Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #256
Master Member

2K+ units

average 1 household is 3 pax.

if fully sold...u are looking at 6k pax in Treasure...

Think carefully
If I live there I'd probably be ordering food panda and redmart a lot... no point fighting with the traffic. LOL
microtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #257

If I live there I'd probably be ordering food panda and redmart a lot... no point fighting with the traffic. LOL
Yesterday I purposely drive there, treasure very near round market. Saw a lot eateries there.
Haha no need order food panda la.
Old 25-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #258

yah - its a very convenient area for food!
marksoymilksg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #259

The smallest units are studios, not 1 bedroom. There are no walls to enclose and form a bed room. Hopefully buyers realised what they are buying.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #260

yah - its a very convenient area for food!
there is no 24hrs food over the round mkt...

at night at the round mkt only the fish head steamboat and a zi char...close abt 10pm

u have 2 kopitiam along the road...close ard 10pm too...

else u walk to blk 107..there the choice is limited too...

Blk 802 or 929 is quite far...
reallyworry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #261

Yea Treasure market their studios as 1 bedder. Really weird marketing.

I have some single friends got turned off by the studio. Now they looking at resale one bedder instead. No walls how to have guest over. Weird le open concept, Macam hotel style.

If want studio type might as well get sub sale High Park, TOP Soon. Can move in directly.
Sub sale studio there sold for 480-515k only. Getting keys soon somemore

The smallest units are studios, not 1 bedroom. There are no walls to enclose and form a bed room. Hopefully buyers realised what they are buying.

Last edited by 1993newbie; 25-03-2019 at 03:20 PM..
1993newbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #262

When i was there last time, walking to Simei MRT is a real pain in the butt. cos the overhead bridge is those type with the slope...looks near but spends more time climbing the bridge than walking....no prob if you are cycling or taking PMDs though.

Tip: Best units are those in the middle. Else if you are located near Simei MRT side,...u are far from fairprice and the round market. Conversely if u located near fairprice side, u are far from Simei MRT. dont forget the whole place is HUGE.
yongsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:53 PM   #263

thats awesome tip on getting the middle units! thanks!
Old 25-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #264

When i was there last time, walking to Simei MRT is a real pain in the butt. cos the overhead bridge is those type with the slope...looks near but spends more time climbing the bridge than walking....no prob if you are cycling or taking PMDs though.

Tip: Best units are those in the middle. Else if you are located near Simei MRT side,...u are far from fairprice and the round market. Conversely if u located near fairprice side, u are far from Simei MRT. dont forget the whole place is HUGE.
How long to walk to Simei mrt?
Brown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 06:00 PM   #265

How long to walk to Simei mrt?
Around 10mins~
simonghl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #266

If you scroll up or ask around, you get replies of 10 to 15 mins walk, some say 15 to 20 minutes. To really find out, try walking on a hot day or rainy day, then ask yourself, are you acceptable to that? If future buyers and tenants can accept that? Then, decide if you want to do it regularly and commit to a unit there.
Old 25-03-2019, 07:17 PM   #267

If you scroll up or ask around, you get replies of 10 to 15 mins walk, some say 15 to 20 minutes. To really find out, try walking on a hot day or rainy day, then ask yourself, are you acceptable to that? If future buyers and tenants can accept that? Then, decide if you want to do it regularly and commit to a unit there.
I purposefully walked around 2pm on a hot day. It's about 7 mins from the side gate facing the butterfly garden, to simei mrt. I guess it would be around 10 mins from the center units. Walking inside the development is easier I believe.

On the model I noticed the path inside the butterfly garden leading to overhead bridge will be fully sheltered when top. Shelter all the way to the path under the mrt track.

I think it is kind of shelter from the sun but the mrt track might not shelter you from the rain.
vclee4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #268

You are 100% correct. I live in St11 and the road heading out to PIE were already packed back when Tampines Court was still around, it was not uncommon to spend 10-12 mins or more even before hitting PIE if you drive out after 8am. Treasures have tripled the amount of units as compared with Tampines Court, and I think buyers here will drive/Grab given its really not so close to MRT. The slip road itself will be packed with both the Treasures and non-Treasures commuters.
How long will the traffic last during peak hours? How about evening peak hours?

I thought the slip roads might help to help in this to some extend?
vclee4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 08:22 PM   #269

How long will the traffic last during peak hours? How about evening peak hours?

I thought the slip roads might help to help in this to some extend?
If the new slip road was only for treasures residents then yes it will alleviate the conjestion. But no, this new slip road is a public road. In fact this new slip road will be roughly located at where the 2nd entrance of Tampines court is today. The location of the current 2nd guard house becomes the entrance of the new slip road in future. The new treasures 2nd entrance/exit is approx in the middle of the slip road. You can imagine exiting the treasures guard house and driving into a yellow box with traffic snaking all the way back to street 11. This traffic will consist of residents who exited the 1st treasures guardhouse along street 11, existing street 11 residents as well as Drivers along ave 2 who use street 11 as a short cut to enter PIE (instead of turning left prior to Safra at the main ave 2 to enter pie)

Ask any agent this and provide this scenario. See how they respond
ck_ian69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #270

Buying a property is not like buying a shirt, dyodd.
I discovered what some brothers and sisters here discovered, by driving along the narrow road during peak hours (then imagine and extrapolate the traffic with 2,2xx more residents).
I also walked the bridge which has no stairs but layers and layers of ramp. (I would have taken just half a minute if the bridge has stairs like any normal overhead bridge).
If you are happy after studying these discussion points, then all the best. As I mentioned, the level of tolerance for different people differ.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.