HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #796

Not bad, even the 4 bedroom penthouse is sold. Seems like there are people who really dislike landed property. I am curious to know their reasons for buying..
They may not be locals. Foreigners cannot buy landed unless they have special permission.
AlohaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 AM   #797

Why landed not so good to stay.

Landed is way beyond my reach. So i already gave up the dream.

Condo is the only way out
Want to stay landed you need money. Condo maintenence only 300-400 which is peanuts compared to maintaining landed.

But of course there are people who will prefer condo not for financial reasons - but these people are those who buy four Seasons and Ardmore Park - not Gazania or whatever nonsense.
AlohaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #798

Anway, there are too many other more important things in life than just property investment.
To me, property investment is just a passion and hobby, though undeniably, it is a big ticket item.
Quality time with family and personal health is all I care about now.
If buy until so scared and end up with many sleepless nights that eventually affects my health, I will rather quit playing this game Long time ago.[/QUOTE]

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore/singaporeans-spend-triple-the-time-searching-for-property-than-reading-their-children-bedtime-stories-or-speaking-to-their-parents-hsbc-study/ar-AAAMSZB?li=AAaGkVj&%252525252525253Bocid=mailsignoutmd

You would be surprised how property had become a national hobby, more than family time.

But I agree that health is more important as one cannot bring the property to the other world.

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 04-05-2019 at 03:44 AM..
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #799

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...d-to-kids-poll

"Decision to buy is often impulsive."
annetyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #800

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...d-to-kids-poll

"Decision to buy is often impulsive."
Ok I have another confession to make after reading the article.

1) “Singaporean spent an average of 3.29 hr per week on property visiting, trawling through online property search and related discussion and reading property magazine.” That’s an understatement, For my case, I roughly 3.29hr per day instead of per week.

2) “75% of Singaporean spent less than 5 visits when buying/hunting for their first home.”
For me, my first home was bought just based on first visit to SF in 2003.
Even The most recent investment unit I bought was also done within first visit. (Probably took me less than 3hrs to submit Cheque)
Yes, I admit I’m impulsive. The article was accurate

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 04-05-2019 at 08:58 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #801

Why landed not so good to stay.

Landed is way beyond my reach. So i already gave up the dream.

Condo is the only way out
Pests, rats, bats, pipe leakage, air con duct issue, flooding during December heavy rain, too many bedrooms with 2 rooms left empty for 10 years, big space very difficult to clean and maintain, insects build nest on my trellis at rooftop and sofa, climbing of stairs not for my aging parents...and the list goes on.
Now switching back to 4 bedder condo. The size just nice for my family.
Pokémon likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #802

Pests, rats, bats, pipe leakage, air con duct issue, flooding during December heavy rain, too many bedrooms with 2 rooms left empty for 10 years, big space very difficult to clean and maintain, insects build nest on my trellis at rooftop and sofa, climbing of stairs not for my aging parents...and the list goes on.
Now switching back to 4 bedder condo. The size just nice for my family.
3.5m should be able to get a new built terrace house with pool and lift. No pests and rats. Your 4 bedder should be at most 2m I believe.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #803

3.5m should be able to get a new built terrace house with pool and lift. No pests and rats. Your 4 bedder should be at most 2m I believe.
"No pests and rats" - You personally guarantee huh?
iCubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #804

"No pests and rats" - You personally guarantee huh?
I stayed in landed for a period of time before. If you upkeep your house well, rats will definitely not be a problem. Cockroaches and lizards will have of course. Even condo will have these small pests.

If your house has rats, its either few decades old or you have extremely poor hygiene.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #805

climbing of stairs not for my aging parents...
Ahhh, you are living with your parents. No wonder you seem to be able to afford so many properties. But thats a good thing, rather than getting a maid to look after them. No siblings to fight over your parents' property with? Haha..
Old 03-05-2019, 05:24 PM   #806

Ahhh, you are living with your parents. No wonder you seem to be able to afford so many properties. But thats a good thing, rather than getting a maid to look after them. No siblings to fight over your parents' property with? Haha..
My dad is a taxi driver and my mum is a housewife. I was born in a 1 room rented flat at red hill.
What do you think?

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 04-05-2019 at 06:28 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #807

I stayed in landed for a period of time before. If you upkeep your house well, rats will definitely not be a problem. Cockroaches and lizards will have of course. Even condo will have these small pests.

If your house has rats, its either few decades old or you have extremely poor hygiene.
I disagree. No matter how clean and tidy your house is, as long you have untidy neighbours, their pest and rat problem will also become your problem.
NiShiZhu likes this.
iCubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #808

My terrace is a brand new unit (less than 2 years) bought from the first buyer who left it vacant.
Bet she never stay in landed.
So she’s ignorant of all these things.
So you’re saying your previous landed and all landed homes have rats. That’s a very bold statement..

Up to you to think whether I stayed landed before or not. I may be ah ma but I’m not old yet. My mum is still alive and staying her bungalow at Serangoon gardens. Even though the property is a few decades old, I don’t hear the helpers complaining about rats.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #809

My dad is a taxi driver and my mum is a housewife. I was born in a 1 room rented flat at red hill.
What do you think?
I admire you. Good job.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #810
Master Member

Lai liao lai liao lor.
captain huat is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.