HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2019, 04:45 PM   #301

as a resale buyer for EC, also needs to fulfill a fresh 5yrs MOP as well, correct?
Donít think so. But I think if you sell within 3 years, will kena SSD.
killershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 06:00 PM   #302

Yes, as its still within the 10 year moratorium period, so a EC is considered the same as HDB resales, to which the MOP rule applies.

I think MOP only makes sense if there is value unlocked after the 10 year moratorium, ie the price increase after foreigners are eligible to buy the EC.
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 09:20 PM   #303

Also consider a Developers past record. For example, difference between CDL or some xxx developer.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #304

Yesterday I purposely drive there, treasure very near round market. Saw a lot eateries there.
Haha no need order food panda la.
Let me guess, you were there for morning breakfast? I was there too!
rider83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #305

as a resale buyer for EC, also needs to fulfill a fresh 5yrs MOP as well, correct?
EC must fulfill 5 years MOP.

Resale buyer also must fulfill 5 years MOP of their unit (if applicable) before they can book an EC.
Zetrio2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 02:39 PM   #306

Resale buyer also must fulfill 5 years MOP of their unit (if applicable) before they can book an EC.
After 5 years MOP, EC can be sold as private but only to Singaporean and PR right?

I am looking at Arc @ Tampines. I saw 2 to 3 bedder going at about 900 psf.

Is it a better deal than the current condos around that stretch like Qbay, Santorini etc?

Any advice?
vclee4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #307
Master Member

After 5 years MOP, EC can be sold as private but only to Singaporean and PR right?

Is it a better deal than the current condos around that stretch like Qbay, Santorini etc?

Any advice?
Yes for selling only to SG n PR i think, after 10 then foreigners

Better deal or not depends on yourself also, like do u like huge developments or smaller ones, etc etc

some cheaper psf but layout abit stupid also not worth it de
Old 28-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #308

Any advice?
You don't have much choice do you ?
Q Bay, Santorini etc are priced much higher than Arc.
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 04:25 PM   #309

There are some units on resale which means they probably got MOP waiver. Price seems to be around 1100psf, which is considerably lower than Treasures. However I don't really fancy the layout of the Trilliant units and the Balconies are just too large.

if needs to fulfill 5yrs MOP even as a resale buyer, then think Trilliant 1100psf is not worth. As can get new Sumang EC also around this rate since have to fulfill same for 5yrs MOP.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #310

Let me guess, you were there for morning breakfast? I was there too!
Hehe actually I not going there for breakfast, but it was a pleasant surprise to me that the treasure can move 272 units in one weekend, so I purposely detour there take a look and try understand some of its attributes.

I always like to reccee around to look for new/good projects, part of my weekend past time, hehe.
Old 28-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #311

Any advice?
It depends on ur Budget and what u want.
I always set a benchmark that for an entry level EC and PC, price difference is around 250 to 300psf difference. If the GAP is very narrow and within your Budget, u may want to consider a PC instead as u will not be restricted by MOP/HDB rulings.

But u need to be prepared that Qbay, Santorini there can be quite ulu. Plus a few other condos there like Alps, tapestry, waterview....etc

Thatís probably the reason y for those who are familiar with Tampines area, they rather go for new launch like treasure at 12xxpsf which is not too far off compared to EC price. It is near to round market as well but the downside is too many units and by SL. Some bros here also mentioned abt the heavy traffic condition etc.

With this, u can weigh the pros and cons to decide.
Old 28-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #312

I personally don't really like Arc@tamp, multi story car park, units feel very clustered together (clubhouse, the units, etc), and they don't have a playground.
Best part is there is a structure with a circle at the center with a plant in it, looks like they are building a shelter for the plant.
If you happen to go viewing for that project, go check it out, its beside the swing, it made me lol and wonder what is that thing for.
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 08:11 PM   #313

5 year MOP only apply to the first 5 years of the EC, there is no MOP if you are buying a resale EC from someone who has already fulfilled the 5 year MOP, only difference between resale EC and PC is you cannot sell to foreigner, can only sell to foreigner after the EC is 10 year old.
d5dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #314

You don't have much choice do you ?
Q Bay, Santorini etc are priced much higher than Arc.
I personally don't really like Arc@tamp, multi story car park, units feel very clustered together (clubhouse, the units, etc), and they don't have a playground.
Best part is there is a structure with a circle at the center with a plant in it, looks like they are building a shelter for the plant.
If you happen to go viewing for that project, go check it out, its beside the swing, it made me lol and wonder what is that thing for.
I am actually not quite familiar with Qbay area. I arrange viewings for Arc@Tampines this weekend for its 3 bedder, from photos it looks like pretty crammed.
Old 28-03-2019, 09:25 PM   #315

It depends on ur Budget and what u want.
I always set a benchmark that for an entry level EC and PC, price difference is around 250 to 300psf difference. If the GAP is very narrow and within your Budget, u may want to consider a PC instead as u will not be restricted by MOP/HDB rulings.

But u need to be prepared that Qbay, Santorini there can be quite ulu. Plus a few other condos there like Alps, tapestry, waterview....etc

Thatís probably the reason y for those who are familiar with Tampines area, they rather go for new launch like treasure at 12xxpsf which is not too far off compared to EC price. It is near to round market as well but the downside is too many units and by SL. Some bros here also mentioned abt the heavy traffic condition etc.

With this, u can weigh the pros and cons to decide.
Thanks for the advice bro.

Arc@Tamp owners are only selling after MOP. If i buy resale there, what other HDB ruling still apply besides can not sell to foreigner? With the amount of ABSD, I wonder if any foreigner will buy also.

I am still new to the market and trying to understand the sentiment here. For me, Arc@Tampines is about 30+% cheaper than The Tapestry and location to me seems similar.

Few doubts :
1. Is the quality different between PC and EC? Heard some rumors but not sure.
2. Why would so people still prefer new launches and wait for 3+ years, rather than moving into a resale in a few months? It seems easier for upgrader /people selling off existing condo to buy a new one/people buying second condo and rent out the first one

Shed some light please?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.