is there a webpage for us to check original BTO price?

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but what about the resale guy who brought for 570k!

he can never recoup his losses! example accrued interest!

Even if can never recoup the accrued interest, there is no real loss. That's a small price compared to rental for staying in the flat during that period and he actually is using his CPF for that period of staying instead of paying cash for rental of premises :s13:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
...BUT cpf + accrued interest to return back is 500k. Agent fee and lawyer fee 13k so balance only 57k cashed out. Also not enough to cover his next property stamp duty and reno. :s13:

so can BP seller sell u below 400k? then he have to owe cpf money if with accrued interest is 400k or higher?
哩個麼accrued interest係因為賣家之前有同建屋局借錢而有嘅。係嗎?
如果屋主向建屋局借嘅錢早還清咧?嗰個accrued interest會唔會少d?

derong07

Reaction score
Shd spend more effort searching. Dig deeper.....u may be able to find the time machine. :D

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score
but what about the resale guy who brought for 570k!

he can never recoup his losses! example accrued interest!

Life is unfair. The sooner people realise this and adapt, the better. Just make your capital appreciation via other means

I’m also buying resale as I cant BTO with my partner, to peg expectations to BTO pricing is plain unrealistic.

If anything, I was caught unawares by the speed of HDB transactions. Good units are few and they get taken fast. Simply put, market is market. You can generally outperform the market by a slight margin but if a place is drastically cheaper than the last dones, you should really be worried, not happy.

Good units are already gone in a jiffy if you dally, much less entertain any notion of lowballing

kindaichi83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Life is unfair. The sooner people realise this and adapt, the better. Just make your capital appreciation via other means

I’m also buying resale as I cant BTO with my partner, to peg expectations to BTO pricing is plain unrealistic.

If anything, I was caught unawares by the speed of HDB transactions. Good units are few and they get taken fast. Simply put, market is market. You can generally outperform the market by a slight margin but if a place is drastically cheaper than the last dones, you should really be worried, not happy.

Good units are already gone in a jiffy if you dally, much less entertain any notion of lowballing

yeah, this is sad... the unit taken up

many desperate kumgong arounds... making lives sad for people with a little brain like us

no wonder kumgong go spent 1mil on hdb flats

likehotbutter

Master Member
Reaction score

many desperate kumgong arounds... making lives sad for people with a little brain like us

it has nothing to do with desperate kumgongs

many households out there are earning a decent salary. a young grad couple with 2-3 work experience earning around the 12k mark will easily get a 600-700k bank loan for HDBs. On the equivalent salary, the banks can easily offer >1.3 million for Condo purchases also

but you need the 20% deposit and not many people have that liquid cash on hand or necessarily have both partners with a CPF account to buffer the deposit for ECs/Condos.

So what do they do? Buy a resale lor and yet been able to do so with a big war chest

song bo?

Hazelnuts1102

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey uncle I think if u continue to have this thinking u forever no need to buy a resale flat. The market has been like that ever since hdb flats existed!!!

It took a flat owner for almost 10 years (from the moment he pay deposit to hdb till he is able to sell his flat) to have that flat value to appreciate 50%

U buy now 10 years later u sell 700k loh.
I think u are the kumgong coz u don’t know how to count your maths.

There is every reasons why people choose to buy bto or resale. The reasons are usually the compliment of each other.

I bet u don’t draw out a pro and con table for both type of flats hence have this thoughts.

If u does u definitely know the differences.

Hazelnuts1102

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe he eat rice without cooking lah.

Or maybe his boss forgets to give him salary increment coz his boss only remember the price when hire him never factor appreciation. 10 years ago $1600 10 years later also $1600 coz that is his original price

This TS, I think when he go hawker centre and eat, he will quote the price of raw rice and only willing to pay 10 cents for a bowl of white rice

Last edited:

Hazelnuts1102

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tell u what. U forget about buying resale flat coz it will never happened that it will be like what u expected that is 20% above bto price.

Coz if that going to happened means Singapore going to collapse already because property price drop to the lowest ever since sg independent and that means economic is really sucks. U can see 80%of people jobless on the street.

U better wait till your neck sibei long liao and u eligible to buy bto then u apply bto ok

kindaichi83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tell u what. U forget about buying resale flat coz it will never happened that it will be like what u expected that is 20% above bto price.

Coz if that going to happened means Singapore going to collapse already because property price drop to the lowest ever since sg independent and that means economic is really sucks. U can see 80%of people jobless on the street.

U better wait till your neck sibei long liao and u eligible to buy bto then u apply bto ok

u talk so much

u the kumgong or bloodsucker?

derong07

Reaction score
I am a very kumgong bloodsucker. :s13:

Selling my BTO flat now and gg to buy a resale flat concurrently. If the sellers of the resale flat are willing to sell me at 20% above the price that they had bot at, I will definitely be more than happy to sell my BTO flat at only 20% above the price that I had bot at. WOooooo.........:s12:

derong07

Reaction score
u talk so much

u the kumgong or bloodsucker?

If the seller sells u at juz 20%-25% above what they had bot at initially; when he can easily sells btw 40%-50% above (market pricing), who becomes the kumgong? when u are the seller, will u do so? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.