HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SBF - November 2018

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #151

First timer. Also targetting low enough number to select. Haha. Also using mcps

You go fr Tengah also quite a long wait time isnt it?
Yea Tengah will be a much longer wait, and no guarantee of a good q number judging from the high applicants now. But it gives us a little more time to save up, get married, etc. Maybe should just hoot SBF first and think later lol.
Milo Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #152

BTO estates almost all oversubscribed now..
Only Yishun is under subscribed.
Popeye_7510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #153

Yea Tengah will be a much longer wait, and no guarantee of a good q number judging from the high applicants now. But it gives us a little more time to save up, get married, etc. Maybe should just hoot SBF first and think later lol.
BB sbf the flats are all ready or almost ready liao. Quite a rush to get married before taking the house keys liao. Haha. But up to you man. Hopefully we are future neighbours. Haha
AnonymousGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #154

I bidded for Bukit Panjang 4 rm SBF!
9 slot only :'( and super oversubscribed haha

Saw left over units from when i mid the may SBF for it too. some familiar unit numbers.
Fluffybearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #155

Me and my bf both still studying Uni now and my bf parents stay in amk so I wonder if we apply for amk sbf got chance or not. But we alr got appointment for Aug Rof in December .... but the Aug Rof choice in amk only left one for Chinese🤦🏻 I can apply concurrently right?

Last edited by imsingyi; 15-11-2018 at 05:53 PM..
imsingyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #156

I read from a 2015 SBF blog post that the wait for the ballot results is 90 days = 3 months... Is it still the same now?

P.S. No more appealing because it seems like so far hardly anyone online has gotten results from appealing for ballot, only appeals for loans/ finances work leh.
throwawaygrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #157

I read from a 2015 SBF blog post that the wait for the ballot results is 90 days = 3 months... Is it still the same now?

P.S. No more appealing because it seems like so far hardly anyone online has gotten results from appealing for ballot, only appeals for loans/ finances work leh.
It's stated about 2.25 months in HDB website
cashec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #158
Supremacy Member

My fiance and I have a special circumstance which we will try to appeal... Basically, our parents stay in the same block. The SOBF we are looking at is within 1km.

Because both set of parents share the same postal code, our eligible radius for the MCPS is only 4km instead of about 4km x 2 😂. Does anyone have previous experiences to share for this issue?
Very curious how y’all met! Are you dating your neighbour? Were you childhood sweethearts?
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #159
Supremacy Member

I am sure there are many HDB dwellers that are very contented to stay in their flats that are bought in the 70s/80s forever. However this year is really a turning point when government has announced not all HDB flats will be eligible for VERS or SERS.

Now here comes the unintended consequences. Due to practical reasons HBD owners with aging flats will start to ballot for second BTO flats thus creating a 'false' demand. The whole idea is to get a new flat with a fresh lease not due to upgrade or downgrade.

BTO exercises will continue to be oversubscribed in the next few years for sure. Prices for HDB resale flats with less than 60 year lease will continue to be depressed except for those near CCR.

Last edited by Mr.Canberra; 15-11-2018 at 08:24 PM..
Mr.Canberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #160

I gave up for BTO launch. Just applied for SBF in mature estate.
Hopefully my 3rd time balloting will get a queue number, even better small number.

Luckily can apply for MCPS even though my parents live just beside the estate that I'm applying, but still near.
Also so happy can also apply PPS (Parenthood Priority Scheme).. maybe with this two schemes will help us to get a roof over our head.

Good luck to all as well.
slogd3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #161
Master Member

Anyway it was such a coincidence because when my fiance and I were surveying the empty units, another couple came to see the same unit too 😂 then we faster siam haha.
That happened to me and my fiancee the last time for May 2018 SBF!
can you enter the empty flat for viewing?
foozgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #162
Supremacy Member

Of course not. But you can see the surroundings and guesstimate the bearings of the unit.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 10:02 AM   #163

question- I applied under MCPS, but after applying the summary page shows Public Scheme under Scheme. Is this by default?
please update here when u hear from hdb. i'm interested to know too. thanks!
I was at HDB yesterday and clarified as i've applied under MCPS too.
It's considered under MCPS - Public Scheme.

So the MCPS is already factored in once you've selected it and filled in your parents particulars.
aoraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #164
High Supremacy Member

I bidded for Bukit Panjang 4 rm SBF!
9 slot only :'( and super oversubscribed haha

Saw left over units from when i mid the may SBF for it too. some familiar unit numbers.
same lol. 60 applicants for 9 units. many will be disappointed.

was the May bid your first?
rizal5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #165

By standing at the corridor and looking at the floor plan you are holding, you should be able to figure out where the rooms or windows will be facing etc.
Milo Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.