HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Like Tree216Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2020, 07:38 PM   #196
Master Member

Canberra BTO is quite affordable. Look at 2015 vs 2020 price. Toa Payoh launch also quite affordable with 4 room starting from $395k.

Back when Caldecott BtO was first launch in 2012, the 4 room starts from $428k.

All BTOs are affordable, if I could I would have taken a new 5 bedroom HDB, nearer to MRT some more. But unfortunately, cannot. Really sucks to be at the gap there. Neither here nor there. At mercy of developers.
Old 14-02-2020, 07:47 PM   #197

Yes, bto is for commoners and so should always remain affordable. Subsidies is provided in the form of cpf grant instead of lowering the bto price.

Resale is more exp generally because sellers hope to earn. In most of our mind, we are wired in such a way that we think properties can only profit and not lose. More so for hdb.

Not really twisted though.

Govt should keep BTO prices down so that the mass can get them at affordable prices, they are supposed to be entry level homes. Yet why does resale HDB prices keep going up? Cause people peg them to the condo prices mah. Sky Habitat and Sky Vue at Bishan cost $1.2k-$1.6k. As long as the HDB blocks near there are below, it still makes sense to people wor. Like ok, I can't afford the 2mil for a 3 bedder at Sky Habitat, but 600k for a mansionette at a nearby location is doable wor. So I cough it up lor
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 07:55 PM   #198

Ya la, so it is personal preference. But over here we are talking about property not just for own stay but also for investment. I also don't like cigarettes but that doesn't mean I can't be an employee in a cigarette company. Public sentiment is more important than individual opinion, at least for me.

If u ask me, is it worth to pay several hundred psf to stay in the town, I'll say siao la. I don't go to town that often, and even if I do so, I drive and park there and pass through the erp at peak hours, I don't think the amount paid for many years will exceed few hundred thousands. But then if general sentiment prefers that, then I'll say it is worth buying still. If general sentiment accept living near hospitals then I'll think it is still fine to get.

Well, same goes for Cigarettes. I avoid it because I know it does harm on the body, and I absolutely detest the smell.

But they still sell pretty well.

Does it mean I need to join in buying it?
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #199

Ya la, so it is personal preference. But over here we are talking about property not just for own stay but also for investment. I also don't like cigarettes but that doesn't mean I can't be an employee in a cigarette company. Public sentiment is more important than individual opinion, at least for me.

If u ask me, is it worth to pay several hundred psf to stay in the town, I'll say siao la. I don't go to town that often, and even if I do so, I drive and park there and pass through the erp at peak hours, I don't think the amount paid for many years will exceed few hundred thousands. But then if general sentiment prefers that, then I'll say it is worth buying still. If general sentiment accept living near hospitals then I'll think it is still fine to get.
Conversely I think is ok to live on top of land that were previously cemeteries. 😂

Yes personal preferences, which is why I don't plan on Ola now.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #200

Very sensible post. End of day really boils down to your needs, wants and risk appetite.

For sure among the younger generation there is a want for something nice, I know at least one person who made the choice to buy a studio unit and after getting married, it becomes more a liability than an asset because they can't offload at the price they want and they don't have enough to buy another sizable PC

End of day, I think it's more important to visualise whether the unit u buying is a unit u can stay for next 10-20 years if needed
I'm looking for a new place, part of the reason is because I want to right some wrongs that I did when I first got the property, if you know what I mean.

There were some things I should have done but didn't because family dynamics were different then. A lot of things I did not foresee because kids were not around then.

So either I need to spend money to renovate a little here and there within the current house, or get a new place with proper planning and reno done once and for all.

Like you say, a unit that the family can stay for the next 10-20 years.

Decisions decisions decisions...
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 01:34 PM   #201
Supremacy Member

By right, new should be more expensive than old. Like new car more exp than old car. The hdb bto and resale price difference is twisted in my opinion. Now there is some correction.
Honestly it doesn't work like this..... And it will never work like this. Because Singapore needs to sell this dream that the citizens are rich. And a large part comes from asset depreciation. So it means BTO just be cheaper. Unless you compare extreme cases such a bto vs a 40 years old resale
dragonbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #202

An Ola a day, pocket confirm 0 all the way.
eric93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #203

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...box=1581753343

For sharing.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #204
Master Member

for those who are interested in this estate, this is the progress.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
momoeagle likes this.
Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 07:10 PM   #205
Master Member

Ola showflat is which unit type? Their 4 bedder looks nice for me, I can see myself living there
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Eraval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #206
Master Member

anyone has any take on which stack is preferable for a 3 bedroom (inc. deluxe/premium configurations)?

thanks in advance!
aabeesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #207

anyone has any take on which stack is preferable for a 3 bedroom (inc. deluxe/premium configurations)?

thanks in advance!
Depends on your needs, B1 and B2 i feel the configurations is very efficient, but problem is MBR wardrobe might be a bit small, and no store room, will be challenging to keep things. See how you want to manage and see if your family have a lot of clothes or not.

I would prefer B1 over B2 because of the 20sqft difference, most likely the cheapest also.

I like B6 if you want want storeroom, i feel more efficient and have an open concept kitchen style, probably can transform the area into a wet/dry kitchen and take the dining to the balcony.

the MBR size also looks different for the 2 different premium layout, you might want to take into consideration - the bigger one is good if you are planning to have a baby or throw a mattress on floor for kid to sleep together, but no the added space is a waste.
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:29 PM   #208

thanks in advance!
btw clear your inbox leh, some things i cannot share out in public
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 12:06 AM   #209
Master Member

btw clear your inbox leh, some things i cannot share out in public
Cleared. Thanks in advance. Read your comments above.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3
aabeesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 08:30 AM   #210

Ola showflat is which unit type? Their 4 bedder looks nice for me, I can see myself living there
Showflat type

C1 - 4bdrms
B1-3bdrms
B5-3+store+yard
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.