HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #91
Master Member

I'm just posing some questions...
Next question is... why buy coco palms ...
Palette and Dnest are selling 200 PSF cheaper and just beside....
Palette (TOP: 2016) is further to walk to Pasir Ris MRT vs Coco Palms (TOP: 2019) so that's not a fair comparison.

D'nest is slightly further to the MRT vs Coco Palms and it TOPed in 2017 vs Coco Palms that just TOPed this year.

Newer developments would always command a higher price and Coco Palms is a nearer walk to the MRT. I went to the showroom when Coco Palms launched and it was a comfortable walk. MRT proximity is always a deciding factor.
microtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #92
Master Member

The mrt is too far for my liking. 2200 units a bit hard to rent out right for investment. The poor quality of wood in the showroom is a big concern for me. Especially the toilet one. Poor design for the toilet cabinet.
lockks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #93
Master Member

The mrt is too far for my liking. 2200 units a bit hard to rent out right for investment. The poor quality of wood in the showroom is a big concern for me. Especially the toilet one. Poor design for the toilet cabinet.
Exactly... I won't say that it's comfortable walking distance to the MRT.
Old 20-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #94

For me - I enjoy the middle food market during special occasions. Good to bring visitors to see!
Old 20-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #95
Master Member

To Tampines MRT walking will take maybe 20 minutes.
To Simei MRT walking maybe 10-15 minutes.

Nowadays most wood is just laminated wood.
Water goes into the edges accidentally, especially in toilet, and the laminate will peel off.
Parka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 11:50 PM   #96

I saw that the prices for Treasure at Tampines at https://treasureattampiness.sg/ to be from $1,280 psf. what do you guys think of The Tapestry in comparision? The tapestry still is by CDL. Isn't it better to get The Tapestry instead?

I have been waiting for this launch but feel that 2,208 units a little too many units! I wonder how the Car park is going to be like in the morning peak rush hour and evening peak rush hour.
kennethlohb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 06:29 AM   #97
Master Member

I saw that the prices for Treasure at Tampines at https://treasureattampiness.sg/ to be from $1,280 psf. what do you guys think of The Tapestry in comparision? The tapestry still is by CDL. Isn't it better to get The Tapestry instead?

I have been waiting for this launch but feel that 2,208 units a little too many units! I wonder how the Car park is going to be like in the morning peak rush hour and evening peak rush hour.
Don't know about now but the Tapestry was launched at $1,310psf about 1 year ago. https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...t-the-tapestry

The location is poor as it's not within walking distance to any MRT so capital appreciation would be slow. If you ask me to choose between Treasure vs Tapestry then Treasure wins hands down due to better location. Me personally, I'd go for Coco Palms as it just TOPed (can move in right away) and it's a comfortable 5min+ walk to Pasir Ris MRT and the 2 bedrooms are going at about $1,200psf~ only. You probably drive so you won't care about the MRT but if you sell in the future it will matter a lot to most people. I personally won't buy a condo unless it's within 5min+ walk to an MRT.

The closer a condo is located to an MRT = Better chance of capital appreciation
Old 21-03-2019, 07:59 AM   #98

Tks bro for the advise. I was looking at the 5br to stay in but just worried might be congested. The 4BR at tapestry looks quite interesting with the dual key units. Yes priced increased Frm what I saw the first time. I thought the concierge for The Tapestry also v good. I’m such a sucker for service. Lol

For 2br investment I recently went to see Rezi 24. Like not bad and I feel gd cap and rental returns, gr8 entry price.. but no bullets. Need to focus on buying 1 for own stay.

Don't know about now but the Tapestry was launched at $1,310psf about 1 year ago. https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...t-the-tapestry

The location is poor as it's not within walking distance to any MRT so capital appreciation would be slow. If you ask me to choose between Treasure vs Tapestry then Treasure wins hands down due to better location. Me personally, I'd go for Coco Palms as it just TOPed (can move in right away) and it's a comfortable 5min+ walk to Pasir Ris MRT and the 2 bedrooms are going at about $1,200psf~ only. You probably drive so you won't care about the MRT but if you sell in the future it will matter a lot to most people. I personally won't buy a condo unless it's within 5min+ walk to an MRT.

kennethlohb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 08:05 AM   #99

Provided you didn't buy that close-to-MRT condo at a premium.

Tapestry comparatively isn't too attractive. There are santorini, alps, Q Bay and the upcoming ec to compete with tapestry, it is difficult to sell well. The developer may he cdl but for resale, potential buyers will be less concern of who is the developer. Treasure is a big project, if you do your due diligence, you may find 'treasure'?
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #100

There’s no perfect condo in this world.

Which projects can boost to have all of the following?

- within 5-10min walk to mrt and tons of amenities
- not many units so less competition in terms of rental, sales & facilities usage
- cheap maintenance fees
- high rental demand & yield
- high capital appreciation
- very spacious, efficient layouts for all living, dining & bedrooms
- highest standard of premium fittings & finishing
- within 1km to prestige schools
- at a super convenient yet non-crowded location...

So on and so forth… u get my gist.

If heng heng there’s one, u’ll be assured developer will price it at much premium pricing to reflect its ‘perfectness’. They are in the business of making $$, not losing it.

E.g. If Tapestry is at a better location, CDL would have being selling it at higher prices, perhaps at least $200psf more

Hence, it all boils down to what u want, what is more important to u and how much u willing to pay for it.

Past transactions (which u can easily checked from online) have already shown many owners of less-than-perfect condos at less-than-perfect locations are quietly laughing their way to their banks.... while some upmarket condos at much better locations are stil losing money for their owners.
lork44 likes this.
aphel14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #101
High Supremacy Member

Past transactions (which u can easily checked from online) have already shown many owners of less-than-perfect condos at less-than-perfect locations are quietly laughing their way to their banks.... while some upmarket condos at much better locations are stil losing money for their owners.
Immediately think of the recently TOP Kingsford Waterbay...
Pokémon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #102

- not many units so less competition in terms of rental, sales & facilities usage
- cheap maintenance fees

If heng heng there’s one, u’ll be assured developer will price it at much premium pricing to reflect its ‘perfectness’. They are in the business of making $$, not losing it.

E.g. If Tapestry is at a better location, CDL would have being selling it at higher prices, perhaps at least $200psf more

Hence, it all boils down to what u want, what is more important to u and how much u willing to pay for it.

I like your train of thoughts.

However. we are dealing with disillusioned Singaporeans here who wishes to make a quick buck by having light ears to the market trends.

I (personally) always advocate that Singapore's golden years are 1990s to 2000s. We did not have ipads back then, life was much simpler and I was always looking forward to go home to watch TMNT.

Granted that some private home owners suffer the brunt of the cooling measures, but with the right perspective, this is to protect the property market, or Singaporeans at large. Please, I am not a government supporter nor basher.

My advise for those who are thinking of making some cash out of trends, then I would advise you to think again.

1. 20 years ago, ipad was almost non-existent (if you get what i mean) Can you bear the fluctuation with the test of time? Now, imagine if you have bought the "prime" unit in Sentosa, you are losing more than 40% of the initial price
2. Are you going to stay single and move around like nomads? How about your kids education? Are they going to school hop?
3 So you bought a condo at $850k, you sell it at $1.1M. Whats next? downgrade to HDB? Have you considered your renovation for the condo and the next unit you are moving in? You buy premium condo but sleep on tilam and eat maggie? Then downgrade to HDB? $1.1M - $850k = $250k. Is that the true amount after 5 years and deducting the reno and all?

What I noticed about prudent couples. Pain Pain one time, they buy a HDB/condo which they can afford. Most of them go for 5 room, or the biggest condo which they can afford. They pay off the loan. And do u notice there are more and more expensive cars in HDB carparks? Because most of them are debt free. They drive a nice car, live in a loan-free unit. renovate the house every 15 years.

Everything is in inverse relation. In Singapore, unless u are Peter Buffet Lim, you can't live a life of riley. Don't drive a big car, stay in a big house and eat maggie noodles and luncheon meat from 25 years onwards and then downgrade to a HDB after u cash in on your cheap trill.

This is wad we call giam cai mia.
Old 21-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #103

Look closer and you will find other things in the showroom that weren't promising:

1. the build and finish of the kitchen top is very bare and basic
2. the design of the balcony grill and paintwork is simply terrible, it looks like those poorly painted metal handrails you find in hdb common area stairwell.
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #104

- cheap maintenance fees

No one is saying this project or any project has to have everything. There's however a large difference between buying for own stay and investment.

If you are buying for own stay and happy with the location, facilities, size of unit and layout, amenities nearby and price (or if you can live with the "weaknesses" of the property) then by all means go ahead.

For investment and/or rental the criteria should be much stricter for investors. With the current regulatory environment and political climate, do you think that the cooling measures will be removed anytime soon? I also don't think its appropriate to compare with gains investors made in a previous market cycle (ie they may have bought in around 2009/10) and/or prior to the 2 latest rounds of cooling measures.
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #105

True that I also observe that there are more BMW, Mercedes, audi in hdb carpark. I'm thinking whether is it they can't buy additional or upgrade property, so they rather just buy an expensive car and live in a well renovated hdb.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.