HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #106

I am sure you will like tengah. no regrets!
Yeah. Every weekend I drive my family to western hemisphere of sg.. To enjoy what BB n west can offer. So my kids can adapt.. I just found dairy farm nature reserve. I really like it the quietness..away from center mature area..
You are right. It is a nice area. And tengah is a few minutes round the corner.
Best of all it is likely to be cheap.. 🤑
@Bill@710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #107

Maybe you have mistaken me. I am applying for the Tengah Nov BTO. I'm a firm believer that it will be a good location to live in and the prices will only go up and up given the planned developments. That's why I warned the previous guy that getting it on the cheap is highly unlikely by the time of first MOP (~9 years from now).
No worry.. We are just sharing out thoughts.. So potential buyers can compare. Cheers.
Old 29-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #108

Hi all, I'm considering this Nov batch for the following reasons:

1. Near to parents (our parents are in Corporation Drive/ Taman Jurong)
2. Near to JE (common meet up place for friends)
3. Access to central/town via the green line

However I've seen some comments that the Plantation spot is not the best and Marketplace is better as it's walking distance to malls? However, I don't think I can wait till then and by then I may not get it too.

My current house is abt 15min bus to Jurong Point so roughly that kind I can still accept. I'm 5mins walk away from Taman Jurong Food Market though, so that's something I will miss...

Besides these, are there other potential dealbreakers for this Plantation plot? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
throwawaygrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #109

Hi all, I'm considering this Nov batch for the following reasons:

1. Near to parents (our parents are in Corporation Drive/ Taman Jurong)
2. Near to JE (common meet up place for friends)
3. Access to central/town via the green line

However I've seen some comments that the Plantation spot is not the best and Marketplace is better as it's walking distance to malls? However, I don't think I can wait till then and by then I may not get it too.

My current house is abt 15min bus to Jurong Point so roughly that kind I can still accept. I'm 5mins walk away from Taman Jurong Food Market though, so that's something I will miss...

Besides these, are there other potential dealbreakers for this Plantation plot? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Yes plantation might not be near the future town centre. It might be a 20 min walk or 5 min train/bus ride. However, this plot is near the Jurong East/Bukit Batok intersection, and it's about 10-15 min bus rides to JE and BB interchange. It's also close to the main road. Hence in the future you would have the convenience of JE, BB and Tengah all at once, while those in central Tengah might have to travel further to reach other estates mentioned. It is also possible that small shopping malls and eateries be built near plantation plot.
voidtitanium likes this.
culepico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #110

the first plot of tengah bto is for guinea pigs!!

it will definitely NOT be the best plot but wont be the worst plot as well... at least got one MRT station to it and it is near BB/jurong

i volunteer as tribute!!
workedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #111

Yes plantation might not be near the future town centre. It might be a 20 min walk or 5 min train/bus ride. However, this plot is near the Jurong East/Bukit Batok intersection, and it's about 10-15 min bus rides to JE and BB interchange. It's also close to the main road. Hence in the future you would have the convenience of JE, BB and Tengah all at once, while those in central Tengah might have to travel further to reach other estates mentioned. It is also possible that small shopping malls and eateries be built near plantation plot.
Thank you, this is very helpful! 😊
throwawaygrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #112

The MRT/Circle line will be ready around 2030..

Source: https://www.sgtrains.com/network-jrl.html
Old 29-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #113

2021 ready first batch.. So 2026 to 2027 mop. Jrl yet running maybe so should be cheap. Whole Tengah needs 20 years to be ready. Around 2035 to see most Tengah up.
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #114

I am considering tengah in the future when it's more developed and my (future) kids are bigger. Currently just purchased a resale at bukit panjang which is nearby (wife family stays there). Tengah would be good for those with extended families in CCK, BB, BP and Jurong. Not as ulu as Punggol imo.
Gaddy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #115

I am considering tengah in the future when it's more developed and my (future) kids are bigger. Currently just purchased a resale at bukit panjang which is nearby (wife family stays there). Tengah would be good for those with extended families in CCK, BB, BP and Jurong. Not as ulu as Punggol imo.
I consider tengah as in 4 years time my kids will be at uni age..so closer to ntu.
And when my kids are going to start their new family.. They will likely to bto tengah too. So close to us parents..

Well this is the parents good intention to help kids as much.
Old 29-10-2018, 07:14 PM   #116

I consider tengah as in 4 years time my kids will be at uni age..so closer to ntu.
And when my kids are going to start their new family.. They will likely to bto tengah too. So close to us parents..

Well this is the parents good intention to help kids as much.
Nice nice. Even for a north-east guy like me with family and relatives staying in Seng Kang and Punggol, I am still very much attracted to Tengah. Mainly because my fiancee and I are working in the west at the moment (and a rare good location in the west pops up).

Last edited by culepico; 29-10-2018 at 07:20 PM..
culepico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:16 PM   #117

Anyway, no one can predict the future... So let's enjoy the first bto in Tengah. The rest of development must wait at least 15 years from now to gauge. With so many resales and on going bto, I believe hdb flats gonna be affordable to future generations.
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #118

To wait or go for BTO in Nov

From what's made known, the upcoming BTO in Nov is only part of Plantation District. Any idea when will the next BTO for plantation district be up? I am thinking to get flats that's further in but still within Plantation District. Do you guys think HDB will take long to launch another BTO for Plantation District?
bukseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:50 PM   #119

The West Region (except for Jurong industrial part) is definitely desirable for those who value greenery, peacefulness, and quietness. The land plot ratio is mostly less than 3.0. That means it is less crowded. In Punggol, most of the new BTOs plot ratio are 3.5 - 4.0, especially the coastal area. Besides, because of high rainfall, it is cooler and fresher air. Both NTU and NUS are close by. What else can you ask for in a compact place like Singapore?
SuperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 07:54 PM   #120

From what's made known, the upcoming BTO in Nov is only part of Plantation District. Any idea when will the next BTO for plantation district be up? I am thinking to get flats that's further in but still within Plantation District. Do you guys think HDB will take long to launch another BTO for Plantation District?
One thing you got to consider when applying for BTO: Do not assume that you would definitely get a ballot number (if it is oversubscribed) or a good q number. If you get a lousy q number, your choice would be limited to undesirable units.
SuperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.