RES COURSE

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
Honorary Member

Sigh, so difficult to be agent these days
Old 19-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #17

Question Be your own agent?

Any agent can advise whether there's any restrictions in representing yourself as a buyer in a private property transaction?

I'm asking from the point of saving commission fee. i.e. I cobroke with the seller's agent to get part of the commission.

If the transaction is $2M and comms is 2%, can I get 50% as the buyer's agent?

This 50% is $10k. Spending 3 weeks and $1000 to get a RES license seems totally worth it. Even more worth it if the transaction amount increases.

Please enlighten. Thanks.
holysmokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #18

As a buyer for your own property, you have to declare to the seller that you are representing yourself and thus you cannot be collecting the commission (as an agent).
What if the buyer is my mother? or my friend?
holysmokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #19

What if the buyer is my mother? or my friend?
If you are representing your mom or friend, under the CEA ruling, you have to declare the the relationship to the seller upfront.

To get your comms payment, you need to be a registered agent with one of the property agencies. Joining an agencies typically cost you $500 joining fee (one time) and another $500 per year for CEA fees, insurance and email account. Please note that it will takes approximately 4 months before you can start practicing as an agent (assuming you pass at the first attempt) including 1 month to attend courses, 1 month for exam, 1 month for results and 1 month for CEA to conduct background check before issuing you a license. Your property agency will also take a cut of 20-30% of your earnings for the initial x no. of transactions.

The comm for buyer agent is typically 0.5% rather than 1% depending on how you negotiate with the seller or seller agent.

Best wishes on your endeavors and Happy Lunar New Year!
derong07 and true form like this.

Last edited by marineboy3300; 20-02-2013 at 02:41 PM..
marineboy3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #20

Do you have RES notes? I have difficult in passing RES exam. Hard to understand. Book and actual exam is totally ask different things. English is dame chin
Anyone here retaking paper 1 from March exam? After the changes in syllabus, found that most of the old notes details like calculation is no more in paper 1 new notes... Any others difference like more or lesser topics to memorize for paper 1?
hp93868686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #21

Anyone here retaking paper 1 from March exam? After the changes in syllabus, found that most of the old notes details like calculation is no more in paper 1 new notes... Any others difference like more or lesser topics to memorize for paper 1?
All the while calculation don't play a big part on the exam.

All about new regulation and stuff...

I never even used my calculator on my both paper.

Maybe once!!! I forgot.
noel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #22

Hi, I failed paper one but passed paper two for the recent May 2015 exams. Thought of appealing but does it help? Anyone appealed successfully before?
Or should I just register for the next exams in August? Kindly advise.
graciouscleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #23

Hi, I failed paper one but passed paper two for the recent May 2015 exams. Thought of appealing but does it help? Anyone appealed successfully before?
I think retaking is the better choice as plenty of res-to-be retake and pass. Never heard of people who appealed successfully before. Just my 2 cents.
scarletwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #24

Just retake it
Old 23-12-2015, 01:43 AM   #25
Banned

If you are representing your mom or friend, under the CEA ruling, you have to declare the the relationship to the seller upfront.

To get your comms payment, you need to be a registered agent with one of the property agencies. Joining an agencies typically cost you $500 joining fee (one time) and another $500 per year for CEA fees, insurance and email account. Please note that it will takes approximately 4 months before you can start practicing as an agent (assuming you pass at the first attempt) including 1 month to attend courses, 1 month for exam, 1 month for results and 1 month for CEA to conduct background check before issuing you a license. Your property agency will also take a cut of 20-30% of your earnings for the initial x no. of transactions.

The comm for buyer agent is typically 0.5% rather than 1% depending on how you negotiate with the seller or seller agent.

Best wishes on your endeavors and Happy Lunar New Year!
Friend also needs? How to define friend?
AceyourMaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 03:29 AM   #26

Friends no need lah.

Relatives only
Old 29-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #27

Thumbs up RES Exam App

I just completed my RES course with Benchmark... hope to pass at first try!

Btw I found this free app: http://resexam.sg

so far quite useful for practicing

Good luck bros!
starhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #28

Is there such a thing like I can attempt the exam on my own without attending the course? Just 1 attempt and if fail then it is compulsory to attend the course to take the exam.
Uno_Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #29
Master Member

Is there such a thing like I can attempt the exam on my own without attending the course? Just 1 attempt and if fail then it is compulsory to attend the course to take the exam.
no u will need to attend the course. it's a pre requisite.

just to ask for people who took the exams recently, is the financial calculator needed as our lecturers ask us to get it?
xiaoyuer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #30
Banned

I just completed my RES course with Benchmark... hope to pass at first try!

Btw I found this free app: http://resexam.sg

so far quite useful for practicing

Good luck bros!
Got android app bo?
AceyourMaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.