Sept 14 BTO- Hougang/Buangkok

scorpio31

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone heard if the Buangkok Crescent area is safe? Because I've heard about the area being dangerous at night. Also saw some news on stomp for molest case this year. Thanks!

kandisc

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone heard if the Buangkok Crescent area is safe? Because I've heard about the area being dangerous at night. Also saw some news on stomp for molest case this year. Thanks!

That area is pretty quiet at night, I went to look at that place a few weeks ago. There are a few blocks of pretty new HDB nearby and a Giant supermarket. It was pretty quiet when I went by. Also, the IMH is not too far away. (I think)

scorpio31

Reaction score
Hmm not quite sure if this place has good accessibility too? Not too attractive at first sight because Buangkok mrt is not even at a walkable distance away. Is this a bto worth going for?

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
lol Singapore no more space.

If don't buy, you want to wait till price rise up further then buy ar? Even bto's price will also rise up.

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like its beside a completely new road and new plot of land. Definitely will be quiet since its behind IMH and MRT depot so probably nobody will walk to that area unless those staying at there.

I have been walking home from Buangkok mrt at night, sometimes midnight will walk to Buangkok mrt there to eat supper, so far have been safe for me and its quite bright too. Sometimes will have few bangalas walking at that area because of the construction but generally its quite safe for me and my family.

kandisc

Reaction score
Hmm not quite sure if this place has good accessibility too? Not too attractive at first sight because Buangkok mrt is not even at a walkable distance away. Is this a bto worth going for?

There is one bus there I think. 101

kandisc

Reaction score
Thanks kandisc n rollbread! :) I saw that area has bus 88 to amk too. Hopefully with bto, there will b more buses. Do y'all know if there's anymore bto aft sept's launch?

I'm sure there will be. I know there will be another round of SOBF in Nov.

johnjin

Reaction score
There will be new routes on the side which led to the TPE according to the master plan 2014. Bus service might be go to seletar mall and bk mrt I guess. The surrounding has no blockage, as there's only the mrt depot and private estate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.