HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Renovation contractor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #1

Renovation contractor

like to share my horrible experience with anyone looking for a contractor to do their house. I had the most horrible experience with Sheng Seng Contractorí P/L. This guy promised the sky but seldom fulfilled his promises. Work is shoddy and refuses to remedy to satisfaction. After midway through, he will claimed that additional work needed to finish an agreed scope of work otherwise cannot finish. Then he charges an arm for it. Itís like no choice, right? His initial quote very attractive to get the job but beware all the unexplained addition mid stream. Just be careful of this company. Give me lots of pain. Regreted engaging him and he will not hesitate to sue you. Anyone else got similar experience with this company?
Heartaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #2

i might be getting a contractor next year.. will rule them out

good luck to you

n i thought contractor more straightforward than ID
amokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #3

You can check is this company registered w redac ( there an assiociation) for this renovation Contractors. You can get the free booklet from town councils then file a feedback to them, some times you can get refund of some overcharge$$
Twinkle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #4

You can check is this company registered w redac ( there an assiociation) for this renovation Contractors. You can get the free booklet from town councils then file a feedback to them, some times you can get refund of some overcharge$$
Thanks for the advice . A friend told me that his friend living somewhere in the northeast also had bad experience with this same contractor. The contractorís son was rude and raise voice to owner. The owner had to ban him from enter his property. Sad
Old 16-03-2019, 08:04 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice . A friend told me that his friend living somewhere in the northeast also had bad experience with this same contractor. The contractorís son was rude and raise voice to owner. The owner had to ban him from enter his property. Sad
I understand the stress, itís like money spent but didnít get what you like worse if still hv lousy contractor,to add on always get them to fit fosnwhat they had promised in black n white. Cos before start everything ok, later canít. Usually they hv to go down to do marking upon confirmation and must try to be there, the 开工日 , need to be there , you can know the exact position like where and contractor can ask you and you cN seek the advise,.Cos st site and from floor plan lots of hidden items you might not aware.

Last edited by Twinkle Belle; 16-03-2019 at 01:31 PM..
Twinkle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #6

Thank you...yes, learned it the hard way. I had previous contractor before but this guy is beyond imagination of how much "see money eye big big" type of person. Cannot trust people that give sweet talk. He said I am so experience, done many houses and hotels etc etc...later, i found out he only did one house in the east. Even then, the owner was so piss with him... si peh jiak lat...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.