HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree170Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #451

When people are telling you price will shoot up, and what you are buying is higher than surrounding development, buy at your own risk.This is because you are relying that the trend will continue upward and buying at future high price.

When there are people buying surrounding units at higher price and the price now is lower, then it may be safer to buy as there are already surrounding units at higher prices for you to ‘step on’ and these high price units will take the first rap when market tanks. Look at the previous example of P, T and W and perhaps take a cue.
zinedine likes this.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #452

It is wrong buy but then who will know in advance the this plot is launched luckily after 2018 Jul cm and that the bid is low? If gov want treasure to die, they can also launch a plot beside treasure now.
Govt understands there’s current oversupply this year and thus, they have announced that they will not release too many land for bidding this year, else oversupply will worsen. Just that sway sway the sims drive site was released next to SUO after CMs.

Last year nov 30, there’s already news on sims drive site and middle road site will be released for bidding. This is after July 2018 CM. Resale buyers of SUO obviously not aware of this. Or probably didn’t expect the bid price was as Low as 732psf ppr.

URA releases private homes sites at Dairy Farm Walk, Sims Drive, Middle Road and Tan Quee Lan Street
https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...2020%3A04%3A43
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 05-04-2019 at 09:40 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:01 PM   #453
High Supremacy Member

Hehe, U misunderstood my fear.
I am confident CDL can maintain the same good quality and they have the connection to do it at a lower construction cost.
This means SUO buyers will Kenna pawn big time as the new launch could be less than 13xxpsf.

Those who pay 1.5-1.6kpsf for SUO resale will take years to repent.
This is a good example of buying the wrong resale.
noted. lesson learnt is compare psf across e district. make sure ur resale or new launch psf is not e highest?
chopra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:59 PM   #454

Well, if you are saying resale buyer of suo, then they didn't do sufficient homework I guess. But the main bulk of the new buyers are unlucky.

Like high park is lucky because Parc botannia was bidded, launched, and sell at good psf and good volume. So it stands to gain. But now that you think about Parc botannia 13xxpsf, is it worth it?

Govt understands there’s current oversupply this year and thus, they have announced that they will not release too many land for bidding this year, else oversupply will worsen. Just that sway sway the sims drive site was released next to SUO after CMs.

Last year nov 30, there’s already news on sims drive site and middle road site will be released for bidding. This is after July 2018 CM. Resale buyers of SUO obviously not aware of this. Or probably didn’t expect the bid price was as Low as 732psf ppr.

URA releases private homes sites at Dairy Farm Walk, Sims Drive, Middle Road and Tan Quee Lan Street
https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...2020%3A04%3A43
annetyu likes this.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:00 AM   #455

Certain cases are clear cut, some not.
The case of project WR is clear cut. They wanted to launch RCR at 1,900 to 2,000 psf without full condo facilities. Right across the road, another new launch, project C is launched at 1700 psf, with full condo facilities. If you were forced to buy, which would you choose?

Sure enough, WR managed to sell less than 5% of total units during launch weekend and have now closed their show flat.

Another ploy you have to look out for is Developers dropping prices. There are several projects, just mention two here, project G and A (quite close to each other) which only sold 10 to 15 % of total units during launch weekend. They have subsequently reduced their prices by about 10%. Ask yourself, if you had swarmed the tent during launch, queue and ballot and bought a unit, now prices fall by 10 to 20%, how do you feel being the early bird or early sxxxxr?
The Paronama is one project which the developer realised they were too euphoric in bidding and they wrote off losses as they cannot find buyers who want to pay the prices they paid for the land and building...

Hopefully Treasures (which sold only 10 to 15% during launch weekend) does not disappoint the early birds by becoming desperate to move units.
annetyu likes this.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:06 AM   #456

Well, if you are saying resale buyer of suo, then they didn't do sufficient homework I guess. But the main bulk of the new buyers are unlucky.

Like high park is lucky because Parc botannia was bidded, launched, and sell at good psf and good volume. So it stands to gain. But now that you think about Parc botannia 13xxpsf, is it worth it?
Can’t say SUO first buyer unlucky cos the initial launch price is around 13xx to 14xx psf. Just that they need to be realistic about their future asking price since the site next to it is ard 1400 psf. Also not forgetting the sims drive is subjected to 85sqm restriction.

The resale buyers of SUO that pays 1.6kpsf are the sway ones.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:13 AM   #457

The case of project WR is clear cut. They wanted to launch RCR at 1,900 to 2,000 psf without full condo facilities. Right across the road, another new launch, project C is launched at 1700 psf, with full condo facilities. If you were forced to buy, which would you choose?

Sure enough, WR managed to sell less than 5% of total units during launch weekend and have now closed their show flat.

Another ploy you have to look out for is Developers dropping prices. There are several projects, just mention two here, project G and A (quite close to each other) which only sold 10 to 15 % of total units during launch weekend. They have subsequently reduced their prices by about 10%. Ask yourself, if you had swarmed the tent during launch, queue and ballot and bought a unit, now prices fall by 10 to 20%, how do you feel being the early bird or early sxxxxr?
The Paronama is one project which the developer realised they were too euphoric in bidding and they wrote off losses as they cannot find buyers who want to pay the prices they paid for the land and building...

Hopefully Treasures (which sold only 10 to 15% during launch weekend) does not disappoint the early birds by becoming desperate to move units.
WR is a case of heading towards suicidal. Likewise for the garden residence.
Affinity is also one of them but its saving grace is the new mrt announcement.
Smart pple won’t buy the above 3 projects during launch. They are all set to fail, not surprising.

I feel park colonial, Tre Ver, park Esta is priced quite reasonably in my opinion.
Treasure has the lowest psf so far and thus, for those with limited Budget, it still has its group of supporters.
My gut feel is treasure can’t go any lower judging from my Guess that upcoming EC will be crossing the 1-1.1kpsf bar soon.
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 06-04-2019 at 01:20 AM..
Old 06-04-2019, 07:18 AM   #458

If buyers do a lot of research, this sim drive plot really throw in big hint that market is slowing down. Who will want to buy other projects considering that this plot could launch at 14xxpsf? Even treasure at 12xxpsf will appear exp. Well of course each unit in this plot will have bigger quantum but if you afford, wait for it to launch.

Can’t say SUO first buyer unlucky cos the initial launch price is around 13xx to 14xx psf. Just that they need to be realistic about their future asking price since the site next to it is ard 1400 psf. Also not forgetting the sims drive is subjected to 85sqm restriction.

The resale buyers of SUO that pays 1.6kpsf are the sway ones.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #459

Can someone enlighten what WR, G and A are? I'm quite new to this...

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #460

If buyers do a lot of research, this sim drive plot really throw in big hint that market is slowing down. Who will want to buy other projects considering that this plot could launch at 14xxpsf? Even treasure at 12xxpsf will appear exp. Well of course each unit in this plot will have bigger quantum but if you afford, wait for it to launch.
I Guess the new launch price will remain flattish for quite some time.
It’s now a game of tug of war betw buyers and developer. See who give in first.

Developer enbloc/bid the land too high also can’t give too much discount.
Buyers now all adopt the wait and see attitude due to oversupply. But some may need to buy a home desperately for personal reason.

The bargain buys will not be those enbloc sites bought at high price by developer.
The bargain buys will be the subsequent land bid price during this time when market has softened and when there’s oversupply. perhaps the sims drive site is just a start. (But for that area, if 1400psf and subjected to 85sqm rule, I still don’t think it’s dirt cheap).
However middle road site still attracts 10 bidders at 14xxpsf ppr.

Lets see how other land bid price is performing to have a more conclusive picture.
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 06-04-2019 at 07:54 AM..
Old 06-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #461

Can someone enlighten what WR, G and A are? I'm quite new to this...

Thank you in advance.
WR - woodleigh residence
G - the garden residence
A - affinity.
C - park colonial

Aiyo this bro “think carefully” very lazy, always type one alphabet and his statement always very short and subtle. I always need to help him decipher to make it clearer. Lol

Haha, that’s y he says I same wavelength as him. Lol.
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 06-04-2019 at 08:00 AM..
Old 06-04-2019, 08:04 AM   #462

WR - woodleigh residence
G - the garden residence
A - affinity.
C - park colonial

Aiyo this bro “think carefully” very lazy, always type one alphabet and his statement always very short and subtle. I always need to help him decipher to make it clearer. Lol

Haha, that’s y he says I same wavelength as him. Lol.
Thank you, Sir!
Old 06-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #463

Earlier in this thread, someone said that the 2-bedder is the sweet spot for Treasures. While another said that the 12th floor 2-bedder is the best.

Can any1 enlighten which particular 2-bedder is that?

I am aware there is a 2-bedder/1 toilet, 2-bedder/2 toilets, 2-bedder+study, etc...

Would like to do a study on this and see if I can come to the same conclusion as well. Thanks, fellows!
Old 06-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #464

I Guess the new launch price will remain flattish for quite some time.
It’s now a game of tug of war betw buyers and developer. See who give in first.

Developer enbloc/bid the land too high also can’t give too much discount.
Buyers now all adopt the wait and see attitude due to oversupply. But some may need to buy a home desperately for personal reason.

The bargain buys will not be those enbloc sites bought at high price by developer.
The bargain buys will be the subsequent land bid price during this time when market has softened and when there’s oversupply. perhaps the sims drive site is just a start. (But for that area, if 1400psf and subjected to 85sqm rule, I still don’t think it’s dirt cheap).
However middle road site still attracts 10 bidders at 14xxpsf ppr.

Lets see how other land bid price is performing to have a more conclusive picture.
Generally, I conclude similarly. There is simply no need to rush as they have now announced the middle road parcel with another one nearby also available.

Other parcels include one in Clementi and so forth. Land bids, master plans etc are integral to price analysis and these days info is available freely. People who buy without dyodd should not complain when they lose money. Sometimes, people pass off suay when actually it is because one did not dyodd

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 06-04-2019 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Addition
Old 06-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #465

WR is a case of heading towards suicidal. Likewise for the garden residence.
Affinity is also one of them but its saving grace is the new mrt announcement.
Smart pple won’t buy the above 3 projects during launch. They are all set to fail, not surprising.

I feel park colonial, Tre Ver, park Esta is priced quite reasonably in my opinion.
Treasure has the lowest psf so far and thus, for those with limited Budget, it still has its group of supporters.
My gut feel is treasure can’t go any lower judging from my Guess that upcoming EC will be crossing the 1-1.1kpsf bar soon.
You would be surprised by the number of suicidals and ‘not so smart’ in Singapore.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.