RES COURSE

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should be similar to CEA course in the past. anyway wat is your question regarding?

TA200

Banned
Reaction score
i want to know whats the format and is it tough cos i have a few friends considering to take the course and become agents=:p

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i want to know whats the format and is it tough cos i have a few friends considering to take the course and become agents=:p

should be similar. eg mcq plus short answer essays. y don't you give IEA a call instead? one of the authorised centres shld be able to answer u.

make sure yr friends got 4 o levels.

TA200

Banned
Reaction score
should be similar. eg mcq plus short answer essays. y don't you give IEA a call instead? one of the authorised centres shld be able to answer u.

make sure yr friends got 4 o levels.

sure.
but seems course provider and exam centers are different=:p

anddrool

Reaction score
There are only 2 providers. IEA and RealCentre Networks. RealCentre is cheaper $780 nett (Lecturers are good as well) wherelse IEA charges $980 for non-members.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i read there are 4 training centres, 2 as you mentioned and also life mastery and ntuc. life mastery belongs to propnex training wing.

anddrool

Reaction score

TA200

Banned
Reaction score
course already $700 plus, so all in all is about 1K plus:eek:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with the IEA RES course. The trainers and notes provided are good enough for me. I've passed the exam at the first attempt. If you attend the classes, pay attentention to the lessons and read through the notes, the chances of success is high. IEA gives a discount for student members. Check with them.

The exams are conducted by Informatics and NTUC Learning Hub only. The exam fees for 2 papers is $200+

There is no need to score in the exam but just get 60 marks for each paper to pass.

caseycheng

Reaction score
RES Course Online

Check out this RES Course training centre as well. rescourse.com, they have classroom followed by FREE online revision after each class. You can test yourselves with the exam questions online before the exams. Their training centres are located in the West and in International Plaza @ Tg Pagar MRT. :s12:

PioneerTraining

Reaction score
I think the IRS has a simple criteria of taking exams. There is no need to indulge into more hard work. It is based on a simple format.

charltonsz

Reaction score
RES Course

:s11:
Hi Bros,
Singapore Accredited Estate Agencies Limited
Hastor Property Services Pte Ltd

anyone tried before ?

and I also found passresexam.com

dont know how good it is ,

thanks

holysmokes

Reaction score
Be your own agent?

Any agent can advise whether there's any restrictions in representing yourself as a buyer in a private property transaction?

I'm asking from the point of saving commission fee. i.e. I cobroke with the seller's agent to get part of the commission.

If the transaction is $2M and comms is 2%, can I get 50% as the buyer's agent?

This 50% is $10k. Spending 3 weeks and $1000 to get a RES license seems totally worth it. Even more worth it if the transaction amount increases.

Please enlighten. Thanks.

marineboy3300

Reaction score
What if the buyer is my mother? or my friend?

If you are representing your mom or friend, under the CEA ruling, you have to declare the the relationship to the seller upfront.

To get your comms payment, you need to be a registered agent with one of the property agencies. Joining an agencies typically cost you $500 joining fee (one time) and another $500 per year for CEA fees, insurance and email account. Please note that it will takes approximately 4 months before you can start practicing as an agent (assuming you pass at the first attempt) including 1 month to attend courses, 1 month for exam, 1 month for results and 1 month for CEA to conduct background check before issuing you a license. Your property agency will also take a cut of 20-30% of your earnings for the initial x no. of transactions.

The comm for buyer agent is typically 0.5% rather than 1% depending on how you negotiate with the seller or seller agent.

Best wishes on your endeavors and Happy Lunar New Year!

Last edited:

hp93868686

Reaction score
Do you have RES notes? I have difficult in passing RES exam. Hard to understand. Book and actual exam is totally ask different things. English is dame chin

Anyone here retaking paper 1 from March exam? After the changes in syllabus, found that most of the old notes details like calculation is no more in paper 1 new notes... Any others difference like more or lesser topics to memorize for paper 1?

noel13

Reaction score
Anyone here retaking paper 1 from March exam? After the changes in syllabus, found that most of the old notes details like calculation is no more in paper 1 new notes... Any others difference like more or lesser topics to memorize for paper 1?

All the while calculation don't play a big part on the exam.

All about new regulation and stuff...

I never even used my calculator on my both paper.

Maybe once!!! I forgot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.