HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2019, 12:22 AM   #1096

Ok Iím quite a noob at this. First time looking for 2nd property to invest. For my own stay property I always go for Ďfeelí I get at the showflat or location itself so donít study so much in terms of density, statistics etc.

If Iím looking for potential price appreciation, not so much rental income, would it make more sense to buy a new pty Eg treasures given its low psf and entry price vs a resale in the same area?

Agent claims that new launches developer will always give discounts cos its soft launch and they wanna make the numbers look good so they can raise the prices in future Ďofficialí launches. Is this true? Makes sense but Iím not exactly convinced other than the fact he wants the comm now.
You should not be asking if what the agent said is true.

You should be asking if you had done your own research, do you think Treasure is worth putting your money and bet on. Remember it is YOUR MONEY ddydd.

The general points about treasure have already been discussed, just scroll up. Treasure has more than 2,200 units to start with, so you still have about 2,000 units to choose from.

From agents point of view, they need to sing the tune as they need to put food on the table. Just read one agent singing Ď6.9 million comingí song. Buy property can huat. However landlords know how good the rental market is, just speak to some of your friends who may be landlords.

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 30-05-2019 at 12:25 AM..
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 12:36 AM   #1097

https://www.propertysoul.com/2019/05/06/can-market-absorb-upcoming-supply/

Ku is one of the most balanced analysts in the market. Have a look.
annetyu and TeamUSA like this.
Old 30-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #1098

Ok I’m quite a noob at this. First time looking for 2nd property to invest. For my own stay property I always go for ‘feel’ I get at the showflat or location itself so don’t study so much in terms of density, statistics etc.

If I’m looking for potential price appreciation, not so much rental income, would it make more sense to buy a new pty Eg treasures given its low psf and entry price vs a resale in the same area?

Agent claims that new launches developer will always give discounts cos its soft launch and they wanna make the numbers look good so they can raise the prices in future ‘official’ launches. Is this true? Makes sense but I’m not exactly convinced other than the fact he wants the comm now.
For 2nd property investment definitely not! My property agents also tell me they wouldn't buy it for investment whether for capital gains or rental yield. Potential renters will likely work in CBP, and there is a already quite a lot of existing supply in Tanah Merah, Melville Park area, both which are closer to CBP.

Own stay is a different issue, and different considerations apply.
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 11:29 PM   #1099

Ok I’m quite a noob at this. First time looking for 2nd property to invest. For my own stay property I always go for ‘feel’ I get at the showflat or location itself so don’t study so much in terms of density, statistics etc.

If I’m looking for potential price appreciation, not so much rental income, would it make more sense to buy a new pty Eg treasures given its low psf and entry price vs a resale in the same area?

Agent claims that new launches developer will always give discounts cos its soft launch and they wanna make the numbers look good so they can raise the prices in future ‘official’ launches. Is this true? Makes sense but I’m not exactly convinced other than the fact he wants the comm now.
You might want to try looking for well-priced resale condos, and put in some renovation, if you have the cash. That could offer better pricing PSF.

But if you prefer new and have the funds, maybe go and see Riviere. The location is quite special, the former Zouk site. I really like the Riviere showflat. Good size rooms (for a change), efficient layouts, good feel, quite classy. The preview price is lower than for Martin Modern, though I think the Riviere location is better. It's also a mixed development, which is normally more ex. This place should be quite easy to rent out too. But need deep pockets for this one. The one bedroom alone starts from $1.54M up.

Last edited by Wimsey; 30-05-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Wimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #1100

My budget is < 1 mil, preferably 700k region. Don’t wanna overstretch thus actually prefer BUC for investment given the lower outlay. Any good recommendations? If not maybe I’ll just use the money and buy a bond instead
punkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #1101

Wink

My budget is < 1 mil, preferably 700k region. Donít wanna overstretch thus actually prefer BUC for investment given the lower outlay. Any good recommendations? If not maybe Iíll just use the money and buy a bond instead
The Garden Residences Star-Buy units
PNGunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #1102
SBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

My budget is < 1 mil, preferably 700k region. Donít wanna overstretch thus actually prefer BUC for investment given the lower outlay. Any good recommendations? If not maybe Iíll just use the money and buy a bond instead
BUC project for lower outlay? Their psf is at all-time high. Get smallest unit to attain lowest quantum?

Jus passed by the actual site. Who is this S&L City Builder?
Like not popular. Related to Sim Lian?

St 11 will be very jammed next time.
SBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:42 PM   #1103
High Supremacy Member

Seems now all new condo psf very high. but always people say high but it will only keep going higher.
Broadwalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #1104

Can consider Parc Esta too !

My budget is < 1 mil, preferably 700k region. Don’t wanna overstretch thus actually prefer BUC for investment given the lower outlay. Any good recommendations? If not maybe I’ll just use the money and buy a bond instead
chiaxin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #1105

For 2nd property investment definitely not! My property agents also tell me they wouldn't buy it for investment whether for capital gains or rental yield. Potential renters will likely work in CBP, and there is a already quite a lot of existing supply in Tanah Merah, Melville Park area, both which are closer to CBP.

Own stay is a different issue, and different considerations apply.

You can see that those non-agents advise you to do your sums. The ones who keep asking you to buy this or that (maybe my Guess is they are agents).

My sincere advice, do your maths, calculate the potential rental with admin charges, legal fees etc before taking the plunge. At least you know when you jump in, your eyes were wide open not based on mere hearsay.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:34 AM   #1106

Treasure ONLY 13% sold after THREE MONTHS

Look at page below:

https://sbr.com.sg/residential-prope...ns-drive-gains

As we all know, Treasure only 13% sold and almost 2000 units left...you can slowly choose.

Other notables are
Rezi 24, 3.4% sold
Nylon, 4%
35 gilstead, 4%
Florence, 5.5%

In real life, these are the F9 graders.
annetyu likes this.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:31 AM   #1107
High Supremacy Member

Look at page below:

As we all know, Treasure only 13% sold and almost 2000 units left...you can slowly choose.

Other notables are
Rezi 24, 3.4% sold
Nylon, 4%
35 gilstead, 4%
Florence, 5.5%

Would you mind add one more info to the project when is their expiration date before penalty?
Old 03-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #1108

Look at page below:

Other notables are
Rezi 24, 3.4% sold
Nylon, 4%
35 gilstead, 4%
Florence, 5.5%

One more huge development at clementi coming up.

Thankfully for them normanton park out of the market, got less competition.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #1109
High Supremacy Member

One more huge development at clementi coming up.

Thankfully for them normanton park out of the market, got less competition.
Normanton park any update from the china developer? Are we expecting firesales or no sales?
Old 03-06-2019, 10:18 AM   #1110

Normanton park any update from the china developer? Are we expecting firesales or no sales?
Fire sales once TOP
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.