HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #706

Based on Q1 2019, average rent went up by 1% for all region.
“Non-landed property rentals in the CCR and OCR went up, by 1.6 per cent and 1.7 per cent respectively. Meanwhile, rentals in the RCR declined 0.3 per cent.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-2019-11480428

This is something very important to take note of since many are buying for rental, hoping that it will cover mortgage payments. Rental market has been weakening. Good luck to all. Don’t get deceived by agents who will always paint a very nice picture to get your money.

When is edgeprop going to publish this news?

Last edited by 1993newbie; 26-04-2019 at 02:28 PM..
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #707

That’s the problem with selective reading and selectively posting links without doing actual ground checks and case studies on different projects. It’s always easy to make sweeping statements w/o doing proper case studies on different projects.

For example, a quick check on Watertown rental contract on March 2019 alone already hit up to 37 rental contracts being lodged in ura site just within a month. For j-gateway, it also manage to secure 35 rental contract just within the month of March.
It is about buying the right property at the right location. Case by case basis.

It is not about following or parroting the big big headlines posted by the bulls or bears in various forums.
Hope the readers here will be discerning enough to make their own judgement because after all, it’s how you manage your own money.
Cheers!

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-04-2019 at 02:34 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #708

Yessss!!!
I’m sure it’s true that rent has went up, even for OCR. My condo itself,12 units of one bedder tenanted out in March out of 17 units based on URA caveat.
Even my next door unit that was sold at $7k more than mine tenanted out liao at $100 more than the previous tenant. New Owner bought it for investment purposes. Didn’t expect there’s demand in northern Region.

That’s the problem with selective reading and selectively posting links without doing actual ground checks and case studies on different projects. It’s always easy to make sweeping statements w/o doing proper case studies on different projects.

For example, a quick check on Watertown rental contract on March 2019 alone already hit up to 37 rental contracts being lodged in ura site just within a month.
It is about buying the right property at the right location.

It is not about following or parroting the big big headlines posted by the bulls or bears in various forums.
Hope the readers here will be discerning enough to make their own judgement because after all, it’s how you manage your own money.
Cheers!

Last edited by 1993newbie; 26-04-2019 at 02:38 PM..
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #709

Super agree with you bro.
Even for OCR, I Guess it’s true that rent has went up. My condo 12 units of one bedder tenanted out in March out of 17 units based on URA caveat.
Even my next door unit that was sold at $7k more than mine tenanted out liao at $100 more than the previous tenant. Owner bought it for investment purposes. Didn’t expect there’s demand at northern Region.
That is why u won’t see all the millionaires on the street. Else where’s the fun in property investment? Lol
A few years back, many naysayers were skeptical of OCR rental demand, saying OCR Mickey Mouse units are untested.
What I have quoted here are two OCR projects with reasonably good rentability demand.

Doing your own due diligence is not about reading the big big headlines from straits times or listening to the bulls and bears telling u what to do.
That’s also the reason why I’m trying to cut my down my participation here recently because I believed the enlightened ones will soon be enlightened and the stubborn ones will still remain stubborn. Don’t mean to offend anyone here.

Cheers and happy hunting.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-04-2019 at 09:17 PM..
Old 26-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #710
Banned

For example, a quick check on Watertown rental contract on March 2019 alone already hit up to 37 rental contracts being lodged in ura site just within a month. For j-gateway, it also manage to secure 35 rental contract just within the month of March.
It is about buying the right property at the right location. Case by case basis.

Cheers!
The article posted by Thinkcarefully is probably one of the more neutral ones you can find.

Don't worry, Ah Ma here has lots of time to do ground check and case studies. A quick check on Watertown (992 units) rental contracts for March 2018 was 66. By following your method of interpreting the rental market, hasn't it declined then?

Look at the rental statistics chart provided by URA. Since 2013, rental has been on a steady decline. Up 1% in one quarter becomes insignificant. With the oncoming supply, where do you think rental will be more likely to head towards? Those buying OCR thinking of renting out, proceed with caution...

You are right, better be discerning on which comments to follow on this forum and best to do your own research if you are capable enough.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #711
Banned

That is why u won’t see all the millionaires on the street. Else where’s the fun in property investment? Lol
Doing your own due diligence is not about reading the big big headlines from straits times or listening to the bulls and bears telling u what to do.
That’s also the reason why I’m trying to cut my down my participation here recently because I believed the enlightened ones will soon be enlightened and the stubborn ones will still remain stubborn. Don’t mean to offend anyone here.

Cheers and happy hunting.
Of course, there are still opportunities in the market. I shall not be so generous to share publicly here.

Some headlines are worth reading. Fact is interest rates are rising, mortgagee listings are increasing, supply in rising. For those not affected by these economic factors and contented with simple rental income then great. However those who are debt-ridden, thinking of earning good rental income, worse still use it for repayments, think twice. I am sure many who purchase OCR condos fall in the latter case. Good luck, stay safe, hope not to see your units on Colliers auction at Amara Hotel next year!

Last edited by annetyu; 26-04-2019 at 03:04 PM..
Old 26-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #712

The article posted by Thinkcarefully is probably one of the more neutral ones you can find.

Don't worry, Ah Ma here has lots of time to do ground check and case studies. A quick check on Watertown (992 units) rental contracts for March 2018 was 66. By following your method of interpreting the rental market, hasn't it declined then?

Look at the rental statistics chart provided by URA. Since 2013, rental has been on a steady decline. Up 1% in one quarter becomes insignificant. With the oncoming supply, where do you think rental will be more likely to head towards? Those buying OCR thinking of renting out, proceed with caution...

You are right, better be discerning on which comments to follow on this forum and best to do your own research if you are capable enough.
If u really do your due diligence, could you tell us how many rental/sales listing was put up in 2018 when Watertown just TOP in 2018 vs the listing put up in 2019?

And really thanks for pointing out a whopping 66 rental transaction took place in Watertown last year March 2018 to justify certain projects do have its attractiveness in its rentability. Even an OCR project like Watertown and jgateway are two good examples.

With basic common sense, project that just top will usually attracts more sales transaction and rental contracts in their first year. As a self proclaimed season buyer/investor, don’t u know about this?

Even screw up project like Kingsford waterbay can easily make 300k profit in a sales transaction once it was just TOP.

Basically, your logic is this. U are now saying a student (who scored 100 marks in 2018 and yet now he’s getting 90 marks in 2019) is deem as poor performance when u failed to factor in the demand and rigor of the current situation.
37 rental transaction in Watertown and 35 rental transaction in Jgateway (just alone in March) is undeniably commendable to me under such over supply circumstances.
All in all, it’s about buying the right project at right location. It’s unavoidable there will be bound to have peak or lull period in every property cycle. Facts still remains as facts as some projects are still performing reasonably well compared to others despite the oversupply situation we are in right now. And also not forgetting July 2018 CM was Just implemented last year.

So back to your Terrasse recommendation again, which one is better in terms of rental opportunity?
No offense intended.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-04-2019 at 09:32 PM..
Old 26-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #713
High Supremacy Member

Of course, there are still opportunities in the market. I shall not be so generous to share publicly here.

Some headlines are worth reading. Fact is interest rates are rising, mortgagee listings are increasing, supply in rising. For those not affected by these economic factors and contented with simple rental income then great. However those who are debt-ridden, thinking of earning good rental income, worse still use it for repayments, think twice. I am sure many who purchase OCR condos fall in the latter case. Good luck, stay safe, hope not to see your units on Colliers auction at Amara Hotel next year!
Please share with me the opportunities. I am scouting landed. Thanks.
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 04:15 PM   #714

Haha, how sure are you to commend that interest rate will continue to rise?
Fed already signaling it’s reaching the end of interest hikes.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/30/us/politics/fed-interest-rate.amp.html

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-04-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Old 26-04-2019, 04:35 PM   #715
Banned

If u really do your due diligence, could you tell us how many rental/sales listing was put up in 2018 when Watertown just TOP in 2018 vs the listing put up in 2019?

With basic common sense, project that just top will usually attracts more sales transaction and rental contracts in their first year. As a self proclaimed season buyer/investor, don’t u know about this?

Even screw up project like Kingsford waterbay can easily make 300k profit in a sales transaction once it was just TOP.

Basically, your logic is this. U are now condemning a student (who scored 100 marks in 2018 and yet now he’s getting 90 marks in 2019) is deem as poor performance when u failed to factor in the demand and rigor of the current situation.
37 rental transaction in Watertown and 35 rental transaction in Jgateway (just alone in March) is undeniably commendable to me under such over supply circumstances.
All in all, it’s about buying the right project at right location. It’s unavoidable there will be bound to have peak or lull period in property market. Facts still remains as facts as some projects are still performing reasonably well compared to others despite the oversupply situation we are in right now. And also not forgetting July 2018 CM was Just implemented last year.

So back to your Terrasse recommendation again, which one is better in terms of rental opportunity?
No offense intended.
Watertown is TOP in 2017. You are right in a way. But still, contracts expire and have to be renewed, adding to the numbers again 1 year later. In the first place, I don't agree with this method of judging the healthiness of rental market. I am not self proclaimed season investor, it is a fact. Now, I am no longer in the market so I have no reason to provide any biased views, unlike you .

How many kingsford unit earn 300k? Just because of 1 unit, trying to make others excited? Kingsford owners can thank their gods for having those overpriced new launches around them. I don't think kingsford is that "screw up" anyway just because of some minor interior defects which can be easily rectified, not as if the building is going to collapse..

No point looking at just watertown and j-gateway. You have to look at the entire OCR rental statistics. Ah ma not so savvy to find this data, you can try if you want, or don't bother if it will be against your case .

Since you said it's about buying at the right location, Terrasee would be the better option? It is next to future MRT and still looks new. Ah ma so kind, provide such a good tip such as Terrasee also get bombarded until like that... aiyo next time I won't be so kind la.

Last edited by annetyu; 26-04-2019 at 04:42 PM..
Old 26-04-2019, 04:40 PM   #716
Banned

Haha, how sure are you to commend that interest rate will continue to rise?
Fed already signaling it’s reaching the end of interest hikes.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www....-rate.amp.html
From your article:
“The case for raising rates has weakened somewhat,” Mr. Powell said, pointing to sluggish inflation, slowing growth in Europe and China, and the possibility of another federal government shutdown.

Either way, does not sound very good for the property market. Low rates but sluggish growth. High rates although good growth.
Old 26-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #717

Watertown is TOP in 2017. You are right in a way. But still, contracts expire and have to be renewed, adding to the numbers again 1 year later. In the first place, I don't agree with this method of judging the healthiness of rental market. I am not self proclaimed season investor, it is a fact. Now, I am no longer in the market so I have no reason to provide any biased views, unlike you .

How many kingsford unit earn 300k? Just because of 1 unit, trying to make others excited? Kingsford owners can thank their gods for having those overpriced new launches around them. I don't think kingsford is that "screw up" anyway just because of some minor interior defects which can be easily rectified, not as if the building is going to collapse..

No point looking at just watertown and j-gateway. You have to look at the entire OCR rental statistics. Ah ma not so savvy to find this data, you can try if you want, or don't bother if it will be against your case .

Since you said it's about buying at the right location, Terrasee would be the better option? It is next to MRT and still looks new. Ah ma so kind, provide such a good tip such as Terrasee also get bombarded until like that... aiyo next time I won't be so kind la.
Kingsford was first launched around 10xx to 11xx psf and recent transaction is all around 13xxpsf. So in other words, it’s not about just one outlier case only.

Why are u discouraging us from looking at some projects that are performing well in terms of rentability ( like watertown, j gateway) and insisting us to just focus on the gloomy side of the story? A more objective way is to analyze on case by case basis.
The point I wanted to illustrate here is simple. There’s still some projects worthwhile looking at if u DYODD.
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-04-2019 at 05:24 PM..
Old 26-04-2019, 04:54 PM   #718

From your article:
“The case for raising rates has weakened somewhat,” Mr. Powell said, pointing to sluggish inflation, slowing growth in Europe and China, and the possibility of another federal government shutdown.

Either way, does not sound very good for the property market. Low rates but sluggish growth. High rates although good growth.
It’s true sluggish growth will affect the overall economic fundamentals.
But bear in mind everyone has different financial capacity to begin with.
To be honest, I have been enjoying myself for the past 11 years paying at an interest rate betw 1% to 1.4%. What more can I ask as long as I know I have a stable income/career to begin with
So tats why a lot of bros here are giving the same advice: “buy within your own means”
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-04-2019 at 05:09 PM..
Old 26-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #719

Why be negative? So long you don't stretch yourself... Should be good. Be positive in life.
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #720

Good luck, stay safe, hope not to see your units on Colliers auction at Amara Hotel next year!
Thanks for your kind advice. I will take note of that.
With 2 out of 3 property fully paid, I will definitely take your advice seriously.

As a silent reader in the past, I do understand you have been an active figure here and one of your favourite stunt is to humiliate other forumers like Miguel (not sure if I spell his name correctly) who share different view of yours.

If I appear to be more knowledgeable/convincing than u and may have unintentionally hurt your ego, I would be more than ready to apologise.

Many had read both our views and comments here.
You should be clearer than me who is the bias and the unpopular one here.
Sometimes, a little self reflection may help, to watch how certain things u should put across diplomatically so that you will not pissed others off.

A good example would be Bro “think carefully” may share differing views from mine but we both respect and appreciate each other’s views and comments. That’s how we learn to agree to disagree, with no ill intention or grudges bore on each other.
Unfortunately, not everyone can establish that level of graciousness.

Seriously, at your age, there’s nothing more important than quality time with family and health. Money and pride should be your least priority I hope.
Good luck!

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-04-2019 at 09:36 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.