OLA EC @ Anchorvale

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No pent up demand lah. Is no demand lah.

1. foreigner running away.
2. local retrenchment on the rise.
3. high pay job gone.
4. low pay job a lot.

Strange. Mr.Z from one of the TOP three agency just presented on zoom yesterday now is the best time to buy...because it is the start of bull run for property prices...

Anyone buys this?

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
Strange. Mr.Z from one of the TOP three agency just presented on zoom yesterday now is the best time to buy...because it is the start of bull run for property prices...

Anyone buys this?

Have not enter bear how to go bull?

Did ola price drop for the past few weeks? No right? Then?

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score

Anyone buys this?

All these “experts” and their BS. Can’t believe even CNA choose to interview them for analysis of the property market. No wonder we have many gong gong go buy OLA. Or is it paid advertisement..

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
No pent up demand lah. Is no demand lah.

1. foreigner running away.
2. local retrenchment on the rise.
3. high pay job gone.
4. low pay job a lot.

Singaporeans many have a lot spare cash lying in cpf or bank account.

My sis and her husband have combined 600k in cpf and cash waiting for 2nd property liao. Just normal highly paid civil servants with iron rice bowl.

And... they are definitely not the only ones...

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score

My sis and her husband have combined 600k in cpf and cash waiting for 2nd property liao. Just normal highly paid civil servants with iron rice bowl.

If you are saying total 600k for a couple even for 2nd property, it is not alot also. Unless government do away with the absd and property price drop to 900psf like high park residence last time, then possible to buy a 1000sf unit without big commitment

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are saying total 600k for a couple even for 2nd property, it is not alot also. Unless government do away with the absd and property price drop to 900psf like high park residence last time, then possible to buy a 1000sf unit without big commitment

Agreed. Many people are scxxd by the absd and tdsr.

Taking worst case scenario, 3rd property, absd 15%, tdsr 35%, meaning they need 80 to 85% as the bank loans you less and you need to pay many duties admin legal etc.. therefore cash plus cpf of 600k can only afford property about 750 k... what can you buy these days with 750k?

If second property, slightly better, can afford about 850 k to 1 mil property, I estimate.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score

Agree that many have lots of savings, possibly including you.

However, must all of it be used for property? Does it mean as long as we have a few hundred k / millions in savings, property is not expensive? :s22:

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After factoring in the few hundred k of taxes and legal fees, plus the hassle of managing tenants and repairs, I will be better off not investing in any more properties at current prices (I already have a few). However, if property prices drop by 10-15% to off-set the taxes, I will consider again. Now, I just look at my CPF for leisure :)

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree that many have lots of savings, possibly including you.

However, must all of it be used for property? Does it mean as long as we have a few hundred k / millions in savings, property is not expensive? :s22:

But a lot of people with that kind of cash, already lost a lot of $ in share.

Easily wipe off 50%.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But a lot of people with that kind of cash, already lost a lot of $ in share.

Easily wipe off 50%.

Holding excessive shares to the tune of more than 200k prior to this black swan event would likely mean that the individual have more than 30% of his holdings wiped out. But the same can’t be said for a property as yet.

Don’t see those holding property having 30% of value wiped out unless the quantum is high.

In short, property is likely more resilient in this situation. Of cos, holding cash is best if u are really risk averse.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Most cannot understand why would anyone pay 12xx psf for an EC (with restrictions) in a ulu location.

However one reader (you can scroll down) argues that there are many other considerations when buying

I added if it were your money, just do as you wish.
Lose money or not, you happy, can already.

$1200psf is kumgong. Lol! If you ask anyone, the COVID 19 is much worst than SARS. If property can drop 30% during SARS, can give any reason why today is the best time to buy?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
$1200psf is kumgong. Lol! If you ask anyone, the COVID 19 is much worst than SARS. If property can drop 30% during SARS, can give any reason why today is the best time to buy?

Property price did not drop 30% during SARS.
Property price has already been depressed ever since 1998 economy crisis.
It only starts to pick up in 2007.
It’s a Long winter period for property from 2000 to 2005.

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received complaints from friends about this Malaysian Developers finishing for recent condo projects in Singapore....range from cracked mirrors, sliding doors which do not close, cabinet shelves that do not lay flat etc.

Ola EC Buyers beware.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Received complaints from friends about this Malaysian Developers finishing for recent condo projects in Singapore....range from cracked mirrors, sliding doors which do not close, cabinet shelves that do not lay flat etc.

Ola EC Buyers beware.

Does M+S has a part to play on MOR mediocre furnishing?
I dunno much about this developer.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.