OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Michellewuu

Reaction score
Hi, just want to know any noise pollution from fighter jet in OLA location. Is that seriously bad? Saw some complaints online. Abit worried.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, just want to know any noise pollution from fighter jet in OLA location. Is that seriously bad? Saw some complaints online. Abit worried.
While I don't really like Ola for multiple reasons, having been around Sengkang Hougang for almost all my life, I would say no noise pollution there from any jets. Only nearer to National Day, a bit of it now and then.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score

Sharing my experience..... I stayed near to Buangkok MRT and directly under the flight paths of the jets for the past 13 years and on some days, I feel that the noise can be quite bad.

Beside the usual rehearsals prior to NDPs, there are flying throughout the year except during the periods of school examinations and PHs. Flying can be as early as after 7am and last till about 10am. There are few flying in the afternoons. Ocassionally, there are some evening flights from 7pm till about 9pm though these sessions are lesser than the day times. The flying invloves a mixture of fighter and propeller jets.

I'm not really bother by the noise since I'm not at home during most of the daytime during the pre-Covid. However during WFH nowsdays, I could not hold a proper tele-conversations when the flighter jets fly past.

Iniitally, I had OLA shortlisted but decided to drop due to the preceived noise from the jets.

I'm not sure how bad the noise pollution will be for OLA site since I dont frequent that area. However, it may not be as bad since OLA does not sits directly under the flight paths.

Michellewuu

Reaction score
Sharing my experience..... I stayed near to Buangkok MRT and directly under the flight paths of the jets for the past 13 years and on some days, I feel that the noise can be quite bad.

Beside the usual rehearsals prior to NDPs, there are flying throughout the year except during the periods of school examinations and PHs. Flying can be as early as after 7am and last till about 10am. There are few flying in the afternoons. Ocassionally, there are some evening flights from 7pm till about 9pm though these sessions are lesser than the day times. The flying invloves a mixture of fighter and propeller jets.

I'm not really bother by the noise since I'm not at home during most of the daytime during the pre-Covid. However during WFH nowsdays, I could not hold a proper tele-conversations when the flighter jets fly past.

Iniitally, I had OLA shortlisted but decided to drop due to the preceived noise from the jets.

I'm not sure how bad the noise pollution will be for OLA site since I dont frequent that area. However, it may not be as bad since OLA does not sits directly under the flight paths.
Thanks for ur input. In this case, not only OLA, PG and SKG will face the same issue as well. parc canberra is also near to sembawang airbase. It will be affected as well. Really no perfect choice.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Not so bad la. I wfh for nearly 2 years. It is like 1-2 mins with fighter jets flying over then maybe hours later 1-2 min with fighter jets going over. Then few hours later again. Is it frustrating, yes. Is it like u cannot sleep or work? No la. It is not like flying non stop from 7am to 10am. If so bad, Sengkang hospital patients would have all turn crazy. IMH would be a 20,000 bed hospital already la

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for ur input. In this case, not only OLA, PG and SKG will face the same issue as well. parc canberra is also near to sembawang airbase. It will be affected as well. Really no perfect choice.
I dont think the entire PG and SK will encounter this noise issue. Some areas may encounter louder noise levels than others especially if the areas are directly in the dlight paths. I have a friend who stays at PG and faces same issue with tele-conversations like me. It depends on the areas.

2 friends stays opposite Parc Canberra and they didnt encounter noise issue despite the Sembawang airbase is nearby.

Not so bad la. I wfh for nearly 2 years. It is like 1-2 mins with fighter jets flying over then maybe hours later 1-2 min with fighter jets going over. Then few hours later again. Is it frustrating, yes. Is it like u cannot sleep or work? No la. It is not like flying non stop from 7am to 10am. If so bad, Sengkang hospital patients would have all turn crazy. IMH would be a 20,000 bed hospital already la
Yes, it is definitely not a case of non-stop flying during those sessions. Thanks for pointing that out.
The noise can be pretty loud for me and it disrupts my rest during the day after my night shifts.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
I dont think the entire PG and SK will encounter this noise issue. Some areas may encounter louder noise levels than others especially if the areas are directly in the dlight paths. I have a friend who stays at PG and faces same issue with tele-conversations like me. It depends on the areas.

2 friends stays opposite Parc Canberra and they didnt encounter noise issue despite the Sembawang airbase is nearby.

Yes, it is definitely not a case of non-stop flying during those sessions. Thanks for pointing that out.
The noise can be pretty loud for me and it disrupts my rest during the day after my night shifts.
Yes. I think that is bad if you do shift work. Can ask ppl staying near Ola. I believe it is ok one because Sengkang hospital is there hence they cannot overdo one la. Sure kana complain like mad. Imagine hospital you need to do operations etc and also patients need to rest. Then whole day freaking plane blast past, you think the doctors, c suite staff can accept meh. Super kpkb one. That is the nice thing about near to hospital. Another thing I observed is that civil defence ambulance don’t really blast their siren anymore. They seems to have this very bright and catchy light that ask ppl to siam. Actually tan tock seng probably has the most emergency patient load according to stats. If those atas Novena owners got no problem, no need to worry about Sengkang hospital la. Novena is a “health city” surrounded by national centres, community hospitals, public and private hospitals. It is nearest to many expressway hence ttsh will get a lot of patients. Furthermore singapore only neuro institute is there (taking in all the critical neuro patients). If you think Sengkang hospital sound not bearable, then Novena is worst right? Similarly to Singhealth Outram campus (also atas central location). To be honest, 2021 already no need to worry about all these like bad fengshui. So many doctors/ nurses/ administrators staying at the private property around Novena. I don’t think they will suffer job lost, lost of health, list of wealth as compared to other sectors. Their jobs probably more secure than anyone else. Make sense? Don’t worry about the un-necessary la.

Those ppl looking at Ola should focus on layout, units, fittings, carpentry, quality of the workmanship instead because I don’t think the developer have the kind of track records like Piermont Grand and Park Greenwich. It seems like quality also a bit unknown. Not sure whether they give high end fittings like Grohe, or even anti slam cabinets etc…These are more crucial things to worry about

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. I think that is bad if you do shift work. Can ask ppl staying near Ola. I believe it is ok one because Sengkang hospital is there hence they cannot overdo one la. Sure kana complain like mad. Imagine hospital you need to do operations etc and also patients need to rest. Then whole day freaking plane blast past, you think the doctors, c suite staff can accept meh. Super kpkb one. That is the nice thing about near to hospital. Another thing I observed is that civil defence ambulance don’t really blast their siren anymore. They seems to have this very bright and catchy light that ask ppl to siam. Actually tan tock seng probably has the most emergency patient load according to stats. If those atas Novena owners got no problem, no need to worry about Sengkang hospital la. Novena is a “health city” surrounded by national centres, community hospitals, public and private hospitals. It is nearest to many expressway hence ttsh will get a lot of patients. Furthermore singapore only neuro institute is there (taking in all the critical neuro patients). If you think Sengkang hospital sound not bearable, then Novena is worst right? Similarly to Singhealth Outram campus (also atas central location). To be honest, 2021 already no need to worry about all these like bad fengshui. So many doctors/ nurses/ administrators staying at the private property around Novena. I don’t think they will suffer job lost, lost of health, list of wealth as compared to other sectors. Their jobs probably more secure than anyone else. Make sense? Don’t worry about the un-necessary la.

Those ppl looking at Ola should focus on layout, units, fittings, carpentry, quality of the workmanship instead because I don’t think the developer have the kind of track records like Piermont Grand and Park Greenwich. It seems like quality also a bit unknown. Not sure whether they give high end fittings like Grohe, or even anti slam cabinets etc…These are more crucial things to worry about

Personally, the close proximity of the hospital will bring the convenience when one ages; the time save if one can simply walk across for medical checks when he is old. That was one of the pull factors during my consideration.

Also, I was impressed by some of the fittings installed, liked the corner swing out metal organiser in the kitchen cabinets. There are no such fittings in some other projects. No wonder my agent shared with me that OLA developer is very thoughtful in this aspect compared to others.

However, the projected TOP was not on my side and I dropped OLA.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally, the close proximity of the hospital will bring the convenience when one ages; the time save if one can simply walk across for medical checks when he is old. That was one of the pull factors during my consideration.

Also, I was impressed by some of the fittings installed, liked the corner swing out metal organiser in the kitchen cabinets. There are no such fittings in some other projects. No wonder my agent shared with me that OLA developer is very thoughtful in this aspect compared to others.

However, the projected TOP was not on my side and I dropped OLA.
You need something urgently? Like Piermont grand? I saw 1 unit at rivercove when I was scouting for my private property. Maybe can consider those

earlgrey28

Reaction score
I stayed very near Ola. So far, dun have such issue. Only when near National Day then maybe.
Ya near hospital very convenience. If want go a&e etc, just walk over will do. Just that this hospital may not be the best as if want more experienced docs maybe usually they will be in other hospitals.

Last edited:

Michellewuu

Reaction score

Those ppl looking at Ola should focus on layout, units, fittings, carpentry, quality of the workmanship instead because I don’t think the developer have the kind of track records like Piermont Grand and Park Greenwich. It seems like quality also a bit unknown. Not sure whether they give high end fittings like Grohe, or even anti slam cabinets etc…These

Thanks for ur long story. Actually i made very fast decision to buy OLA. I visited showflat on Thurs and paid deposits on Sat. Just afraid of my choice units will be gone. In fact they are all gone in 2 weeks time. OLA has very good sales in Aug and Sep.
Only recently i found out the noise issues for PG and SK residences. Like others commented, i think the noise level is still managable.
Another issue is my master bedroom wall is facing to the west sun. I only knew the windows cannot face to the west, but i ignored the fact that wall facing the west is also not good. Sigh..... Now i just hope the wall quality is good enough to insulate some heat.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for ur long story. Actually i made very fast decision to buy OLA. I visited showflat on Thurs and paid deposits on Sat. Just afraid of my choice units will be gone. In fact they are all gone in 2 weeks time. OLA has very good sales in Aug and Sep.
Only recently i found out the noise issues for PG and SK residences. Like others commented, i think the noise level is still managable.
Another issue is my master bedroom wall is facing to the west sun. I only knew the windows cannot face to the west, but i ignored the fact that wall facing the west is also not good. Sigh..... Now i just hope the wall quality is good enough to insulate some heat.
How come ur master is facing west? Ola is all north south facing. Maybe a little bit of south but no west facing if I recall off my head.

Michellewuu

Reaction score
I stayed very near Ola. So far, dun have such issue. Only when near National Day then maybe.
Ya near hospital very convenience. If want go a&e etc, just walk over will do. Just that this hospital may not be the best as if want more experienced docs maybe usually they will be in other hospitals.
Thanks for ur input. Now i feel better. I am quite worried for past few weeks after i knew the noise issue. After paid 1mil dollars and found out the noise issue, my heart was broken.

Michellewuu

Reaction score
How come ur master is facing west? Ola is all north south facing. Maybe a little bit of south but no west facing if I recall off my head.
Stack 32 in blk 84
Master room wall facing to the west sun all year around
Too late to change mind... Sigh
Btw stack 32 is not only one got wall facing to west sun.
all PH units got sun from ceiling, morning and afternoon sun on walls.
My stack is not the worst case. Maybe i am too worried. Just hope for the best....

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Sengkang hospital is under Singhealth which is Singapore best healthcare clusters. Previously CEO is Prof Christopher Cheng, probably one of Singapore best urologists and trained in Mayo clinic (world best hospital). Ok one la. Only complain about Singapore public hospital is the long waiting time. I will go see both Ola and Parc then decide

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Stack 32 in blk 84
My stack is not the worst case. Maybe i am too worried. Just hope for the best....
Ok. I think I know why. Your master has another small glass panel by the side. Actually the room is extremely bright. Stack 28 also but they are blocked off by ur block. I think a little bit of west sun but not a lot. Shouldnt affect since it is about 1/2 window panel

Michellewuu

Reaction score
Ok. I think I know why. Your master has another small glass panel by the side. Actually the room is extremely bright. Stack 28 also but they are blocked off by ur block. I think a little bit of west sun but not a lot. Shouldnt affect since it is about 1/2 window panel
I am not too worried about this small glass panel. Just worried about wall facing to the west sun. I read online. Saying the wall will absorb heat and slowly release during the night. Sounds terrible.

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
Stack 32 in blk 84
I think wall nowadays have proper heat insulation done, so I’m not that worried. Windows do not have heat insulation, so that’s why ppl avoid west facing. Sg market prefer less heat over bright room so West Sun facing is not recommended

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it is great that Ola is all north south facing. Typically east side morning sun, west side afternoon sun. North and south perfect. Walls as mentioned will have insulation so really doubt it will be a huge problem.
Wasted Ola developer is not as reputable as compared to Piermont and Parc but still not bad la

zzz168

Reaction score
Stack 32 in blk 84
Just curious what's your reason for choosing 32 over 31 or 27?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.