HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Like Tree229Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2020, 08:21 PM   #991

I think Parc Canberra stands out in terms of potential capital appreciation based on the following reasons:

North corridor development
Bukit Canberra(?)(if i nv rmb wrongly will have mega hawker centre/gym/polyclinic etc)
Upcoming mall beside
Residential land beside PC sold at higher price
White Site nearby

but yeah if you're looking at convenience then there prolly wont be much of it....till a few years later
Yup my exact sentiments to why Parc Canberra is the best option out of the three ECs in current market. The next plot of GLS for EC is also further away from Canberra MRT than Parc Canberra.
SethNg likes this.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #992

To put into perspective, the next plot at Fernvale (cannot walk to any MRT) bought by FCL, will sell as the same price as Ola. Ola is in a better location and with much better facilities than neighbouring developments. Itís really more like a condo than an EC, just that they are blinded by EC rulings
It will be interesting as neighbouring Greenwich and Seletar Park Residences are going for around 1.2k psf at the moment.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #993

It will be interesting as neighbouring Greenwich and Seletar Park Residences are going for around 1.2k psf at the moment.
New launch is not linked to resales, some say.
holasingapura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #994

Eventually (without fail) new launch becomes resale...
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 12:23 AM   #995

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp....een-guaranteed

With such headlines, would like to see what kind of OLA these buyers experience in due course.
Old 26-03-2020, 09:06 AM   #996

I think recession is relative. Some see it as a crisis, some see it as an opportunity. I have also begin picking up cheap stocks already.

Most importantly, if you have kept a basket of funds ready. Whatís wrong? The worst thing that could happen is that you are not ready, overleveraging or overspending and resulting in negativity and depression. Thatís the last time we want.
zero_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 09:12 AM   #997

Yeah. Not pinpointing you on the matter. Jus curious on your perspective of the area.

Tbh.. from e location of PC, there are two supermarkets (sheng shiong n ang mo) within 5-7mins walk. The upcoming canberra plaza got NTUC. Then theres SSC (Giant)tat is abt 10-15mins walk. Clincs n foodcourts also within these area

For parents, theres 3 childcare centres also within 5-7mins walk.

So theres actually not really a need to drive ard much to get necessities unless u r going to buy a month supplies

I just drove around the area. The nearby got empty plots of land. For me, I am not saying the place is not good, just thinking once all the buildings are up, It’ll be cramp also and meanwhile, need to drive around to get things...
iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #998

If the new launch value is higher, the resale value will also be higher, some others say.
Old 26-03-2020, 10:36 AM   #999
Great Supremacy Member

Everything is not linked
Each has own luck
Pls donít compare
Old 26-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #1000

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp....een-guaranteed

With such headlines, would like to see what kind of OLA these buyers experience in due course.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...id-19-12577146

This headline too.

And the problem is, this is still the start.

Already have 4 friends, from early to mid 40s, who got retrenched and with not much savings. All switched to Grab driving or delivery at the moment. Brother in law lost his job as he was swim instructor for children, and has no more students due to cancellations.

Data from companies are from previous quarters. A whole lot of Singaporeans underestimated the economical fallout, and I think this is a result of our government being extremely good in handling of the situation so far.
Old 26-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #1001
Supremacy Member

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...id-19-12577146

This headline too.

And the problem is, this is still the start.

Already have 4 friends, from early to mid 40s, who got retrenched and with not much savings. All switched to Grab driving or delivery at the moment. Brother in law lost his job as he was swim instructor for children, and has no more students due to cancellations.

Data from companies are from previous quarters. A whole lot of Singaporeans underestimated the economical fallout, and I think this is a result of our government being extremely good in handling of the situation so far.
In what way did the government do well?

Compared to HK and Taiwan, their nation's are much larger and everyone is wearing masks to stop the spread.

The numbers at Taiwan and HK much lower than Singapore despite their proximity to China. Some ministers @ SG ought to be sacked over the poor handling of the outbreak.
Pokťmon likes this.
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #1002

In what way did the government do well?

Compared to HK and Taiwan, their nation's are much larger and everyone is wearing masks to stop the spread.

The numbers at Taiwan and HK much lower than Singapore despite their proximity to China. Some ministers @ SG ought to be sacked over the poor handling of the outbreak.
To me, the numbers here would be much higher if not for the government. Taiwan and HK govt might be better at managing, but so what? Does it even matter?

More than half of our cases here are imported, and that's good management of this crisis for me.

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, so I shall stop and leave it at here.
Old 26-03-2020, 01:56 PM   #1003
Arch-Supremacy Member

To me, the numbers here would be much higher if not for the government. Taiwan and HK govt might be better at managing, but so what? Does it even matter?

More than half of our cases here are imported, and that's good management of this crisis for me.

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, so I shall stop and leave it at here.
Yes pls stop. Take ur IB comments elsewhere.
jerichoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #1004

Keep for the next 95 years don’t sell

Impressive, 3 $2m+ penthouses were sold. Who are these buyers? Must be really rich and prepared to sell for loss 5 years later.

You can buy much better projects at that price.
SunnyCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #1005

I think recession is relative. Some see it as a crisis, some see it as an opportunity. I have also begin picking up cheap stocks already.

Most importantly, if you have kept a basket of funds ready. Whatís wrong? The worst thing that could happen is that you are not ready, overleveraging or overspending and resulting in negativity and depression. Thatís the last time we want.
Exactly. Are buyers buying at new high or at a reasonable and attractive price?

If I am using my money, I think carefully lor.

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 26-03-2020 at 07:05 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.