HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #31

If those little communal farms in BP have lots of mosquitoes, then entire Tengah with communal farms in mind would be thousand times worse. Just imagine "Mosquito Town".
https://www.lookboxliving.com.sg/hom...-farm-features

Look at the pictures of this article, the "forest" aspect looks more landscaped than natural. It looks more like a park then a forest. Thinking more about it, the jungle/foilage of the current plantation plot has been levelled already. There's already no more native forestry on it to speak off.

I do not have any idea about mosquitos on the communal farms on the other hand though. Are they really that bad? Are you thinking of balloting for a unit at Tengah? In that case maybe you might want to look at a different estate for your own piece of mind?
Fatpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #32

Have anyone went down to HDB hub to see their tengah materials and ask questions? I am just wondering if there are more things offline to be seen.
I visited the exhibit twice, its pretty much the same thing as what you can see on the tengah portal on hdb website. The physical scale model did help me to put some stuff into perspective though. A hdb guy said that the plans could always change though since its only a draft.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #33

I visited the exhibit twice, its pretty much the same thing as what you can see on the tengah portal on hdb website. The physical scale model did help me to put some stuff into perspective though. A hdb guy said that the plans could always change though since its only a draft.
I see... Are those hdb guys present at the exhibit know more details about the development? Like the kind of hospital, schools that will be there etc
kingboonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #34

I see... Are those hdb guys present at the exhibit know more details about the development? Like the kind of hospital, schools that will be there etc
I didn't go to HDB Hub on both occasions specifically to see the exhibit actually, was there on other business and took the chance to drop by the exhibit. The first time there was a guy there so I just casually asked him if the layout of the estate was confirmed (while pointing to the 3d scale model) and that was what he said. Second time I was there nobody was standing around, it was a Saturday morning though.

Maybe a bit off topic but to illustrate. Previously at the peak of the hype of HSR+JLD, URA organised a exhibit at Westgate showcasing the future plan of the region. Master drafts and blueprints were displayed. The HSR station is to be situated near the center of JCC, and the surrounding land parcels would be developed and spreaded out from the station.
And IF the station and surrounding areas were to really prosper and be fully built up, the stretch of AYE between JCC and Teban Garden estate would even go underground just to be able to develop more stuff on it.

But that is a big IF. Now everything put on the backfoot liao. Paiseh super lorsor here but what I meant was nothing is set in concrete one. Can just go have a look at the exhibit when you're free, the HDB showrooms are currently going redesigning/changing theme though
Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #35

Can u add this to the transport concerns for CONs

JRL east which covers majority of the btos, will be completed in 2027
lindseymin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #36

I notice Aug bto start date is 28th Aug till 09th Sept.. Can we expect similar start date for Nov Bto?
@Bill@710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #37

I notice Aug bto start date is 28th Aug till 09th Sept.. Can we expect similar start date for Nov Bto?

Feb 2017 BTO Application: 14 20 Feb (Tues Mon)

May 2017 BTO Application: 18 24 May (Thur Wed)

Aug 2017 BTO Application: 1 7 Aug (Tues Mon)

Nov 2017 BTO Application: 14 20 Nov (Tues Mon)

Feb 2018 BTO Application: 6 12 Feb (Tues Mon)

May 2018 BTO Application: 22 28 May (Tues Mon)

Aug 2018 BTO Application: 28 Aug 3 Sep (Tues Mon)

I guess 13 or 20 Nov.
Scylla likes this.
cashec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #38

Feb 2017 BTO Application: 14 20 Feb (Tues Mon)

May 2017 BTO Application: 18 24 May (Thur Wed)

Aug 2017 BTO Application: 1 7 Aug (Tues Mon)

Nov 2017 BTO Application: 14 20 Nov (Tues Mon)

Feb 2018 BTO Application: 6 12 Feb (Tues Mon)

May 2018 BTO Application: 22 28 May (Tues Mon)

Aug 2018 BTO Application: 28 Aug 3 Sep (Tues Mon)

I guess 13 or 20 Nov.
Wow.. U really kept track. Hat off to u.. 👍👍. Anyway thanks for the prediction.. Looking forward to it. Tengah is my choice
@Bill@710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #39

Can u add this to the transport concerns for CONs

JRL east which covers majority of the btos, will be completed in 2027
It's actually not too bad, since the first BTO should be ready by 2023... Call it the price of being the first pioneer batch
kingboonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #40

Still will be far from everything
Old 12-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #41

Its close to JE MRT area. Good for ppl with parents in the west side. Punggol imo is even more far flung. Bad thing is the MRT logjam at JE in the future. I can't imagine it. Its also relatively close to DTL at Bukit Panjang. 20min bus ride or so.
Gaddy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 06:40 AM   #42

Are you thinking of balloting for a unit at Tengah? In that case maybe you might want to look at a different estate for your own piece of mind?
Where I ballot is none of your business. We are here in this forum to discuss facts and observations and draw logical deductions and conclusions from possible outcome of situations. These would assist us in making our choices.
SuperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #43

Where I ballot is none of your business. We are here in this forum to discuss facts and observations and draw logical deductions and conclusions from possible outcome of situations. These would assist us in making our choices.
Yes where you want to ballot is none of my business. I also agree wholeheartedly with you about the purpose of this forum. However, aren't you being hypocritical about saying that by shooting down my views?

I was just giving you a suggestion since you seem to be worrying about this issue. It looks to me that if you ballot for a unit at Tengah, you are going to be worrying about the mosquito issue from the very day that you pick your unit until the very day that you move out of it.

Just like the people who want to ballot for Punggol but yet worry about the air quality issue from Pasir Gudang. Wouldn't it be better for them to just pick somewhere further away if they are going to worry about it?

You seem to be staying quite happily at BP, really interested about why you want to give yourself a hard time by balloting for Tengah.
Old 13-10-2018, 01:08 PM   #44

Hey Fat something ..... let me be clear. I did not shoot down anyone's view. I am just using logical deduction to draw from TS statement "Mosquitos aplenty in communal farms" to Tengah situation. And do not call anyone hypocritical when you did not read carefully.
SuperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 01:40 PM   #45

Hey Fat something ..... let me be clear. I did not shoot down anyone's view. I am just using logical deduction to draw from TS statement "Mosquitos aplenty in communal farms" to Tengah situation. And do not call anyone hypocritical when you did not read carefully.
Ah I apologise about that. You did not shoot down my views. You were just being really mean about the advice/suggestions that I had offered to you. I'm sorry my kindheartedness was misplaced on you.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.