SBF - November 2018

elu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
please update here when u hear from hdb. i'm interested to know too. thanks!

To answer my own question - Yes, I will be able to submit an application for this SBF exercise. No need to cancel the existing Q number I had for the earlier BTO exercise.

Managed to get this from HDB hotline today :)

throwawaygrad

Reaction score
Submitted application for Jurong West/East... fingers crossed.

My fiance and I have a special circumstance which we will try to appeal... Basically, our parents stay in the same block. The SOBF we are looking at is within 1km.

Because both set of parents share the same postal code, our eligible radius for the MCPS is only 4km instead of about 4km x 2 😂. Does anyone have previous experiences to share for this issue?

Emolisher

Reaction score
Submitted application for Jurong West/East... fingers crossed.

My fiance and I have a special circumstance which we will try to appeal... Basically, our parents stay in the same block. The SOBF we are looking at is within 1km.

Because both set of parents share the same postal code, our eligible radius for the MCPS is only 4km instead of about 4km x 2 😂. Does anyone have previous experiences to share for this issue?

Well, it doesn’t matter which side of your parent’s address you are using for the MCPS as it will only matter if your ballot queue was chosen during the priority scheme balloting and they have to head down to sign for you that upon the completion of your flat, for 5years, they can’t move or sell off their flat.

So you and your SO have to discuss with both of your side on whose address can you all use and do they have plans to move or sell off the house within this 5 years

abramovich

Reaction score
yes single 35 above can only apply 2 room flats & for SBF there is a certain amount of flats that are reserved for ppl above age 55. so the chances of getting a flat is rather small.

Yes… i can tell u that the chances r almost equal to ZERO! i had my $10 x 2times makan up by HDB b4 i realise that… u sld try your luck in BTO… and even then i had tried 7 times for 3yrs b4 i finally got a number which is 2X the available units… but i "lucky" that when my turn still got the smaller 36sqm units available so i ll juz pick 1… will most probably TOP by end 2019… the 1st $10 i put in is exactly the week i turn 35… come next yr end 2019 i am already 41!! So u better not waste any time on this SOBF…

finicky

Reaction score
thanks for sharing with us & i am glad that u have gotten your own flat!!

Yes… i can tell u that the chances r almost equal to ZERO! i had my $10 x 2times makan up by HDB b4 i realise that… u sld try your luck in BTO… and even then i had tried 7 times for 3yrs b4 i finally got a number which is 2X the available units… but i "lucky" that when my turn still got the smaller 36sqm units available so i ll juz pick 1… will most probably TOP by end 2019… the 1st $10 i put in is exactly the week i turn 35… come next yr end 2019 i am already 41!! So u better not waste any time on this SOBF…

throwawaygrad

Reaction score
Well, it doesn’t matter which side of your parent’s address you are using for the MCPS as it will only matter if your ballot queue was chosen during the priority scheme balloting and they have to head down to sign for you that upon the completion of your flat, for 5years, they can’t move or sell off their flat.

So you and your SO have to discuss with both of your side on whose address can you all use and do they have plans to move or sell off the house within this 5 years

The flats our parents currently own are their second purchases already and they are happy to live out their lives here. That's the reason why we want it so badly, to be near our parents.

I was just wondering if we can appeal for more priority in balloting as unlike other couples who have 2 geographical locations where they can go for MCPS, we only have one. But probably not many couples in singapore have the same postal code so let me check with HDB and update back 😂

throwawaygrad

Reaction score
Anyway it was such a coincidence because when my fiance and I were surveying the empty units, another couple came to see the same unit too 😂 then we faster siam haha.

terrorblade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway it was such a coincidence because when my fiance and I were surveying the empty units, another couple came to see the same unit too 😂 then we faster siam haha.

That happened to me and my fiancee the last time for May 2018 SBF! :s13:

aoraki

Reaction score
applying punggol 4rm again~ this is 3rd time... :(

anyone knows if my Q for previous May SBF, my queue is 400+, but selection is not completed yet, does that mean i will have an extra +1 ballot chance for Nov SBF?

As i saw that after 2 unsuccessful application, there will be +1 ballot chance.

Also, will MCP scheme increase the % chance also? :s11:

tolong tolong give me small number this time

zidmosby

Reaction score

Normal lor. When I went to survey last year, bumped into many couples lol. Just glad the process is over and done with. Competition getting stiffer.

zidmosby

Reaction score
Yeah. But 2nd timers also quite rabak sia. So little flats available, quite alot of applicants.

It's just the data. Your luck is a completely different thing. The first time I applied during Nov 2016 I got 448/350 for a first timer. Some second timers got a better number than me.

AnonymousGuy

Reaction score
It's just the data. Your luck is a completely different thing. The first time I applied during Nov 2016 I got 448/350 for a first timer. Some second timers got a better number than me.

Yup. All depends on luck. That HDB computer holds our fate in its CPU.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.