Sumang Walk EC

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Sumang EC likely to be launching in June / July. CDL was awarded the site in early March 2018. Got to wait 15 months before they can sell. So that takes us to June 2019. Going to be called the Piermont Grand EC. Analysts say break-even is around $1,050, so expect selling price to average $1,150 PSF. That's close to what Treasure Trove and Parc Centros nearby are selling at, for private condo.

"A Treasure Trove was launched in September 2011 and 683 units were sold at a median price of $915 psf. Watertown was launched in January 2012 and 770 units were sold at a median price of $1,169 psf.
Parc Centro from Wee Hur Holding were sold at an average price of $950psf during launch in July 2012."

All these years, these 3 projects had appreciate 20% from launch price, this EC priced so close to nearby private, its not even 20% lower, maybe benchmarking Watertown current transacted price?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
All these years, these 3 projects had appreciate 20% from launch price, this EC priced so close to nearby private, its not even 20% lower, maybe benchmarking Watertown current transacted price?

Benchmarking new launch prices as usual. Benchmarking against benchmarks.

Looks easy for developers to play with the market. Can simply bid higher for the next few land sales and expect their current project to sell by convincing buyers that prices are going to rise, "guaranteed" capital appreciation.

fotoudavid

Reaction score
I don't think so can sold out fast. Must see the unit layout and factoring in the demands of first timer and hdb upgraders.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think so can sold out fast. Must see the unit layout and factoring in the demands of first timer and hdb upgraders.

Demands of first time and upgraders should be there bah.. I think the only factor stopping it to sell out should be price only...

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
When is this going to be launched? This forum is becoming dead and boring again. Perhaps just like the market?

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s pricing may cross $1100 psf.

coolstardy

Reaction score
LOL!! $1100 for an EC with HDB restrictions? I’m sure there are many private condos going at that rate. They probably make it “affordable” by making it micro size. Don’t fall into the trap....

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
LOL!! $1100 for an EC with HDB restrictions? I’m sure there are many private condos going at that rate. They probably make it “affordable” by making it micro size. Don’t fall into the trap....

Guess when you reference that to other new launches like how agents always do, it becomes less ridiculous.

Its the only EC this period, so probably many will still attack..:o

fotoudavid

Reaction score
I look at bounce units from rivercove recently, it crossed $1050 psf. And it's all sold out the 6 units about.

I think this suman ec can sell fast....

Last edited:

joeubk

Reaction score
Paying>$1000sqf for such an ulu place? I think I am better off getting a HDB or resale condo near town area.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Paying>$1000sqf for such an ulu place? I think I am better off getting a HDB or resale condo near town area.

Many like it new and want to be first hand owners. Some also probably want to take full advantage of government grants/subsidy. How much are these grants anyway? Can someone enlighten us, perhaps it makes EC at $1,200psf still look attractive.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
I look at bounce units from rivercove recently, it crossed $1050 psf. And it's all sold out the 6 units about.

I think this suman ec can sell fast....

I think when closer to top date, it will sell at higher price like sales of balance flat..

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Guess when you reference that to other new launches like how agents always do, it becomes less ridiculous.

Its the only EC this period, so probably many will still attack..:o

If priced between 1000psf to 11psf, confirm will sold out within this 3 years period before it TOP

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.