HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

For the old condo Orchid Park at Yishun, what's the chance of en-bloc if you buy now?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

Question For the old condo Orchid Park at Yishun, what's the chance of en-bloc if you buy now?

Agent is urging me to write check, but one thing I am worried about is the event of en-bloc. With seller's stamp duty @ 16% for first year, en-bloc will probably make me lose $ in first few years. How big is the chance of an en-bloc pay you higher by 16% of marketing value?

The unit I intend to buy has excellent view and it's one of the better location in the condo. Far from the road, pool view.. balcony etc. so price is higher than the others of same floor area. Will en-bloc take these factors into consideration when it comes to compensation..

Thank you for your suggestion..
Old 26-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #2

Agent is urging me to write check, but one thing I am worried about is the event of en-bloc. With seller's stamp duty @ 16% for first year, en-bloc will probably make me lose $ in first few years. How big is the chance of an en-bloc pay you higher by 16% of marketing value?

The unit I intend to buy has excellent view and it's one of the better location in the condo. Far from the road, pool view.. balcony etc. so price is higher than the others of same floor area. Will en-bloc take these factors into consideration when it comes to compensation..

Thank you for your suggestion..
No, enbloc will not factor in your high floor, fantastic views and designer reno. You can always try, but if anyone knows of any successful case based on these criteria, pray tell.

Don't think Orchid Park is going to enbloc any time soon.

Can you share more info about the unit? psf?
valkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

I doubt they will enbloc. If they do, all court to block it starting you lost money. Last time mine enbloc, other owners had to top up cause of one owner who lost money.
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

that condo really cmi liao
Forever_Yours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

that condo really cmi liao
high yield lo. i think easily 6 or 7% type one.

v hot in demand condo for tenants.
Old 26-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Orchid Park enbloc? Not happening in another 30 years.
fandango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

In fact, being a leasehold in Yishun, it will never be enbloc-ed.
Old 26-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

not true lo. leasehold doesn't mean no good. it's just whether if the location is good for enbloc.

orchid condo not in a very good location le. i believe estuary might get enbloc first.
Old 27-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

not true lo. leasehold doesn't mean no good. it's just whether if the location is good for enbloc.

orchid condo not in a very good location le. i believe estuary might get enbloc first.
Yes, leasehold enbloc depends very very much on location. In fact, your can count with one hand (five fingers) of leasehold enblocs in the history of singapore. It is that rare. Developers would not be willing to top-up the lease unless there are very good economical reasons. I am afraid Yishun is just not a very desirable district.
Old 27-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

high yield lo. i think easily 6 or 7% type one.

v hot in demand condo for tenants.
got meh? i asked an agent how much the rent a rental unit is fetching.. she said quite low and wont tell me the number..

Orchid Park enbloc? Not happening in another 30 years.
who says.. they got talks of en-bloc already..

but estuary location wise is worse? next to MRT track but farther from station.. what's more it's in the cross section of two big roads..

Yes, leasehold enbloc depends very very much on location. In fact, your can count with one hand (five fingers) of leasehold enblocs in the history of singapore. It is that rare. Developers would not be willing to top-up the lease unless there are very good economical reasons. I am afraid Yishun is just not a very desirable district.
but the location is quite near reservior right? if they build 30+ floor, then half of the units, i,e, those above 15th floor will be branded as reservior/nature reserve view and sell at a premium..
Old 27-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

I doubt they will enbloc. If they do, all court to block it starting you lost money. Last time mine enbloc, other owners had to top up cause of one owner who lost money.
dont understand the underlined.. i thought as long as 90% vote yes.. then they will go? are there any law saying as long as one losing money, the en-bloc is blocked?

No, enbloc will not factor in your high floor, fantastic views and designer reno. You can always try, but if anyone knows of any successful case based on these criteria, pray tell.

Don't think Orchid Park is going to enbloc any time soon.

Can you share more info about the unit? psf?
that's bad.. $750/sqft.. quite expensive but need a place to stay..
Old 28-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #12

dont understand the underlined.. i thought as long as 90% vote yes.. then they will go? are there any law saying as long as one losing money, the en-bloc is blocked?

that's bad.. $750/sqft.. quite expensive but need a place to stay..
Guess yours is about 958sf? Well if there are no particular attraction of Orchid Park to you except price, you can actually find cheaper psf ECs, e.g. in the Jurong area, or even Florida is cheaper.

Frankly, enbloc is the least of your worries at this juncture, focus your time on making a right choice in financial sense.
Old 28-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Guess yours is about 958sf? Well if there are no particular attraction of Orchid Park to you except price, you can actually find cheaper psf ECs, e.g. in the Jurong area, or even Florida is cheaper.

Frankly, enbloc is the least of your worries at this juncture, focus your time on making a right choice in financial sense.
I went to see two units at the Florida @ Hougang already, the units are all so big and my cash+CPF is not enough.. the Orchid park is the only one that I am happy with the environment and within my budget..

Do they have ECs at Jurong? I thought prices are Jurong East are rocket high due to the business development at Jurong East..

Last edited by ngeo12; 28-09-2011 at 05:38 PM..
ngeo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #14

There is Westmere in Jurong, and Windermere someWhere in the west too. For Florida, I thought the price psf was below $700 the last time I checked. Besides big condos, there are some old walkup apartments and those above shops you can look into.
Old 29-09-2011, 12:14 AM   #15
Supremacy Member

There is Westmere in Jurong, and Windermere someWhere in the west too. For Florida, I thought the price psf was below $700 the last time I checked. Besides big condos, there are some old walkup apartments and those above shops you can look into.
thank you.. i went to see Windermere and it was nice.. Actually I like Quintet better.. All above my budget of of up to $750k though..
Plus in that kind of places, rental yield is not so good..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.