HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #136

Yup, the same thing may happen for treasure at tamp and also Florence residences. No one knows.

Yea , back then parc and HPR launched from 398k. Now subsale HPR for
Studios sold at 480-515k.

Parc rosewood appreciated to 515-530k recently. Not so bad for these type of location. Furthermore Woodlands new MRT line opening soon. Parc rosewood located one bus stop away from one of the new mrt entrance or 5-7mins walk away.

Parc rosewood rental on average 1.5-1.7k for the 1 bedder.
Back then many play the wait and see game. Say ulu la , no potential la, bla bla bla
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 07:43 PM   #137

Yea , back then parc and HPR launched from 398k. Now subsale HPR for
Studios sold at 480-515k.

Parc rosewood appreciated to 515-530k recently. Not so bad for these type of location. Furthermore Woodlands new MRT line opening soon. Parc rosewood located one bus stop away from one of the new mrt entrance or 5-7mins walk away.

Parc rosewood rental on average 1.5-1.7k for the 1 bedder.
Back then many play the wait and see game. Say ulu la , no potential la, bla bla bla
I always think CEL very lucky.
They seems to always hv the luck to bid the land at reasonable price, managed to sell and clear most of their units.
HIgh park residence, grandeur park are all sell out/near sell out projects.
Park colonial also doing reasonably well, thanks to woodleigh residence high land bid price.
Recently kampong java CEL also got the land cheap. Will be interesting to know what is their launch price like. Those with ammo can take note.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 21-03-2019 at 10:26 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #138

Kingsford Waterbay was launched back in 2015 at avg $1100psf.

Currently at avg $1400psf.

So buyers who bought in 2015 will be able to sell soon without inccuring any SSD, with potential profit of abt $300psf or 27% gain.

Eh not sure if you noticed, the transactions virtually stopped after the latest round of cooling measures, and out of the 2 transactions, the psf drop to S$1166 (for one of the larger units). Who is going to buy those units at S$1400 psf now?
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #139

Eh not sure if you noticed, the transactions virtually stopped after the latest round of cooling measures, and out of the 2 transactions, the psf drop to S$1166 (for one of the larger units). Who is going to buy those units at S$1400 psf now?
that unit is PH though. launched at +- 900psf. so % gain is pretty much similar.
anyways the subsales didn't reach anything too close to 1400psf, that's the last 100-200 units from developer sales.

1400psf is a bit optimistic for this project right now
coolstrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #140

For those who r Long enough in property investment understands the rule of the game. They Know which project can buy, they study market trend, they are aware of the current land bid price and they make sure they have good holding power to ride the tides. though I must admit profit gain and rental are getting tougher. Unlike 2003 era.
But I rather it stays this way with CMs in place, keeping price in check and see gradual appreciation.
Roller coaster kind of scenario is bad for home owners and investors.

For those who don’t understand will keep complaining, wait and wait, try play smart and time the market.
Becos most don’t understand the law of inflation.
Thanks for your sharing, can’t agree more.

You mention inflation, but it is a serious problem for the government when our private property inflation rates exceeds growth in real wages by multiples. My view back then was that the initial rounds of cooling measures in 2010-2013 did not go far enough. The latest round of cooling measures is closer to the level of measures needed to rein-in a runaway property market. You can be sure if prices head for another 5% plus increase in less than a year, the government will definitely step in yet again and you don't want to be stuck with a property investment you cannot liquidate at a good price. In this regulatory environment, you need a lot of holding power if you are buying for capital appreciation and cannot depend on rental yield to cover your mortgage buying at today's prices.
Asphodeli likes this.
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #141

You mention inflation, but it is a serious problem for the government when our private property inflation rates exceeds growth in real wages by multiples. My view back then was that the initial rounds of cooling measures in 2010-2013 did not go far enough. The latest round of cooling measures is closer to the level of measures needed to rein-in a runaway property market. You can be sure if prices head for another 5% plus increase in less than a year, the government will definitely step in yet again and you don't want to be stuck with a property investment you cannot liquidate at a good price. In this regulatory environment, you need a lot of holding power if you are buying for capital appreciation and cannot depend on rental yield to cover your mortgage buying at today's prices.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Perhaps I wld like to share mine as well.

When govt first introduce CMs betw 2010-2013, they have to do it gradually and cannot straight away go too hard, too fast or go overboard becos it will have a lot of negative impact on property price. If go too hard, property price may crash overnight and those who buy during peak will immediately dio marginal call from bank. This is not what govt wants. They want to curb, not to exterminate.

I always like to think TDSR is the Mother of all CMs, the rest are just side kicks, even ABSD.

While you may think property price inflation rate exceed real wage by multiple, then may I pose a question back to u? Has our TDSR lost its effectiveness? How come so many pple’s loan still get approved when they bought at high price? Does that mean these pple have over leveraged and TDSR has failed as a good scrutiny tool?

Share with u something interesting.
Back in 2017, My Property Agent showed me 5 cheques he collected from his prospective buyers in a very hot project launched in 2017. Out of these 5 Cheques, 4 of them are 2nd property buyers. I’m perplexed and was wondering why so many pple so stupid and dun mind paying 7% ABSD.
Until when I Look at July 2018 CM, over 1k unit sold over one night just becos most buyers want to avoid 12% ABSD. To Them, paying 7% ABSD seems like a steal. Haha.
Look at the article reports on treasure now, some buyers are even prepared to pay 12% ABSD for the treasure. Very scary and crazy right? Lol.

One of the edwmers aphel14 had already summarized and pointed out the favourable conditions (in Singapore) explaining why property investment still remains as one of the popular investment proposition in Singapore.

Yes, nothing is sure win, but As Long as there’s enough liquidity/cash circulating in the market, the buying sentiments will still continues, though not as rampant as it used to be in the past. Thanks to our CMs.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 22-03-2019 at 05:41 PM..
Old 22-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #142

that unit is PH though. launched at +- 900psf. so % gain is pretty much similar.
anyways the subsales didn't reach anything too close to 1400psf, that's the last 100-200 units from developer sales.

1400psf is a bit optimistic for this project right now
U are right.
That unit is from 16-20 floor (highest floor) and the psf is lower than the rest because it includes the high ceiling void areas.
Currently, Kingsford waterbay on average is ard 13xxpsf for normal units.
Old 22-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #143
Master Member

Look at the article reports on treasure now, some buyers are even prepared to pay 12% ABSD for the treasure. scary and crazy right? Lol.
Waiting to see how well would Teasure do... and how many are 2nd property buyers who're willing to fork out the 12% ABSD. siao liao. Further more it's more like 12%ABSD + 3% stamp duty.

Last edited by microtek; 22-03-2019 at 05:29 PM..
microtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #144

Waiting to see how well would Teasure do... and how many are 2nd property buyers who're willing to fork out the 12% ABSD. siao liao.
Hehe I not very optimistic this project will sell well.
Maybe moderate sales nia. But we can’t deny it is one of the cheapest new launch. Should hv some supporters.

The moment I think of Sim Lian and 2203 units already turns me off.

Haha, let’s get ready our pop corn and watch the show. They are launching it earlier by 1 week.
23 March will know how good it performs.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 23-03-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Old 22-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #145
Master Member

Hehe I not very optimistic this project will sell well.
Maybe moderate sales nia. But we can’t deny it is one of the cheapest new launch. Should hv supporters.

The moment I think of Sim Lian and 2203 units already turns me off.

Haha, let’s get ready our pop corn and watch the show. They are launching it earlier by 1 week.
23 March will know how good it performs.
Hahha my pop corn is ready. I had a good laugh when Florence Residences flopped so hard.
Old 22-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #146
Master Member

see you guys tml for the balloting good luck to all
Runez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #147

see you guys tml for the balloting good luck to all
Good luck in getting your choice unit.
I still think this is a Low risk project as Long as u no need pay ABSD.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 22-03-2019 at 05:45 PM..
Old 22-03-2019, 06:11 PM   #148

My advice, no rush to buy. Chances are your choice units will still be available after this weekend. Price wise, you never know what it will be at the end of the year if only less than 10% cleared this weekend...
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #149
Master Member

My advice, no rush to buy. Chances are your choice units will still be available after this weekend. Price wise, you never know what it will be at the end of the year if only less than 10% cleared this weekend...
Yep.. go to the showroom and look around. If there are barely any buyers then just walkout.
Old 22-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #150
SBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks there are > 500 Cheque In the ballot box.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.