HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree167Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #436

Hmm not so high, I remember about 13xx to 14xx

Sims urban oasis launch price I think is $1500 - $1600....
Clazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #437

True.. But this project is based on new regulation, that is average minimum size is 85sqm. So likely it will be larger quantum and comparable launch psf. Ppl who can't afford large quantum will still look for SUO. Also, if market sentiment is good, the developer beside suo plot might jack up the price.

Looking at this:
https://sbr.com.sg/residential-prope...-en-bloc-fever

It looks like SUO owners are in for a nightmare. Just nearby, you get newer, more reputable developer (better as less crowded?) and possibly cheaper.

Also, it showed the worst performing new launch in the market in terms of percentage of units sold as compared to total in development.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:51 PM   #438

Hmm not so high, I remember about 13xx to 14xx
If $1300 - $1400 is OK bah
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #439

If $1300 - $1400 is OK bah
If one pays 1300 to 1400 psf to be within walking distance of Aljunied mrt, why do people want to pay 1700 psf to be near Eunos mrt? Aljunied is nearer to CBD as compared to Eunos, right?

Makes me wonder....

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 05-04-2019 at 04:17 PM..
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #440

If one pays 1300 to 1400 psf to be within walking distance of Aljunied mrt, why do people want to pay 1700 psf to be near Eunos mrt? Aljunied is nearer to CBD as compared to Eunos, right?

Makes me wonder....
because 1.3-1.4 is 2 years ago.
and resale SUO units are going at 1.6k+ already.
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #441

because 1.3-1.4 is 2 years ago.
and resale SUO units are going at 1.6k+ already.
There have only been 5 resales units based on URA stats, only 2 of those resales units are around 1.6k, the rest seems to be around 1.3-1.4 k plus. Who is seriously going to buy SUO resale units at 1.6k plus these days?
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #442

There have only been 5 resales units based on URA stats, only 2 of those resales units are around 1.6k, the rest seems to be around 1.3-1.4 k plus. Who is seriously going to buy SUO resale units at 1.6k plus these days?
you are looking from URA stats ?
there are 5 transactions, 3 being at 1733 sqft, now find how many sales are there for 1733 sqft for new sales + resale, then compare that number against how many levels are there for the project =) enjoy

also - try googling in guru/srx for sims urban and see how much are the real sellers selling them for
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #443

I see it abit differently since I’m vested in D14, so I did quite abit of research.
To begin with, i reccee the area around SUO and there’s really nothing to shout about though it is only 350m away from Aljunied mrt station. It is facing expressway, surrounded by industries and hdb. Surrounding gives me a very depressing feeling.
When I reccee Parc Esta, Eunos mrt is right directly across the road, that side gives me a more vibrant feeling probably due to many eateries around. But I still don’t quite like that area because it is surrounded by hdb and quite noisy. Anyway, I’m not a fan of mega projects with 1399 units.

PLQ is a different league altogether though paya Lebar mrt is one stop away from Aljunied mrt though Aljunied is nearer to town. But don’t forget PLQ main draw factor is the proximity to tons of malls, 2 mrt lines and 3 grade A office. It’s a township developed by lend lease. There’s gonna be major rejuvenation there.
So to me, since both Aljunied and Eunos mrt are just one stop away from Paya Lebar, it doesn’t makes much difference to me which one is being nearer to town.

Basically, I look at the 3 areas in totality, being Paya Lebar area being the most premier, follow by Parc Esta and lastly SUO.
But undeniably, the Low land bid price at sims drive is gonna have direct impact on the SUO resale price. But it’s still early to tell if this Low land bid price will affect Parc Esta as well. After all, this sims drive new land site is subjected to 85sqm rules. So if its bigger units sells at 1400psf, I think it is a reasonable price. SUO resale asking price has to be more realistic by then.

To be honest, even SUO was launched 13xx to 14xxpsf, it was never to my liking after I research that area.
I know where bro “think carefully” is coming from. He is comparing the mrt stations nearest to town.
U really need to reccee the place and experience the feeling.

I really feel sorry for those who bought resale SUO paying 1.5 to 1.6kpsf.
This is a good example of buying the wrong resale.
It may take them years to repent.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 05-04-2019 at 06:53 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #444
High Supremacy Member

Looking at this:
https://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/in-focus/developers-lose-pricing-power-after-en-bloc-fever

It looks like SUO owners are in for a nightmare. Just nearby, you get newer, more reputable developer (better as less crowded?) and possibly cheaper.

Also, it showed the worst performing new launch in the market in terms of percentage of units sold as compared to total in development.
Hong Leong Holdings and City Developments’ top bid of $383.5m or $732 psf ppr for the Sims Drive site translates into an estimated breakeven point of approximately $1,175 psf ppr and an average selling price (ASP) of $1,350 psf, assuming a 15% margin.”.

can share how is breakeven point calculated?
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #445

Hong Leong Holdings and City Developments’ top bid of $383.5m or $732 psf ppr for the Sims Drive site translates into an estimated breakeven point of approximately $1,175 psf ppr and an average selling price (ASP) of $1,350 psf, assuming a 15% margin.”.

can share how is breakeven point calculated?
732psf land bid price) + 350psf (construction cost) + 331psf (other cost plus 10-15% profit) = 1400psf thereabout.

My fear is CDL being a reputable developer, they usually have “lobang” to reduce construction cost or other overhead cost. That’s y whistler grand can launch cheaper than twin vew despite land price for whistler grand is higher than twin vew.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #446

732psf land bid price) + 350psf (construction cost) + 331psf (other cost plus 10-15% profit) = 1400psf thereabout.

My fear is CDL being a reputable developer, they usually have “lobang” to reduce construction cost or other overhead cost. That’s y whistler grand can launch cheaper than twin vew despite land price for whistler grand is higher than twin vew.
There is no need to fear as long as they maintain quality and upkeep their reputation.

Those who bought earlier at sky high prices have more to fear.
annetyu likes this.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #447

There is no need to fear as long as they maintain quality and upkeep their reputation.

Those who bought earlier at sky high prices have more to fear.
Hehe, U misunderstood my fear.
I am confident CDL can maintain the same good quality and they have the connection to do it at a lower construction cost.
This means SUO buyers will Kenna pawn big time as the new launch could be less than 13xxpsf.

Those who pay 1.5-1.6kpsf for SUO resale will take years to repent.
zinedine and annetyu like this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 05-04-2019 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #448

Concluded, treasure still OK 😂
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:48 PM   #449

The walking distance is not the same. And the time of launch not the same too.

Makes me wonder....
Old 05-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #450

It is wrong buy but then who will know in advance the this plot is launched luckily after 2018 Jul cm and that the bid is low? If gov want treasure to die, they can also launch a plot beside treasure now.

Hehe, U misunderstood my fear.
I am confident CDL can maintain the same good quality and they have the connection to do it at a lower construction cost.
This means SUO buyers will Kenna pawn big time as the new launch could be less than 13xxpsf.

Those who pay 1.5-1.6kpsf for SUO resale will take years to repent.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.