HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #91

Sorry off topic.. Can anyone share how to attached image to the forum reply..
hi, u can attach a link of an image between these 2 tags [ img] and [ /img] - no spacing

hope this helps.
Scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #92

hi, u can attach a link of an image between these 2 tags [ img] and [ /img] - no spacing

hope this helps.
Thanks for the info.. I guess I m still a junior member.. So image not alloe
@Bill@710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #93

In general, cannot buy Tengah Plantation
asmartng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #94

Can or not, must see how's the launch... Will it over subscribing?
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #95

Tengah Recce

I went to Tengah today to recce and entered the parts that had not been fenced off. As it stands today, Tengah is actually a major wildlife sanctuary. As I walked towards the middle of the plot of land (there are tracks and roads), I could hear numerous species of bird calls; an experience that is almost impossible to get elsewhere in Singapore. Even the nature reserve does not give me the sense of being surrounded by wildlife like my walk in Tengah today did. Sadly, all of this wildlife will probably be pushed out of Tengah by the development.

The piece of land is not flat and is actually interlaced by a number of small knolls. The master plan did mention that HDB intends to preserve the undulating nature of the land instead of simply flattening it. The significance of this decision was lost on me until my visit today. If properly executed, building around these small hills could produce some interesting features.

Although ringed by major roads, walking into Tengah felt like I was walking away from urban civilization and heading back to a time when there were kampongs in Singapore (I am old enough to have lived in one, so I would know). In the middle of Tengah, you do not hear the road at all and if you are the sort of person who is refreshed by the sound of nature, then this would be a delightful experience for you. Unfortunately, the parcel that is made available this BTO is not near the center of Tengah and actually represents the less desirable part of whole plot.

Mosquitoes were not a problem when I was there. As the terrain is hilly and drained by a number of rivulets, there are fewer breeding spots for mosquitoes. I am guessing that his may be the reason I was not bitten even once.

For the time being, Tengah is actually cut off from Jurong by the PIE. So pioneers looking to tap into Jurong's services will have to accept the hassle of commuting. It would be more natural for the new residents of Tengah to look towards CCK and BB for their needs.

If you are thinking of balloting this November for Tengah, I highly recommend going there to take a look. You can access the plot of land through the drainage canals (future PCN maybe?) from Bukit Batok Road and then gain access to the abandoned roads and tracks as you walk along the canal.
mingsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 07:05 AM   #96

In general, cannot buy Tengah Plantation
Do share your thoughts.. Instead of just a statement..

This is the reason of this forum.
Old 28-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #97

I went to Tengah today to recce and entered the parts that had not been fenced off. As it stands today, Tengah is actually a major wildlife sanctuary. As I walked towards the middle of the plot of land (there are tracks and roads), I could hear numerous species of bird calls; an experience that is almost impossible to get elsewhere in Singapore. Even the nature reserve does not give me the sense of being surrounded by wildlife like my walk in Tengah today did. Sadly, all of this wildlife will probably be pushed out of Tengah by the development.

The piece of land is not flat and is actually interlaced by a number of small knolls. The master plan did mention that HDB intends to preserve the undulating nature of the land instead of simply flattening it. The significance of this decision was lost on me until my visit today. If properly executed, building around these small hills could produce some interesting features.

Although ringed by major roads, walking into Tengah felt like I was walking away from urban civilization and heading back to a time when there were kampongs in Singapore (I am old enough to have lived in one, so I would know). In the middle of Tengah, you do not hear the road at all and if you are the sort of person who is refreshed by the sound of nature, then this would be a delightful experience for you. Unfortunately, the parcel that is made available this BTO is not near the center of Tengah and actually represents the less desirable part of whole plot.

Mosquitoes were not a problem when I was there. As the terrain is hilly and drained by a number of rivulets, there are fewer breeding spots for mosquitoes. I am guessing that his may be the reason I was not bitten even once.

For the time being, Tengah is actually cut off from Jurong by the PIE. So pioneers looking to tap into Jurong's services will have to accept the hassle of commuting. It would be more natural for the new residents of Tengah to look towards CCK and BB for their needs.

If you are thinking of balloting this November for Tengah, I highly recommend going there to take a look. You can access the plot of land through the drainage canals (future PCN maybe?) from Bukit Batok Road and then gain access to the abandoned roads and tracks as you walk along the canal.
You have a flair for writing. Are you a writer?
jameskuwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #98

The comparisons to Punggol and early Jurong West extension I feel is not relevant to Tengah Plantation specifically - it is literally a part of Bukit Batok, separated by only one road. I consider it more like Tampines North, it is really part of an existing town but with its own town centre and own development plan and brand.

The fact that Garden won't be up for maybe a decade is a non-issue when you are a few bus stops away to established schools and hawker centres in Jurong East and Bukit Batok. It is not like Punggol where an old school neighbourhood centre and hawker centre are two hops and a skip away because Sengkang lacks the amenities found in older towns like JE and BB.

Those getting BTOs in the fringe of Yishun now probably will take longer to reach Khatib/Yishun Town Centre than Plantation to BB and even Jurong East. Those living in Canberra or (gasp) Bidadari will take the same amount of time to reach Yishun or Serangoon as those living in Tengah plantation to JE town centre, while BB will be even nearer.
This is very true. Tengah can be quite close to amenities of other new town amenities. But sometimes how many good amenities a new town itself has also affects people's impression of it, and hence affects the interest in it.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #99

guys for immediate discussions can move to https: // t. me / sgBTO or search for @sgBTO on telegram haha
aliciagoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 06:35 AM   #100

I gonna buy Tengah in future when first flats reached their mop... Sure cheap 😂
Old 29-10-2018, 08:49 AM   #101

I gonna buy Tengah in future when first flats reached their mop... Sure cheap 😂
If you taking about resale, highly unlikely because by that time the new MRT line is already up and running and many amenities would have been built. Jurong lake district should also kick in about that time. Prices confirm go up. But of course will be cheaper than mature estate resales. New batches of BTOs should also increase in price accordingly. The first few batches of BTOs should be the cheapest since the estate is totally new.

Last edited by culepico; 29-10-2018 at 08:58 AM..
culepico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #102

If you taking about resale, highly unlikely because by that time the new MRT line is already up and running and many amenities would have been built. Jurong lake district should also kick in about that time. Prices confirm go up. But of course will be cheaper than mature estate resales. New batches of BTOs should also increase in price accordingly. The first few batches of BTOs should be the cheapest since the estate is totally new.
We consider tengah as new frontier for Singapore. And we would like to be a part of it.

Being the pioneer batch of tengah we expect a certain degree of inconvenience just like our forefathers.. Although we are much better off.. We havr BB n Jem.

If u are my age u would recall the start of aircon bus.. At that time many ppl initially prefer non aircon bus just to save money.. Lol.. Now if u see an non aircon.. U woyld havr complain like hell.

So it is just a matter of adapting.

And if everyone shy away from tengah.. How u expect hdb to build up the tengah town fast..

Anyway.. Nov bto tengah will have our support.

PS.. I currently live in toa payoh - mature town.. It is time for a change.
voidtitanium likes this.
Old 29-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #103
Master Member

We consider tengah as new frontier for Singapore. And we would like to be a part of it.

Being the pioneer batch of tengah we expect a certain degree of inconvenience just like our forefathers.. Although we are much better off.. We havr BB n Jem.

If u are my age u would recall the start of aircon bus.. At that time many ppl initially prefer non aircon bus just to save money.. Lol.. Now if u see an non aircon.. U woyld havr complain like hell.

And if everyone shy away from tengah.. How u expect hdb to build up the tengah town fast..

I am sure you will like tengah. no regrets!
TonyStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #104

Maybe you have mistaken me. I am applying for the Tengah Nov BTO. I'm a firm believer that it will be a good location to live in and the prices will only go up and up given the planned developments. That's why I warned the previous guy that getting it on the cheap is highly unlikely by the time of first MOP (~9 years from now).
culepico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #105

Bo bian... I can only buy resale...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.