HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2019, 12:05 AM   #646
High Supremacy Member

The 2,203-unit Treasure at Tampines sold 289 units with a 59% take-up rate
Developer claims only 490 units released for sale.
Pokémon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 12:15 AM   #647

Don’t worry bro, maybe after the two Bartley jokers G and L launch at 2xxxpsf, likely the above projects will start to move

More such jokers coming up.
Look at this
https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...s-flower-power

According to report,
Quote””
We will certainly draw reference from projects nearby, like The Woodleigh Residences and Park Colonial, and try to strike a balance between the two,” says Sim. Prices of units sold at Park Colonial may have averaged about $1,736 psf at launch in July 2018. However, more than 60 units were sold at prices above $1,900 psf, with close to 20 units sold at prices above $2,000 psf. Meanwhile, the average price of units released at The Woodleigh Residences last November was $2,025 psf.
Sim highlights that while these projects are leasehold, The Gazania and The Lilium are freehold. “Our pricing strategy is pegged to recent new launches in the Bidadari area, with a premium of about 15% to 20% accorded to the freehold status of the two projects.”

Unquote””

What this person is saying, woodleigh caught some suxxxrs paying 2,025 psf, we also like to catch sucxxxrs who will pay 15 to 20% above. What was not mentioned when referencing woodleigh was that they sold 4% of total during launch weekend and have closed their showflat thereafter.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 12:25 AM   #648

Look at this

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...-weekend-sales

Woodleigh has 667 units. During launch weekend, they sold 30 units or about 4 % of total units.
So they declared they launched 50 units and sold 60% !!! Impressive
Old 17-04-2019, 12:44 AM   #649

So those who bought Kingsford sure die c*** stand ? Now reputation so poor, all buyers sure avoid or ask steep discount.

If Kingsford cash flow is poor, company may collapse, buyers left in lurch ....
Look at this link
https://www.propnex.com/templates/St...April/R058058b

According to professional
Kingsford Waterbay. In less than a year, the price of a similar unit was sold higher by $300,000.

I wonder with all the Kingsford saga, moving forward, would price continue to move much higher?
Old 17-04-2019, 05:56 AM   #650

Look at this link
https://www.propnex.com/templates/St...April/R058058b
I missed out his talk which was yesterday. Any1 went for it?
Was it a good talk? Is he advising us to get Stirling?
Old 17-04-2019, 06:04 AM   #651
High Supremacy Member

whats the ten year series answer for this? i was sharing with NSZ my difficulty in putting a price tag for resale.

"
Why RESALE Prices are cheaper than New Launches? Does it mean that we should buy if it is CHEAP?

Have you ever wonder why the resale prices are much cheaper and yet many people still choose to pay more for New Launches?
"
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 06:09 AM   #652

Look at this

According to report,
Quote””
We will certainly draw reference from projects nearby, like The Woodleigh Residences and Park Colonial, and try to strike a balance between the two,” says Sim. Prices of units sold at Park Colonial may have averaged about $1,736 psf at launch in July 2018. However, more than 60 units were sold at prices above $1,900 psf, with close to 20 units sold at prices above $2,000 psf. Meanwhile, the average price of units released at The Woodleigh Residences last November was $2,025 psf.
Sim highlights that while these projects are leasehold, The Gazania and The Lilium are freehold. “Our pricing strategy is pegged to recent new launches in the Bidadari area, with a premium of about 15% to 20% accorded to the freehold status of the two projects.”

Unquote””

What this person is saying, woodleigh caught some suxxxrs paying 2,025 psf, we also like to catch sucxxxrs who will pay 15 to 20% above. What was not mentioned when referencing woodleigh was that they sold 4% of total during launch weekend and have closed their showflat thereafter.
They are also trying to say woodleigh is LH whereas my two Bartley jokers are FH, so 2xxxpsf for G and L is reasonable.
Never mind la, now the trend is one project helps another to sell. Just that some projects took a bit longer due to over supply/mega size.
Anyway, what’s the hurry, so many things can happen within 5 years. (I.e now normantan park is down, less 1800 units to compete with others to fuel the oversupply issue)
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 17-04-2019 at 06:49 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 06:16 AM   #653
High Supremacy Member

ic, as based on ura caveat. got it. thanks!!
Old 17-04-2019, 06:18 AM   #654

whats the ten year series answer for this? i was sharing with NSZ my difficulty in putting a price tag for resale.

"
Why*RESALE Prices are cheaper*than New Launches? Does it mean that we should buy if it is CHEAP?

Have you ever wonder why the resale prices are much cheaper and yet many*people still choose to pay more*for New Launches?
"
While many advocate resale instead of new launch (given both are in same location and resale is always 20-30% cheaper). But there’s always a cap ceiling in terms of price appreciation for resale after a period of time. Be it FH or LH, can’t escape the fate. Especially when a property is passed to 2nd or 3rd buyer, not only the capital gain gets lesser, some may even incur a loss.
U must understand buyer’s sentiment.
Ask yourself, Do u want to pay more to find a gf at early 20s (untouched and brand new) chio bu or a 45 year old 2nd hand/3rd hand milf?
Remember even your answer is to go for xmm, also must make sure not overprice lah.

That’s y it’s impt to have an enter and exit plan. Somehow, I sense that some of the Lao Jiao here can read the cue and analyse the market trend to decide when to enter and when to exit.
It’s not about making the highest profit, it’s about making the most decent profit.
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 17-04-2019 at 06:47 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 07:08 AM   #655

One of my NS mate who’s taking the RES course went. He invited me over but I can’t due to OT. After the event he say i should
really go.
What he quote was:
“No outlook no speculation. Just facts and historical property value patterns to justify why you should or should not sell your house”

I missed out his talk which was yesterday. Any1 went for it?
Was it a good talk? Is he advising us to get Stirling?
zinedine likes this.
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #656
Supremacy Member

"
Why RESALE Prices are cheaper than New Launches? Does it mean that we should buy if it is CHEAP?

Have you ever wonder why the resale prices are much cheaper and yet many people still choose to pay more for New Launches?
"

Resale pricing done by bank assigned valuers? Some may say they cross reference with next door transacted price, while demands affect resale value, cheap doesn't mean good location.

New launch, dev loan from bank, there should be a valuation by bank on the PPR they are looking at. I think that's depend how much bank willing to loan out and how much they value the new development, same goes to IPA buyers are getting from banks which determine their buying power.

A remaining 70 year lease vs a new 99 minus construction and launch period, should there be price different? apart from the ageing dated looks, that minus away any buyer willing to offer price. Plus the loan/CPF restriction of older ppty which recently they are looking at relaxing it.

A old resale need to revamp, reno, cost incur. A buyer after taking loan on ppty, then come the reno loan, his TDSR goes up.

FH vs LH, buyer will prefer a clean nice look of any ppty, a ageing and dated ppty even though it is a FH, price maybe affected. While LH ppty can have a better location with better rental yield.

All in all, you have to look at the policy that affect the buyer on taking loan and rental yield where they use to calculate taxes and value of ppty.
Zze121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #657
Banned

The Sim guy is trying hard to psycho the market, the article is so biased. He's forcing a smile, inside him he knows he's in deep sht. Thankfully, the bartley area has many rich landed ppty owners with bullets to spare so he won't die so badly.

Look at this

According to report,
Quote””

Unquote””

annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 11:45 AM   #658

Looks about right...investors are finding other avenues...

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/sharp-drop-in-singapore-q1-property-investment-sales-colliers
Old 17-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #659
High Supremacy Member

While many advocate resale instead of new launch (given both are in same location and resale is always 20-30% cheaper). But there’s always a cap ceiling in terms of price appreciation for resale after a period of time. Be it FH or LH, can’t escape the fate. Especially when a property is passed to 2nd or 3rd buyer, not only the capital gain gets lesser, some ay even incur a loss.
U must understand buyer’s sentiment.
Ask yourself, Do u want to pay more to find a gf at early 20s (untouched and brand new) chio bu or a 45 year old 2nd hand/3rd hand milf?
Remember even your answer is to go for xmm, also must make sure not overprice lah.

That’s y it’s impt to have an enter and exit plan. Somehow, I sense that some of the Lao Jiao here can read the cue and analyse the market trend to decide when to enter and when to exit.
It’s not about making the highest profit, it’s about making the most decent profit.

for 2nd or 3rd hand props price to plateau or drop make sense based on your explanation. i will study more n decide carefully. quite worrying if it's statistically consistent across e board. means no one would wan to b a 2nd hand or 3rd hand buyer

Last edited by chopra; 17-04-2019 at 12:59 PM..
Old 17-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #660

2nd owner still OK...
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.