HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2020, 10:01 PM   #91
Master Member

Ola seems to be splashing alot of money on TV advertising!
sgpropertyblog likes this.
tanjiakpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:22 AM   #92

Am thinking of going for this project but wondering about capital appreciation as this is the last EC project in that enclave - and all of them entered at a much lower psf.
Was originally thinking as well.

Same concerns as you.

This will be the EC with the highest entry psf compared to the other 3, and nearest to the hospital compared to 2 of the previous EC.

Honestly, I put myself in the shoes of a would be buyer in the future, would I buy this over the others?

I have visited Bellewaters and Treasure Crest before. I don't really like Treasure Crest carpark, but I quite like Bellewaters (except the furnishings are that top notch).

If the prices were the same psf, I would not choose Ola for now, just for the proximity to hospital.

Bellewaters and Treasure Crest were launched below $800 psf. 10 years down the road, they could sell at $1k psf and make profit. An owner of Ola will struggle to sell it at $1.2k psf if want to make profit.

Unless really love staying near a hospital lor...

Of course, my mind is open to being convinced that my concerns are invalid.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:30 AM   #93
Banned

Damn low ses...I rather go to prison
towkayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #94

Was originally thinking as well.

Same concerns as you.

This will be the EC with the highest entry psf compared to the other 3, and nearest to the hospital compared to 2 of the previous EC.

Honestly, I put myself in the shoes of a would be buyer in the future, would I buy this over the others?

I have visited Bellewaters and Treasure Crest before. I don't really like Treasure Crest carpark, but I quite like Bellewaters (except the furnishings are that top notch).

If the prices were the same psf, I would not choose Ola for now, just for the proximity to hospital.

Bellewaters and Treasure Crest were launched below $800 psf. 10 years down the road, they could sell at $1k psf and make profit. An owner of Ola will struggle to sell it at $1.2k psf if want to make profit.

Unless really love staying near a hospital lor...

Of course, my mind is open to being convinced that my concerns are invalid.
For me I currently stay very very near to the site of Ola and it checks all the boxes for me:

- near in law's who just moved to fernvale (they look after my kid)
- near hospital - I see it as a pro more than a con. You actually dont hear sirens that much, in fact I'd say it's quite rare.
- nearby a new hawker centre that's being built at anchorvale village
- can dispose current BTO 6 months after TOP, save on rental and having to time and nego the move with both buyer and seller if buying resale condo
- I actually like living in this area very much!
- may be my last chance to buy a "discounted condo"

All the other ECs surrounding Ola will hit MOP by the time Ola TOP in 2023 - I wonder if that timing was on purpose, and would it help with resale value of Ola it being the newest on the lot. Buyers may be more attracted to new? And when it hits 10 years, the surrounding ECs will be "oldish" at 15 years. Even Rivercove (900psf) is gonna TOP this year.

I wonder then would buyers compare Ola to Parc Botannia (~1300psf, TOP 2020) given the age of these 2 developments..

The two empty plots nearby have been zoned for schools as well. Maybe Ola will be able to ride on that for capital appreciation too?

Last edited by antitrust; 04-02-2020 at 07:29 AM..
antitrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

If Ola selling price psf is $950 or more, not worth it at all. This area surrounded by flats and very little amenities. But if you like this area then can go ahead
spiritGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:41 AM   #96
SBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

Depends on Ola Ola for developer or buyers.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:57 AM   #97

For those who’s buying OLA EC should really look beyond capital appreciation. You should really like this place and all the pros listed by yourself.

Even if the price stagnant and doesn’t appreciate, you should be able to convince yourself that I bought this for own stay. So what if prices drop / doesn’t appreciate. That should be the mentality when going for such a project.
WarChild86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #98

Ola seems to be splashing alot of money on TV advertising!
Yes! Dev committed to 3 mths extensive marketing , so u will be seeing a lot of ads on Ola
Old 04-02-2020, 11:58 AM   #99

For those who’s buying OLA EC should really look beyond capital appreciation. You should really like this place and all the pros listed by yourself.

Even if the price stagnant and doesn’t appreciate, you should be able to convince yourself that I bought this for own stay. So what if prices drop / doesn’t appreciate. That should be the mentality when going for such a project.

The bounced out units at Treasure Crest ady transacted at $1097-$1100psf last year..So chances of depreciation is very low.. Anyway, Singapore past ECs statistic shows that all ECs that MOP has profitable transaction and zero non-profitable (please dun compare resale ECs).

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #100

http://www.ytreporp.com/floorplan.php

Before you buy the EC, compare the floorplan between Parc Canberra and Ola!
bolster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #101

For me I currently stay very very near to the site of Ola and it checks all the boxes for me:

- near in law's who just moved to fernvale (they look after my kid)
- near hospital - I see it as a pro more than a con. You actually dont hear sirens that much, in fact I'd say it's quite rare.
- nearby a new hawker centre that's being built at anchorvale village
- can dispose current BTO 6 months after TOP, save on rental and having to time and nego the move with both buyer and seller if buying resale condo
- I actually like living in this area very much!
- may be my last chance to buy a "discounted condo"

All the other ECs surrounding Ola will hit MOP by the time Ola TOP in 2023 - I wonder if that timing was on purpose, and would it help with resale value of Ola it being the newest on the lot. Buyers may be more attracted to new? And when it hits 10 years, the surrounding ECs will be "oldish" at 15 years. Even Rivercove (900psf) is gonna TOP this year.

I wonder then would buyers compare Ola to Parc Botannia (~1300psf, TOP 2020) given the age of these 2 developments..

The two empty plots nearby have been zoned for schools as well. Maybe Ola will be able to ride on that for capital appreciation too?
Me on the other hand stay very near Parc Botannia. In fact, just opposite High Park.

Looking at your listed points, if I were in your shoes, Ola will definitely be a consideration.

I'm still keeping options open, will still e-app for Ola but no final decision yet.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #102

http://www.ytreporp.com/floorplan.php

Before you buy the EC, compare the floorplan between Parc Canberra and Ola!
I read through Ola 4 bedroom floor plan 1389 sqft. I like the floorplan a lot.

Apart from the location, will be quantum. We probably only enough $ for around 900k+ without any bank loan or selling any stocks, but include selling HDB, CPF OA as well as all available liquid cash holdings
Old 05-02-2020, 12:12 AM   #103
Master Member

I read through Ola 4 bedroom floor plan 1389 sqft. I like the floorplan a lot.

Apart from the location, will be quantum. We probably only enough $ for around 900k+ without any bank loan or selling any stocks, but include selling HDB, CPF OA as well as all available liquid cash holdings
i second. just checked out both ola and parc canberra layout - ola floorplan layout comes out tops. 3BR and 4BR all are functional.

ola:
i guess if i were older i would go for the 4BR where the pseudo walk-in wardrobe for master BR is very attractive and the junior master is great. i really like the combined space for both dining and living - gives alot more room to decide how to size dining and living on my own

love the 3BR premium (1,055sqft) too. efficient layout where the door swings open to your living immediately. dining location is not the most ideal as i would prefer a dining area is tucked at a corner.

would love to drop by the showroom when it opens! can't wait
tanjiakpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #104
SBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

With parc canberra selling at average $1080 psf, there is no good reason for developer to price below $1000 psf.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #105

With parc canberra selling at average $1080 psf, there is no good reason for developer to price below $1000 psf.
OLA marketing campaign seems very enticing. They probably vested a lot into marketing- the TV adds, radio commercial and bus adverts. I personally thought the TV ads and radio commercials were very well done.
Passerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.