SBF - November 2018

elu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied and got a Q successfully during the BTO launch in Aug (Punggol).
Unfortunately, plans have changed and I can no longer wait 5+ years for BTO completion (I have yet to be called up for unit selection).

Can I instead proceed to apply for this SBF exercise?

guards80

Reaction score
Unfortunately, plans have changed and I can no longer wait 5+ years for BTO completion (I have yet to be called up for unit selection).

You have declared that you have booked a flat from HDB and yet to collect the keys.

Please note that applicants who have earlier booked a flat from HDB but wish to participate in this BTO/ Sale of Balance Flats exercise will have to cancel their application for booked flat first, before submitting a new application under this exercise (subject to current eligibility conditions). The usual forfeiture for such cancellation will apply.

You can login to My HDBPage using your SingPass to submit a request to cancel your application for booked flat.

guards80

Reaction score
question- I applied under MCPS, but after applying the summary page shows Public Scheme under Scheme. Is this by default?

hmm think is default... maybe can call HDB and check. i forget what is show when i apply mcps on may 2016 bto

giffgaff

Reaction score
You have declared that you have booked a flat from HDB and yet to collect the keys.

Please note that applicants who have earlier booked a flat from HDB but wish to participate in this BTO/ Sale of Balance Flats exercise will have to cancel their application for booked flat first, before submitting a new application under this exercise (subject to current eligibility conditions). The usual forfeiture for such cancellation will apply.

You can login to My HDBPage using your SingPass to submit a request to cancel your application for booked flat.

hmm?? i dont think he has booked any flat yet. am i not reading correctly?

elu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No, I have yet to make a booking. Have combed through the FAQs but could not locate an answer to my question.

maybe he can login cancel then apply for SBF.. the best is call hdb and check

Yea, unfortunately the HDB hotline is closed for the day. Since the night is still young (hah!) , hope to hear from anyone who might have underwent this process before :)

giffgaff

Reaction score
No, I have yet to make a booking. Have combed through the FAQs but could not locate an answer to my question.

Yea, unfortunately the HDB hotline is closed for the day. Since the night is still young (hah!) , hope to hear from anyone who might have underwent this process before :)

please update here when u hear from hdb. i'm interested to know too. thanks!

AnonymousGuy

Reaction score
Curious question. Is there a percentage of flats reserved for first timers for SBF, like the normal BTO?

nonameisme

Master Member
Reaction score
It works for BTO as well as 30% is allocated to MCPS.

For resale, it is additional grants.

enhancement-to-proximity-housing-grant.jpg;wae8aa9d9f13f4938d

For proximity grant.. it allow in BTO flat? I look thru the HDB pages. It only stated for Resale only.

Anyone applied for proximity grant thru BTO?

Emolisher

Reaction score
For proximity grant.. it allow in BTO flat? I look thru the HDB pages. It only stated for Resale only.

Anyone applied for proximity grant thru BTO?

As stated, it’s only for resale and you are asking about BTO in a SBF thread???

finicky

Reaction score
Just a query, I'm over 35 and thinking of applying a unit under sbf, single owner scheme.

Does it mean I can only pick the two room flexi units?

TIA

yes single 35 above can only apply 2 room flats & for SBF there is a certain amount of flats that are reserved for ppl above age 55. so the chances of getting a flat is rather small.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Themes/HDB/Answers.aspx?MesId=18940573&From=Show&TOPV=YES&VMesID=15296459

Selected Question:
Q:
I have been invited to select a flat under an earlier sales exercise. Can I still submit a flat application for a Sale of Balance Flats exercise?
A:
As long as you have not booked a flat and are able to meet all the eligibility conditions to buy a flat from the HDB, you may submit an application for a Sale of Balance Flats exercise.
We would, however, like to highlight that first-timer applicants who have been offered a chance to select a flat but choose not to do so, will be considered as having rejected a flat offer once. For those who reject the chance to select a flat the second time, their first-timer priorities will be removed for a period of one year.
From the July 2013 Build-To-Order exercise onwards, Second-timer applicants and First-timer singles who do not book a flat twice when invited to do so will have to wait out one year before they can participate in any HDB sales exercises.

wineen

Reaction score
Hi all if I choose Bukit Merah with 5 room better chance or Clementi 5 room? Bukit Merah just left six for choose... I need house for my new born baby 😭

Emolisher

Reaction score
Hi all if I choose Bukit Merah with 5 room better chance or Clementi 5 room? Bukit Merah just left six for choose... I need house for my new born baby 😭

Clementi I suppose a lot of unit, but the price there is ridiculous >.<

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.