything above level 4 lol

WhiskYOLO

Reaction score
haha, TRUE! the 5 years kind of BTO also good. we have 2 kids.. and staying in HDB rental flat. 4 years already still no luck with BTO sia. they really just want our money since paying rental with cash =.=

Ohh.. now I understand your situation. Waiting for Tengah BTO is also quite long leh. How about getting the SBF/ROF? Those are faster.

WhiskYOLO

Reaction score
last que no. is 60 for 4 room? anyway for us to know or not. haha, everyday been seeing if the units we want have been taken. if really no choice, low level also we just take lor, anything above level 4 lol

Sorry for 5 room. I applied for 5 room. Like you everyday see my ideal unit being taken. If I get low level with balcony, I will bbq everyday. Kekeke... hope you can get a unit also you can come for bbq. Wahahaha...

Last edited:

Mr.mrskyle

Reaction score
Sorry for 5 room. I applied for 5 room. Like you everyday see my ideal unit being taken. If I get low level with balcony, I will bbq everyday. Kekeke... hope you can get a unit also you can come for bbq. Wahahaha...

hahaha ok on! may we both get the unit we want :p

Prislalala

Reaction score

today last q no. for 4 room is 54! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.