OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...owth-slows-advance-estimate-covid-19-12577146

This headline too.

And the problem is, this is still the start.

Already have 4 friends, from early to mid 40s, who got retrenched and with not much savings. All switched to Grab driving or delivery at the moment. Brother in law lost his job as he was swim instructor for children, and has no more students due to cancellations.

Data from companies are from previous quarters. A whole lot of Singaporeans underestimated the economical fallout, and I think this is a result of our government being extremely good in handling of the situation so far.

In what way did the government do well?

Compared to HK and Taiwan, their nation's are much larger and everyone is wearing masks to stop the spread.

The numbers at Taiwan and HK much lower than Singapore despite their proximity to China. Some ministers @ SG ought to be sacked over the poor handling of the outbreak.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Compared to HK and Taiwan, their nation's are much larger and everyone is wearing masks to stop the spread.

The numbers at Taiwan and HK much lower than Singapore despite their proximity to China. Some ministers @ SG ought to be sacked over the poor handling of the outbreak.

To me, the numbers here would be much higher if not for the government. Taiwan and HK govt might be better at managing, but so what? Does it even matter?

More than half of our cases here are imported, and that's good management of this crisis for me.

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, so I shall stop and leave it at here.

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To me, the numbers here would be much higher if not for the government. Taiwan and HK govt might be better at managing, but so what? Does it even matter?

More than half of our cases here are imported, and that's good management of this crisis for me.

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, so I shall stop and leave it at here.

Yes pls stop. Take ur IB comments elsewhere.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think recession is relative. Some see it as a crisis, some see it as an opportunity. I have also begin picking up cheap stocks already.

Most importantly, if you have kept a basket of funds ready. What’s wrong? The worst thing that could happen is that you are not ready, overleveraging or overspending and resulting in negativity and depression. That’s the last time we want.

Exactly. Are buyers buying at new high or at a reasonable and attractive price?

If I am using my money, I think carefully lor.

Last edited:

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes and this will be my final post for quite some time. Need time to study the massive influx of $ given by the govt and restrategize accordingly.

Bye.

While u pop champagne, pls also strategise the 100x more you gonna bleed when GST is raised.

Congrats on upgrading to a bungalow with that $300 given to u.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
While u pop champagne, pls also strategise the 100x more you gonna bleed when GST is raised.

I'm sorry you only get $300. You must be real rich. Despite re reading few times, I'm still unable to exactly determine how many thousands we are getting here and how much rebates to share with customers.

GST should be raised to 15% at least. Sg is cheap.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Momo is a towkay and he has his own business to run. He is getting more than $300.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have the same thoughts on this as well, though for HK, I think their G did worse than SG. It is the HKers own initiatives that everyone puts on mask and therefore you do not see such high numbers. Taiwan did much better than both.

Still, our G is more on the reactive side, not decisive enough, scared of this and that, making the situation it is today. It could have been done better. Whatever methods, they would be leading to an economy slowdown, but at least, lower the spread from the beginning, than reacting to the wider spread now, and heading back to what could have been done earlier.

Please put on a mask even if you are well. This word unwell is widely 'abused'. I see people coughing their lungs out, but they are still walking around, and without mask, because to them, this is a normal cough, not sick or unwell.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ola URA caveat out! 167 units sold over the weekend

Took a look only one unit went for under $1000psf- at $999psf for a low floor three bedroom 926sqft unit and the highest psf obtained was $1268psf for a mid floor four bedroom unit 1055sqft unit.

Majority of units transacted between $11xx-12xxpsf.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Took a look only one unit went for under $1000psf- at $999psf for a low floor three bedroom 926sqft unit and the highest psf obtained was $1268psf for a mid floor four bedroom unit 1055sqft unit.

Majority of units transacted between $11xx-12xxpsf.

You should also buy a unit there and mix with like-minded people.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 ppty loans? You dream. More like you are employed by REDAS.

You are indeed really free or just nonsensical. You were the one who say I should buy up all projects and that I have 10 property 😂 I was just playing along bro.

Peace out, shan’t disturb ola thread w HOLA nonsense.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
You are indeed really free or just nonsensical. You were the one who say I should buy up all projects and that I have 10 property �� I was just playing along bro.

Peace out, shan’t disturb ola thread w HOLA nonsense.

Come clean with us. Who are you employed by? So that readers can know which comments are biased.

Can't be just bought one PC then keep talking up every single project? Did you buy something overpriced too? :s22:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you only get $300. You must be real rich. Despite re reading few times, I'm still unable to exactly determine how many thousands we are getting here and how much rebates to share with customers.

GST should be raised to 15% at least. Sg is cheap.

Support that!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.