HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Like Tree224Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #166

Ady receive updates fr developer, the pricing is $1080-1150psf.. similar to PC
Thanks for the update. Not really unexpected given the over zealous bidding by the developers previously, who then expect buyers to flock to them to bail them out so that they can still make a profit.

I am now pretty sure I will give this EC a miss.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 12:14 PM   #167
Supremacy Member

Quite pricy considering quite a bit of existing EC 900+ psf can get
sgpropertyblog likes this.
dragonbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #168

They really no choice if they want to make a profit.
Have to let buyers bail them out of the high costs paid.

The problem with EC scheme is that it is based on land bidding by developers, unlike HDBs. It makes sense that eventually, EC pricing will gravitate towards PC prices, such that eventually EC scheme "fails".

And developers with multiple launches will usually also price each new launch higher and higher so that previous launches appear cheaper and move. Excellent pricing strategy in a capitalist economy.

One also has to consider resale levy. For a 5 rm flat owner, it is $45k. So for 1000 sqft unit, it is additional $45k. This will push up the pricing to $1125~ $1195 psf.

I also did a quick calculation for the Ola PH unit of 1722 sqft. At $1080 psf, along with resale levy, it would be $1.9 mil.

Comparatively, at Parc Botannia, a 1507 sqft unit just went for $1137 psf in Jan 2020 at about $1.7 mil.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #169

It seems like the pricing model for new launch ECs are here to stay; similar to that if new launch PCs, which has up and up.

End of day, as long as the place is where you want to stay, just go ahead. If one is always concerned about pricing and prioritizing earnings as first, might as well stay in HDB and invest in somewhere else instead for better returns.
WarChild86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #170
Master Member

They really no choice if they want to make a profit.
Have to let buyers bail them out of the high costs paid.

The problem with EC scheme is that it is based on land bidding by developers, unlike HDBs. It makes sense that eventually, EC pricing will gravitate towards PC prices, such that eventually EC scheme "fails".

And developers with multiple launches will usually also price each new launch higher and higher so that previous launches appear cheaper and move. Excellent pricing strategy in a capitalist economy.

One also has to consider resale levy. For a 5 rm flat owner, it is $45k. So for 1000 sqft unit, it is additional $45k. This will push up the pricing to $1125~ $1195 psf.

I also did a quick calculation for the Ola PH unit of 1722 sqft. At $1080 psf, along with resale levy, it would be $1.9 mil.

Comparatively, at Parc Botannia, a 1507 sqft unit just went for $1137 psf in Jan 2020 at about $1.7 mil.

The quantum seems too high for a development that imposes an income ceiling of $16,000. A couple can get a max loan of about 1mil to 1.2mil and have to come up with the rest thru selling existing place n cash, how many can do it?

That being said, not like got a lot of penthouse on offer here lol

And you are right about Parc Botannia, no resale levy and if I not wrong you also get the private lift lobby
Eraval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #171
Master Member

Correct! Master toilet comes with double sink too.

And you are right about Parc Botannia, no resale levy and if I not wrong you also get the private lift lobby
1993newbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #172
High Supremacy Member

not surprised given psf of hundred palms bounced out units
K|muRa^84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #173

Err.. if u are talking about new ECs, then confirm canot get at 9xxpsf.. cos the cheapest one at the moment oso 10xx psf le..
Old 13-02-2020, 09:20 PM   #174
Supremacy Member

How many PC u can find this kind of price. If I can meet ceiling I confirm whack biggest unit
Forever84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #175

How many PC u can find this kind of price. If I can meet ceiling I confirm whack biggest unit
PC = Parc Canberra .. I mean Ola pricing is similar to Par Canberra, not private condo
Old 14-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #176

PC = Parc Canberra .. I mean Ola pricing is similar to Par Canberra, not private condo
sembawang vs sengkang, miles apart
condovshdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #177

err.. im not saying Sembawang is same as Sengkang leh.. i'm just updating the Ola prices here and stating the fact that the prices of Ola is similar to Parc Canberra even though its in different locality.. for the same pricing, which one is better? up to u to decide cos i'm not the one buying..
Old 14-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #178
Supremacy Member

Err.. if u are talking about new ECs, then confirm canot get at 9xxpsf.. cos the cheapest one at the moment oso 10xx psf le..
Ummmm bro, as mentioned in my reply that you quoted, I'm talking about existing EC..... I mean why would you want to buy new EC at such steep price. Should let the developers burn they finger then we all would have good choices. If not they just keep pushing prices up and buyer pays for their mistake of bidding high prices for the land
dragonbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #179

Which is a better precinct in ur perspective?
Passerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #180

Ummmm bro, as mentioned in my reply that you quoted, I'm talking about existing EC..... I mean why would you want to buy new EC at such steep price. Should let the developers burn they finger then we all would have good choices. If not they just keep pushing prices up and buyer pays for their mistake of bidding high prices for the land
oh, u referring to resale ECs .. if resale ECs at 9xx psf vs New EC at 10xx psf, which one will u get ? who doesn't like new things? new car, new house.. new wife?? hahah, just kidding..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.