HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #226

Having said that, would Tampines Avenue 10 EC be better?
Since Tapestry and Treasure already hit $1300psf...
Tampines Ave 10 EC if launch ~$1100psf thereabouts could be a good buy, not because of its locality but because ard that stretch a lot of PC also $1300psf thereabouts, would support the price.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #227

Don't forget bellewaters, and numerous other cheap ECs and also PCs in SK and Punggol.

Wonder whether overpriced new launches will lift their prices up or will they drag OLA's resale price down. Will prices meet in between? "thinkcarefully"!

That said, older condos cannot match the shoebox sizes of new launches so psf is not a good gauge.
Just like developers know there will be buyers coming in to save them, there will definitely be newer buyers helping new buyers make a tidy profit.

To infinity and beyond!
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 03:37 PM   #228

Thinking of the three or 4 bedroom.When are they releasing the pricing?
Price release and showflat viewing 19/20 march
Old 22-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #229
Arch-Supremacy Member

Prices are so high for this Ola, almost 1.1k psf. It is not even near an mrt.

And people are saying prices are not realistic for punggol near mrt at below 1.1k psf.
drkcynic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 04:15 PM   #230

Looking at what you mentioned, i thought of those who had bought Parc Botannia... over $1300psf...

And people are saying prices are not realistic for punggol near mrt at below 1.1k psf.
SunnyCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 11:57 PM   #231

Isn't OLA quite near to Sengkang MRT? Probably nearer compared to Piermont Grand-Punggol MRT too
psykool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 12:08 AM   #232

Isn't OLA quite near to Sengkang MRT? Probably nearer compared to Piermont Grand-Punggol MRT too
I donít think 850-900m of walking at around 10-11 mins walk time is considered near.

I will rate 3-4 mins, 400m of walking as near to mrt
WarChild86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 12:40 AM   #233

You don’t have to cross the road from Piermont Grand to Punggol MRT. Just walk along the PCN will lead you to Waterpoint and MRT.

Old 23-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #234
Arch-Supremacy Member

No it's not. It is those kind of distance you definitely won't walk on a daily basis. Both Piermont and Ola are not that ideal.

But they are priced at around the same psf as 5-8 yrs condos that are much nearer to the 2 mrts. So I am not sure where is the attraction? How are these ECs subsidised? If you like new stuff then maybe you can consider but remember you are buying a market rate comparable to private condos.
sgpropertyblog likes this.
drkcynic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 10:52 AM   #235

No it's not. It is those kind of distance you definitely won't walk on a daily basis. Both Piermont and Ola are not that ideal.

But they are priced at around the same psf as 5-8 yrs condos that are much nearer to the 2 mrts. So I am not sure where is the attraction? How are these ECs subsidised? If you like new stuff then maybe you can consider but remember you are buying a market rate comparable to private condos.
both are within walking distance to MRT, but then will take you about 10 mins walk, which I don't think you wana do on a daily basis.. you may wana hop on the LRT or bus about 1-3 stops away.. imagine the price is currently ard $10xx-11xx psf , what would the price be if its nearer to MRT ?
Old 23-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #236

I agree, if want new then consider.

The price is comparable to private resales, not new launches. New launches are already 13xx onwards.. ECs aren't cheap anymore, when rivercove launch, H20 just across the canal was selling just 50psf more. Rivercove is 100% sold out. Where's the reason in that?

The mindset of the people who want to buy this project for profit has to change, entering at 1100psf++ when the surrounding projects were sold for 8xx psf, if buying to flip most likely won't make money, but homestay I feel it's good.

The layouts quite decent and the site layout is awesome, the site design is much better than some of the older ECs in the region and comparable/better than most of the privates around I feel.

If you need a house and want something new, then you don't have a choice, if you see the BTO subscription rates for past few years, everywhere is oversubscribed except tengah, imagine some of the first time buyers getting 1xxx out of 500 for queue number and rejected for the popular ones.
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #237

Lazy to walk still got LRT leh...
Old 23-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #238
Honorary Member

Why so lazy to walk? That's what legs are for right?
The_Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 11:06 PM   #239
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why so lazy to walk? That's what legs are for right?
PMD just made obesity a bigger problem and I still see PMDs on pedestrian footpaths.
windwaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2020, 07:40 AM   #240

New launches are supported by a lot of advertisements and effort of agencies. And that new always looks better in the showflat. Resale needs to keep up by making sure the the MA are doing a good job maintaining the common area and the owners need to design their house in an attempt to sell. On top of that, many forumers here already shown that 2nd owners sometimes don't earn much upon selling off their properties.

I agree, if want new then consider.

The price is comparable to private resales, not new launches. New launches are already 13xx onwards.. ECs aren't cheap anymore, when rivercove launch, H20 just across the canal was selling just 50psf more. Rivercove is 100% sold out. Where's the reason in that?

The mindset of the people who want to buy this project for profit has to change, entering at 1100psf++ when the surrounding projects were sold for 8xx psf, if buying to flip most likely won't make money, but homestay I feel it's good.

The layouts quite decent and the site layout is awesome, the site design is much better than some of the older ECs in the region and comparable/better than most of the privates around I feel.

If you need a house and want something new, then you don't have a choice, if you see the BTO subscription rates for past few years, everywhere is oversubscribed except tengah, imagine some of the first time buyers getting 1xxx out of 500 for queue number and rejected for the popular ones.
Clazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.