(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

Mr.mrskyle

Reaction score
i received my grant already, but still, no appointment date lei to sign lease. how long usually then they give date, anyone know? TIA :o

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry to hijack this thread.
Can I check a few things:
How does it work if a couple can get more grant from the goverment
and how does the CPF comes from both people?
If income ceiling great than 12k for couple cannot apply for BTO?

On the west side, is there a good option to buy a BTO now?
I heard that most of the places are inaccessible and not near the MRT etc.

Mr.mrskyle

Reaction score
Depends on salary, really. We managed to get quite high grant, as per 12 months ago our income not much. We managed to get 70k grant šŸ˜Š

Hi there,

Sorry to hijack this thread.
Can I check a few things:
How does it work if a couple can get more grant from the goverment
and how does the CPF comes from both people?
If income ceiling great than 12k for couple cannot apply for BTO?

On the west side, is there a good option to buy a BTO now?
I heard that most of the places are inaccessible and not near the MRT etc.

Caerie13

Reaction score
Advice on Tengah BTO

Just wondering, saw this Tengah town news and understand there will a number of BTOs upcoming. If both me and partner dun have car, wise to consider Tengah anot? I saw the news and pics and quite like the whole green idea leh... But I read that it will be quite ulu for the next few years. The JRL expected to be open only 2026 onwards. We're planning to look out for BTO sales from late 2020... By any chance anyone think we should even bother to consider Tengah if MRT accessibility is crucial to us?

TIA :s13:

iam7377

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a bright orange file from HDB :s13:
Booking went smoothly.

HDB%2Bfile.jpg

Where did u apply?

shallow

Reaction score
Anybody went down to investigate the noise level from tengah air base? With the on going tengah air base expansion(although they are expanding westward), if existing noise level is bad, in the future it'll be worse.

Aladdin Beast

Reaction score
Just wondering, saw this Tengah town news and understand there will a number of BTOs upcoming. If both me and partner dun have car, wise to consider Tengah anot? I saw the news and pics and quite like the whole green idea leh... But I read that it will be quite ulu for the next few years. The JRL expected to be open only 2026 onwards. We're planning to look out for BTO sales from late 2020... By any chance anyone think we should even bother to consider Tengah if MRT accessibility is crucial to us?

I think depending on your budget and appetite also. See if other upcoming bto area is what you like. If out of budget, not even have a choice. You just got to live with the inconvenience. If you have consider somewhere more central or a new resale that just mop? Other factors count, like near parents, workplace etc.

muddywaters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Even with JRL, it's such a hassle going to the city with multiple changes of line and long journey.

If you don't go to the city such as orchard or raffles place area much anyway and you prefer to hang around your side of Singapore then yeah tengah is fine.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.