HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Like Tree229Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2020, 12:30 AM   #1096

Bro, Something interesting I observed recent years.
First owner may not necessary lose money even they may pay a little higher for new launch.
But resale buyers can face difficulty in achieving profit gain despite they buy it much cheaper than new launch in same district. There seems to have a price ceiling once certain age of the property is reached.

So honestly, I can’t predict what’s gonna happen to ola in 7-8 years time.
Else why the sails can only transact at 16xxpsf despite its immaculate location? In fact, since 2013, I had already observed jgateway was priced higher than the sail in terms of its psf. One is at Jurong and the other at Marina. Lol
Sometimes, property investment is not about logic. I do factor in human behavior as well.
Similarly, new launch may not make much or anything when resale.

Since you mentioned j gateway, which was launched about 1700 psf...today you can see selling at 1,6xx to 18xx psf. If you add in absd admin etc etc... for a 99 lh, is it worth it?

Did those who buy during launch for investment now say ‘ what sxxx, I should not have bought’ or would they say ‘I did not regret buying a unit...made money..good buy worth it’?

If it were my money, I would buy D1 (1,6xx) instead of FAG (1,6xx) or J gateway (1,7xx)

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 30-03-2020 at 12:37 AM..
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 12:33 AM   #1097

D19 like Florence, affinity and gardens are already priced near or same to the sail already.
But yet, many still go for new launch.
Perhaps many are worried the sailís lease clock is ticking.
Or perhaps brand new is always the best!
This is the part I do not understand.
If it were my money, I would not buy FAG (F, A or G), I think you agree as well.
Old 30-03-2020, 12:51 AM   #1098

Wanted to write a long rebuttal but realized you are an agent. The rest just read his comments with caution...
Wow "the rest just read his comments with caution..." makes it feel like you're on the side of justice or something. Anyway, I didn't go: "buy OLA! sure earn!!", I'm just not denying the possibility of property prices going up in the future, and that it could get reflected in OLA's prices 8years down the road since property prices are estimated to double by 2030.(note that I did not say its a good buy, also mentioned that I think the pricing is absurd)

Would love to read your long rebuttal and understand your thought process on why is it a definite no though.
SethNg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 01:51 AM   #1099

Similarly, new launch may not make much or anything when resale.

Since you mentioned j gateway, which was launched about 1700 psf...today you can see selling at 1,6xx to 18xx psf. If you add in absd admin etc etc... for a 99 lh, is it worth it?

Did those who buy during launch for investment now say ‘ what sxxx, I should not have bought’ or would they say ‘I did not regret buying a unit...made money..good buy worth it’?

If it were my money, I would buy D1 (1,6xx) instead of FAG (1,6xx) or J gateway (1,7xx)
https://imgur.com/2aiXrcQ

Not sure if this is the same J gateway that you guys are referring to, if it's the same then launch price was at an avg of 1480psf, selling at ~15xx - 18xx now. Not the highest appreciation we've seen in the market but I don't think its bad until owners will regret tho

Only 1 unprofitable transaction as of now, loss of $9,700.. this guy confirm regret. Maybe those few that bought 1 bedder late into the launch at 1,7xxpsf also(their profits only 50-60k, may not earn anything after considering stamp duties/additional fees). The other ~40 owners should be celebrating
Old 30-03-2020, 05:20 AM   #1100

https://imgur.com/2aiXrcQ

Not sure if this is the same J gateway that you guys are referring to, if it's the same then launch price was at an avg of 1480psf, selling at ~15xx - 18xx now. Not the highest appreciation we've seen in the market but I don't think its bad until owners will regret tho

Only 1 unprofitable transaction as of now, loss of $9,700.. this guy confirm regret. Maybe those few that bought 1 bedder late into the launch at 1,7xxpsf also(their profits only 50-60k, may not earn anything after considering stamp duties/additional fees). The other ~40 owners should be celebrating
Yes, launch was 1400 to 1778 psf (given in second link below)... somehow the 1650/ 1700 stuck with me till today.. still remembered the most expensive ocr at that time

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/bullish-prices-for-jurong-condo-launch

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.asiaone.com/jurong-east-condo-almost-sold-out-launch-day%3famp

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 30-03-2020 at 12:14 PM..
Old 30-03-2020, 06:22 AM   #1101

Yes, launch was 1450 to 1778 psf (given in second link below)... somehow the 1650/ 1700 stuck with me till today.. still remembered the most expensive ocr at that time

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/bullish-prices-for-jurong-condo-launch

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.asiaone.com/jurong-east-condo-almost-sold-out-launch-day%3famp
Average of 1480psf with upper range 1778 psf, is not the same as 1480 to 1778psf?

In before someone comes in calling it "fake news", though probably such calls are made only against optimists.
frigatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #1102

Average of 1480psf with upper range 1778 psf, is not the same as 1480 to 1778psf?

In before someone comes in calling it "fake news", though probably such calls are made only against optimists.
Which project did you hoot Mr Frigatex? Congratulations!

Unfortunately its only the hot-head optimists/ property agents spreading "fake news" here. However no fake news detected today (or more like can't be bothered to check.)

Also, strange that we are writing about j-gateway and d1 in OLA thread.
holasingapura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #1103
Master Member

Actually i don't get why is there even a debate to begin with. OLA is definitely overvalue in today context. Ultimately all the new launch imo is just to see who is the bigger sucker or hot potato game. I really dont buy the agent BS posting here that claim people buy with feeling or aesthetic, which probably cost u 20% more compare to resale condo. 20% of 1 mill is 200k.
I mean agent are agent, their duty is to hype up the market and entice people to buy, its their job.
The developer overpaid for this project and they minimally want at least 30% on top of the bidding price to overcome the cost and gain some profit.
I hope buyer consider carefully as 5 yrs down the road, u need to find a bigger suker that is willing to pay 1400-1500 psf to even make it worthwhile selling. And these suker must be PR or Sporeans since its EC.
Things could get really ugly if this corona virus last for 1 yr. I hope buyer DYODD before buying.
Meanwhile bto beside the condo only cost what, 350 psf, even though i know its not apple to apple, but this is just silly.
holasingapura likes this.
xerces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #1104

At the end of the day, thereíll always be a price gap between new launches and resale. When the gap gets too wide, resale prices will then increase to narrow it (since both will be resale some day) itís just a matter of how wide can the gap go before it reflects in resale pricing.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...-to-40-in-2019

In 2019, new homes in the core central region (CCR) averaged S$2,953 per sq ft (psf), 40 per cent more than resale units' average of S$2,105 psf. The price gap yawned further for homes in the outside central region (OCR): new homes price reached S$1,447 psf, 43 per cent more against S$1,014 psf for resale units.

Covid-19 notwithstanding, with interest rates plunging, the spread is likely to expand even more this year.
According to Seth,
Resale to increase up to 40% to narrow the gap?
Then should buy resale to earn that 40% right?

Power la bro.
momoeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 10:58 AM   #1105

Actually i don't get why is there even a debate to begin with. OLA is definitely overvalue in today context. Ultimately all the new launch imo is just to see who is the bigger sucker or hot potato game. I really dont buy the agent BS posting here that claim people buy with feeling or aesthetic, which probably cost u 20% more compare to resale condo. 20% of 1 mill is 200k.
I mean agent are agent, their duty is to hype up the market and entice people to buy, its their job.
The developer overpaid for this project and they minimally want at least 30% on top of the bidding price to overcome the cost and gain some profit.
I hope buyer consider carefully as 5 yrs down the road, u need to find a bigger suker that is willing to pay 1400-1500 psf to even make it worthwhile selling. And these suker must be PR or Sporeans since its EC.
Things could get really ugly if this corona virus last for 1 yr. I hope buyer DYODD before buying.
Meanwhile bto beside the condo only cost what, 350 psf, even though i know its not apple to apple, but this is just silly.
Ah gong gives so much $, especially to F&Bs. Was at Compass One basement and people still queuing for food.
The multiplier effect may actually push property prices higher despite the virus thing.

Anyway for Ola, even $1k psf is not worth just because it is beside hospital. But I poor man cannot afford, say say talk talk lim kopi can liao.
momoeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #1106
Master Member

1993newbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #1107

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...-to-40-in-2019

According to Seth,
Resale to increase up to 40% to narrow the gap?
Then should buy resale to earn that 40% right?

Power la bro.
Bro I believe I mentioned narrow, not close up the whole gap

If you got any lobang for resale can up 40% do let me know
Old 30-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #1108

Bro I believe I mentioned narrow, not close up the whole gap

If you got any lobang for resale can up 40% do let me know
Resale catch up? Not possible for new launch to "catch down"? Sure its only one way?
Old 30-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #1109

Looks like the gap is widening and its driven by new launch pricing. Unlike what agent seth is selling, I do feel there is more room for new launch to "catch down". Read every post here with caution, (including mine).
Old 30-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #1110

Which project did you hoot Mr Frigatex? Congratulations!

Unfortunately its only the hot-head optimists/ property agents spreading "fake news" here. However no fake news detected today (or more like can't be bothered to check.)

Also, strange that we are writing about j-gateway and d1 in OLA thread.
Mr/Ms Hola (god knows which is real), a fake news spotter needs neutrality right? Well unless of course you have an agenda, which doesn't make you any different from those you're trying to distinguish.

And yes, we are detracting from the thread topic.
frigatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.