OLA EC @ Anchorvale

iceraider

Reaction score
Actually e location is ok only.. duno what make e developer bid so high.. given its location, unless u drive which is near tpe, sle and cte.

Walking to lrt is also a 5-10mims walk

Frasers Property unit tops bids for Sengkang EC site; UOL-led consortium is highest bidder for a condo plot in Canberra Drive.

“Frasers Property unit FCL Lodge was the highest bidder, at S$286.54 million or about S$555 psf ppr. “

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/re...engkang-ec-site-uol-led-consortium-is-highest

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually e location is ok only.. duno what make e developer bid so high.. given its location, unless u drive which is near tpe, sle and cte.

EC locations are usually not fantastic, and that is why this site is slightly lower than Ola site ($555/psf vs $576/psf). Ola site is walkable you Sengkang MRT and likely to receive better reception.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Because buyers willing to buy at >$1k psf. Developers not scared.

I do like the location though, because I have been around the area for >10 years and I know the pros and cons pretty well I guess.

tulipkiss

Reaction score
I agree and I don’t think it would be priced significantly higher but I expect it to be about $13xx-14xxpsf up, similar to Treasures price.

Does that mean nearby ECs will huat huat? eg. brownstone bought at 800+psf, can fetch like 50% turnover (if sell at 1.2kpsf, still below new PC 1.3-1.4k) if the ppty market remains / continue to florish..

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Putting things in a diff perspective.

Brownstone MOP in 2022. Owners trying to sell $1.2psf.
Pros > Next owner can move in quickly
Cons > bounded with 5 years MOP to wait till privatisation and MSR for loan.

Parcel A & B new launches could yield total around 7xx units. If both launch next year at 13xx-14xx, owners are not bounded with MOP. Just 3 years SSD can sell after that + Not bounded with MSR.
Owner buy NEW in 2021 can sell in 2024 when Parc Canberra just TOP/serving it’s MOP.

Would one buy Resale Brownstone or New launch parcel A & B?

Does that mean nearby ECs will huat huat? eg. brownstone bought at 800+psf, can fetch like 50% turnover (if sell at 1.2kpsf, still below new PC 1.3-1.4k) if the ppty market remains / continue to florish..

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you ask me I do think nearby EC like brownstone, visionarie would huat.

Ask urself EC brownstone and Bellewoods/ Twin Fountains around the same time MOP, which would you buy?

One location is much more ideal than the other with Canberra MRT line and the transformation of Canberra area, not forgetting brownstone is a CDL project.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brownstone MOP in 2022. If they are trying to sell @ $1.2k psf. It would just make the new launches more attractive since its newer and just slightly higher psf. Unless they really really like brownstone or looking for move in ready units.

FYI, There will be 3 launches in Canberra in 2021.
> EC next to Parc Canberra
> Plot A
> Plot B

Buyers are able to Compare since everything can be found online. If brownstone selling at $1.2k psf, the new EC launching at $1.1-1.2k psf And private plot A & B selling at $1.3-1.4k psf, which is more attractive?

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brownstone MOP in 2022. If they are trying to sell @ $1.2k psf. It would just make the new launches more attractive since its newer and just slightly higher psf. Unless they really really like brownstone or looking for move in ready units.

> Plot A
> Plot B

Buyers are able to Compare since everything can be found online. If brownstone selling at $1.2k psf, the new EC launching at $1.1-1.2k psf And private plot A & B selling at $1.3-1.4k psf, which is more attractive?

Don’t think they would sell at 1.2k psf, would think it be closer to 1xxx-11xxpsf thereabouts, given that there are many more upcoming plots in that area.

tulipkiss

Reaction score
Putting things in a diff perspective.

Brownstone MOP in 2022. Owners trying to sell $1.2psf.
Pros > Next owner can move in quickly
Cons > bounded with 5 years MOP to wait till privatisation and MSR for loan.

Parcel A & B new launches could yield total around 7xx units. If both launch next year at 13xx-14xx, owners are not bounded with MOP. Just 3 years SSD can sell after that + Not bounded with MSR.

Would one buy Resale Brownstone or New launch parcel A & B?

For me, exact layout/view/storey factors aside, i will choose the one with cheaper psf :s13: To me, a 5-year-old unit is as good as new.

But like you've pointed out, that's if owners dont intend to stay long and is restricted by MSR, those people will likely get parcel A/B.

> Plot A
> Plot B

New EC if I'm able to get the unit i want.
Otherwise, a suitable unit in brownstone, assuming the psf is cheaper than a comparable unit in part A/B.

Of cos, eligibility and other factors you've mentioned above not included.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tulipkiss

Reaction score
If you ask me I do think nearby EC like brownstone, visionarie would huat.

Ask urself EC brownstone and Bellewoods/ Twin Fountains around the same time MOP, which would you buy?

One location is much more ideal than the other with Canberra MRT line and the transformation of Canberra area, not forgetting brownstone is a CDL project.

Not just those, I think for other newer EC/PC like The Nautical, Canberra Residences, One Canberra, Eight Courtyard too..
Maybe less since they're slightly further away than The Brownstone.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Curious me, went to see caveats lodge for the resale condos around Canberra enclave.
When buying resale it’s also important to see the volume of a project. Whether the demand is healthy and the popularity of the project.
Here’s the caveat volume for year 2019:

Nautical > 17 units
Canberra Residences > 12 units
1 Canberra (MOP sept 2020) > 5 units
Eight Courtyard > 32 units
Yishun Sapphire > 7 units
Yishun Emerald > 17 units

Not just those, I think for other newer EC/PC like The Nautical, Canberra Residences, One Canberra, Eight Courtyard too..
Maybe less since they're slightly further away than The Brownstone.

Last edited:

leeerwin

Reaction score
Hmm...Interesting...I am also looking at this area. Am wondering if anyone can predict the $PSF price for One Canberra when it hits MOP ? Looking very closely at this project too.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 Canberra will reach MOP around Sept 2020.

Last transacted unit already hovering in Low $9xx psf.

I Guess it will just hover around $9xx psf.
Smaller units may or may not hit $10xx psf coz for the same Psf it might be wise to get new launch Parc Canberra instead. Only upside is, can move in early for resale 1 Canberra.

Hmm...Interesting...I am also looking at this area. Am wondering if anyone can predict the $PSF price for One Canberra when it hits MOP ? Looking very closely at this project too.

WarChild86

Reaction score

If you look at the 5 resale transactions, they are hovering at around 900 psf

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My guess is 950psf thereabouts.

tulipkiss

Reaction score
Curious me, went to see caveats lodge for the resale condos around Canberra enclave.
When buying resale it’s also important to see the volume of a project. Whether the demand is healthy and the popularity of the project.
Here’s the caveat volume for year 2019:

Nautical > 17 units
Canberra Residences > 12 units
1 Canberra (MOP sept 2020) > 5 units
Eight Courtyard > 32 units
Yishun Sapphire > 7 units
Yishun Emerald > 17 units

hmm, what do you derive from these figures. I'm just curious.

1 Canberra is the most popular and in demand since haven't MOP already sold 5 units? :s13:

Personally I like The Nautical, for the design, and close proximity to mall (supermarket), food and mrt station.

tulipkiss

Reaction score

I'm guessing should be around the same as the past 3-5 transactions. $9xx.

Depends on how many units want to sell too? Supply n demand.
Saw your previous post that you want to chope a unit even before MOP, why??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.