HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Like Tree222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #106
Master Member

i second. just checked out both ola and parc canberra layout - ola floorplan layout comes out tops. 3BR and 4BR all are functional.

ola:
i guess if i were older i would go for the 4BR where the pseudo walk-in wardrobe for master BR is very attractive and the junior master is great. i really like the combined space for both dining and living - gives alot more room to decide how to size dining and living on my own

love the 3BR premium (1,055sqft) too. efficient layout where the door swings open to your living immediately. dining location is not the most ideal as i would prefer a dining area is tucked at a corner.

would love to drop by the showroom when it opens! can't wait

www.ytreporp.com/floorplan.php

ola the hallway is bigger leh. Do you really need a bigger kitchen also?

Last edited by bolster; 05-02-2020 at 10:13 AM..
bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #107

ola the hallway is bigger leh.
Is Ola one on the right?

If yes, Ola floor plan for this unit type comes up top, there is a junior master suite and the balcony are more functionally sized.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #108

i second. just checked out both ola and parc canberra layout - ola floorplan layout comes out tops. 3BR and 4BR all are functional.

ola:
i guess if i were older i would go for the 4BR where the pseudo walk-in wardrobe for master BR is very attractive and the junior master is great. i really like the combined space for both dining and living - gives alot more room to decide how to size dining and living on my own

love the 3BR premium (1,055sqft) too. efficient layout where the door swings open to your living immediately. dining location is not the most ideal as i would prefer a dining area is tucked at a corner.

Come come.. I include you in our VIP preview list??
Old 05-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #109
Master Member

Is Ola one on the right?

If yes, Ola floor plan for this unit type comes up top, there is a junior master suite and the balcony are more functionally sized.
Ic, the junior bedroom got toilet some more. But the size different.by 200sqft.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #110

With parc canberra selling at average $1080 psf, there is no good reason for developer to price below $1000 psf.
Unless... Fernvale lane EC developer successful bid is around $500 psf ppr.
Surrounding PCs around that area selling at $1.2k psf.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #111

ola:

I cfm going showroom and e-app. Just not decided to whether to eventually go for it.

The hospital is the single main factor affecting this decision, with surrounding ECs all launched at lower psf (25% lower). Not sufficiently justifiable in my opinion. Developer bidding it at a higher price is not a justification.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:05 AM   #112

Ic, the junior bedroom got toilet some more. But the size different.by 200sqft.
Can imagine a junior bedrm of 200 sqft costs almost the same as a 3rm BTO flat lol
Old 05-02-2020, 11:08 AM   #113

Is Ola one on the right?

Agree is very very functional. Personally, I think larger hallway also better. I don't like to "squeeze" back into the bedroom. Of course, I know some would think that large hallways are waste of space and for developers to earn more $ due to more "useless" psf.

Looking at fengshui wise, I feel the energy of Ola floor plan is better. Main door opens to a wall and not direct into the house. Don't know how to explain that here. Canberra floor plan, main door opens direct into the planned dining area. Only redeeming feature is not window on the other end, but also a wall. Not as ideal though.

Last edited by momoeagle; 05-02-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Old 05-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #114

ola:

OLA 4 br appears functional because of the MBR only.. if you really want to compare against parc canberra, you have to see the sqft difference.. almost 200sqft difference. thats like 200k

OLA looks nicer because of the bigger space, extra toilet. The plus point are the huge living space and MBR layout and the utility looks interesting (can be a maid's room or study room, have to see from showflat).

If you look closely, the kitchen is a huge waste of space with the table top in the middle, also, the yard area is so small, there is no space for a dryer, if you notice, the aircon ledge is super big, i am guessing the extra space is for people to hang their clothes (i'm not too sure). If you ask me i would knock down the wall and do some changes.

I would hack the walls (2 red lines), remove the fridge (red box), make a new wall along the 2 green boxes and add a bigger fridge + top/bottom cabinets, this will give me an additional "utility room" and additional shelving (I am not sure sure if the walls can be hacked but just see how much more space you have if you do something like this)

I highlighted the areas i feel is a waste of space

This is how i read the floor plan lah, the showflat might be totally different and prove that the kitchen is not a waste of space idk. if you are looking for 4 bedders it can be tricky cause it is very limited and parc canberra launch is earlier so the units might be gone if you wait for ola
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #115

Agree is very very functional. Personally, I think larger hallway also better. I don't like to "squeeze" back into the bedroom. Of course, I know some would think that large hallways are waste of space and for developers to earn more $ due to more "useless" psf.

Looking at fengshui wise, I feel the energy of Ola floor plan is better. Main door opens to a wall and not direct into the house. Don't know how to explain that here. Canberra floor plan, main door opens direct into the planned dining area. Only redeeming feature is not window on the other end, but also a wall. Not as ideal though.
Fengshui is very subjective.
Ola is facing the hospital, if people look at fengshui, i think this project would be totally strike off liao. You can add a partition but you cannot change the location.

Plus, the gas hob + water are side by side, 水火不容, some things can change some how to change ?
Polar Bear King likes this.
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #116
Master Member

Ola is facing the hospital, if people look at fengshui, i think this project would be totally strike off liao. You can add a partition but you cannot change the location.

Plus, the gas hob + water are side by side, 水火不容, some things can change some how to change ?

side by side seems fine. i think they're not supposed to directly opposite each other

https://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/desi...tove-and-sink/
aabeesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 01:23 PM   #117

Indeed very subjective. Based on own feel mah.
For me is almost totally strike off due to hospital. But will still look see look see.

Just saying based on floor plan only.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:19 AM   #118
Master Member

OLA 4 br appears functional because of the MBR only.. if you really want to compare against parc canberra, you have to see the sqft difference.. almost 200sqft difference. thats like 200k

OLA looks nicer because of the bigger space, extra toilet. The plus point are the huge living space and MBR layout and the utility looks interesting (can be a maid's room or study room, have to see from showflat).

If you look closely, the kitchen is a huge waste of space with the table top in the middle, also, the yard area is so small, there is no space for a dryer, if you notice, the aircon ledge is super big, i am guessing the extra space is for people to hang their clothes (i'm not too sure). If you ask me i would knock down the wall and do some changes.

I would hack the walls (2 red lines), remove the fridge (red box), make a new wall along the 2 green boxes and add a bigger fridge + top/bottom cabinets, this will give me an additional "utility room" and additional shelving (I am not sure sure if the walls can be hacked but just see how much more space you have if you do something like this)

I highlighted the areas i feel is a waste of space

This is how i read the floor plan lah, the showflat might be totally different and prove that the kitchen is not a waste of space idk. if you are looking for 4 bedders it can be tricky cause it is very limited and parc canberra launch is earlier so the units might be gone if you wait for ola
Very very good ideas!

4BR the bigger the better when the family is big and usually for own stay. The hacked areas actually opens up for a possible new dining area.

This means the living area can be maximized for the whole rectangle below the balcony. Play area/play mat for the kids is awesome
tanjiakpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:22 AM   #119
Supremacy Member

ola the hallway is bigger leh. Do you really need a bigger kitchen also?
Oh wow, EC floor plans look really efficient! If you think the circulation space is big here wait till u see some PC 3/4BR floor plans lol
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Forever84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:20 AM   #120
Master Member

Oh wow, EC floor plans look really efficient! If you think the circulation space is big here wait till u see some PC 3/4BR floor plans lol

actually, i think Piermont Grand 4Br layout is the best.

compare yourself using www.ytreporp.com/floorplan.php
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.